Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Grant holt.. shut up!

[quote user="Boyo"]

Jas, I totally agree with you here, Holt is always giving away silly free kicks, leaving his foot in and arguing with the ref so he does just need to shut up for the rest of the season and be a bit more sensible.

I think now though 10 bookings equals a two match ban, and he is almost certainly going to end up missing the Leeds game.  People are saying that we have great back up with Cody and Oli, but in these three games we have had no physical presence going forward and that is a must in this league.  When the emergency loan window opens, someone like Adebola, is a must, just for the rest of the season.

[/quote]

I think you''ll find it''s called ''unsettling the opposition'' and ''keeping the referee honest'' - and is a management approved tactic.

Did you see Alan Lee waving his elbows about for Palace today against Villa. Eventually they had to take him off to save him from himself.

OTBC

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]He is the Captain, of corse he is going to dispute decisions[/quote]I agree with you that a captain has to be vocal with officials, but as in all my years watching football I have only ever seen a ref change his mind once (that was a penalty decision at Carrow Road, think it was in a derby) there is little point in doing so to such a level that it gets you booked.  Make your point yes, hopefully sow some doubt in the refs mind that he may have got it wrong so he perhaps gives you the benefit of the doubt later but to get booked, suspended and still have the decision go against you seems a little bit daft.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Did you see Alan Lee waving his elbows about for Palace today against Villa. Eventually they had to take him off to save him from himself.

[/quote]He was like a windmill all game, should have been given a straight red with about five mins to go when he elbowed a Villa defender in the head deliberately.

[quote user="Smudger"]

About time that the board came up with something to bring in a suitable target man as a replacement then isn''t it?

It is pretty obvious that Holt is likely to pick up another two bookings before April 11th.

Yet more prudence with ambition I fear!

[/quote]

Spot on, Smudger. I wouldn''t have minded if we''d kept Carl Cort, to be honest.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]He is the Captain, of corse he is going to dispute decisions[/quote]I agree with you that a captain has to be vocal with officials, but as in all my years watching football I have only ever seen a ref change his mind once (that was a penalty decision at Carrow Road, think it was in a derby) there is little point in doing so to such a level that it gets you booked.  Make your point yes, hopefully sow some doubt in the refs mind that he may have got it wrong so he perhaps gives you the benefit of the doubt later but to get booked, suspended and still have the decision go against you seems a little bit daft.[/quote]

Spot on Pboro

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]He is the Captain, of corse he is going to dispute decisions[/quote]

I agree with you that a captain has to be vocal with officials, but as in all my years watching football I have only ever seen a ref change his mind once (that was a penalty decision at Carrow Road, think it was in a derby) there is little point in doing so to such a level that it gets you booked.  Make your point yes, hopefully sow some doubt in the refs mind that he may have got it wrong so he perhaps gives you the benefit of the doubt later but to get booked, suspended and still have the decision go against you seems a little bit daft.
[/quote]agreed [Y]

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"][quote user="Smudger"]

About time that the board came up with something to bring in a suitable target man as a replacement then isn''t it?

It is pretty obvious that Holt is likely to pick up another two bookings before April 11th.

Yet more prudence with ambition I fear!

[/quote]

Spot on, Smudger. I wouldn''t have minded if we''d kept Carl Cort, to be honest.

[/quote]Carl Cort??? lol [:D]