Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

The 9 point cushion

Is now the gap between us and third placed Charlton who dont have any games in hand over us. I''m not bothered really if Leeds overtake us. Obviously I would love the title, but promotion is what we''re here for, and that is exactly what looks very likely now. [:)] Get in! [Y]

Leeds now have 3 home games on the bounce and would like to be confident of 9 points.Looking at our next 3 games ( 2 at home) I think we should take 7 points.

Lol, on WACCOE I''m seeing that they''d snatch second place if offerred right now, also seeing mumblings of sacking Grayson!!!

[quote user="morty"]Lol, on WACCOE I''m seeing that they''d snatch second place if offerred right now, also seeing mumblings of sacking Grayson!!!
[/quote]

There was a lot more than mumblings about sacking him when they were losing to Carlisle....their all animals on there

wish we were playing leeds next week, take them while they look like they can''t buy a win

happy for charlton to put pressure on them... again I hope the three horse race bcomes a two horse with leeds and charlton for second and third place... we need to keep on pushing, but hell I wish we were playing Leeds next Saturday

Well it is a 9 point cushion with no games in hand over Charlton. Assuming they dont get 2 late goals, at which it would still be a pretty sweet 8 point cusion. [:)] Very reassuring.

[quote user="Brendan"]Well it is a 9 point cushion with no games in hand over Charlton. Assuming they dont get 2 late goals, at which it would still be a pretty sweet 8 point cusion. [:)] Very reassuring.
[/quote]

A warm cosy feeling!

For a team who were suppose to be struggling , bristol rovers have played very well tonight

[quote user="yoda"]For a team who were suppose to be struggling , bristol rovers have played very well tonight[/quote]Although they should''ve been playing with 10 men after about 30 secs. An absolutely appalling tackle by Blizzard which broke his opponent''s ankle.

I''m more than happy for our sides to pull away from the rest. Seems like Charlton (and ourselves to some extent in recent weeks) simply aren''t up for the fight against lesser clubs. Let''s hope we both get maximum points from the next few home games, and that Charlton continue to slup up. We''ll sort the formalities of 1st/2nd once promotion is assured.

[quote user="batesout MOT"]I''m more than happy for our sides to pull away from the rest. Seems like Charlton (and ourselves to some extent in recent weeks) simply aren''t up for the fight against lesser clubs. Let''s hope we both get maximum points from the next few home games, and that Charlton continue to slup up. We''ll sort the formalities of 1st/2nd once promotion is assured.[/quote]

Your far too polite for Waccoe

[quote user="Brendan"]And there it is, 9 point cushion. Ahhh. [:)] [<:o)][/quote]Not wanting to rain on your parade or anything Brendan but Charlton aren''t the only ones going for a top two finish. If - it''s a big if granted - Colchester win their game in hand and Swindon win both theirs both teams will be seven points behind us.Even with all the '' ifs '','' buts '' and '' maybes '' it''s still looking pretty good though.....

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Brendan"]And there it is, 9 point cushion. Ahhh. [:)] [<:o)][/quote]Not wanting to rain on your parade or anything Brendan but Charlton aren''t the only ones going for a top two finish. If - it''s a big if granted - Colchester win their game in hand and Swindon win both theirs both teams will be seven points behind us.Even with all the '' ifs '','' buts '' and '' maybes '' it''s still looking pretty good though.....

[/quote]Yeah, granted. But it''s points on the board. You could of said earlier ''Charlton are only going to be 6 points behind assuming they win their game in hand tonight'', Oh wait, they didnt.

We have to be careful of the leaders curse which is over-reacting when the lead is cut.

We have only just taken the lead and are only just consolidating.

But as I said, I feel if we won five in a row after Millwall at 78 points we would be unassailable barring the mother and father of all collapses.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[quote user="batesout MOT"]I''m more than happy for our sides to pull away from the rest. Seems like Charlton (and ourselves to some extent in recent weeks) simply aren''t up for the fight against lesser clubs. Let''s hope we both get maximum points from the next few home games, and that Charlton continue to slup up. We''ll sort the formalities of 1st/2nd once promotion is assured.[/quote]

[/quote]You''re not wrong there, the future is yellow......There''s one or two quite reasonable Leeds fans on here.........it''s just that when they press that '' waccoe '' button they somehow turn into snarling, foaming-at-the-mouth psychos ( lol )

You said it Smith - what I reckon we all need though is you beating Charlton and Swindon us beating Charlton and Swindon and then a straight fight for first place. Cant see Colchester keeping up the pace.

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Brendan"]And there it is, 9 point cushion. Ahhh. [:)] [<:o)][/quote]Not wanting to rain on your parade or anything Brendan but Charlton aren''t the only ones going for a top two finish. If - it''s a big if granted - Colchester win their game in hand and Swindon win both theirs both teams will be seven points behind us.Even with all the '' ifs '','' buts '' and '' maybes '' it''s still looking pretty good though.....

[/quote]Yeah, granted. But it''s points on the board. You could of said earlier ''Charlton are only going to be 6 points behind assuming they win their game in hand tonight'', Oh wait, they didnt. [/quote]Yes, you''re right we have a nine point cushion............but it''s only over Charlton. It''ll be a nine point - or better - cushion over the others only if they fail to win their games in hand.

9 points or 7 points? who cares we are clear at the top!! Let the rest fight amongst themselves for 3rd as long as we carry on our avg 2.13 points per game we will hit 98 points...

Lets start the run in with a convincing home win over Southampton!

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[/quote]

You''re not wrong there, the future is yellow......

There''s one or two quite reasonable Leeds fans on here.........it''s just that when they press that '' waccoe '' button they somehow turn into snarling, foaming-at-the-mouth psychos ( lol )
[/quote]

To be fair, over the last few years on WACCOE, we''ve had enough numpties from pretty much every club in the football league come to take the ---- out of us. So don''t really expect a warm welcome if you''re doing the same.

However, if I met another fan in the pub before a game, I''d be civil. So follow the same code of conduct on the net, rather than gobbing off from behind a keyboard, as so many others choose to do.

The usual good way to deal with it, the unwritten law: "Just think about winning your own games, and don''t look at others" This means we''ve got to go out on saturday, not thinking about anything else than 3 points. CR will reflect that, I''m sure!!!