Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Grant holt.. shut up!

on 9 yellows this season now for arguing with the ref.. i know he''s a firey player but we cant afford to lose him to suspension again.. keep it shtum from now on Holt!

About time that the board came up with something to bring in a suitable target man as a replacement then isn''t it?

It is pretty obvious that Holt is likely to pick up another two bookings before April 11th.

Yet more prudence with ambition I fear!

[quote user="Smudger"]

About time that the board came up with something to bring in a suitable target man as a replacement then isn''t it?

It is pretty obvious that Holt is likely to pick up another two bookings before April 11th.

[/quote]Bloody hell its always the boards fault. Did Lambert complain about lack of funds this january? He was able to bring in players he wanted to so if he decides we need another target man I think we will get one, even if it is an emergency loan.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]This is poor even for you, we have 4 good strikers on the books, what more do you want? We won 2 out of 3 without Holt in the side, Oli Johnson and Cody Mcdonald are excellent back-up at this level.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Blimey. If he reaches 10 yellows I think he will get a 2 match suspension. We''ve just survived admirably without him for 3 games, why spend money on bringing in another target man for such a consequence again?

I didn''t think that Holt got booked, the BBC doesn''t have him down for a booking.

Although Smudge is being pedantic and any chance to have a pop at the board for him is good, I do think that we could et another loan signing in, ala Adebola etc, this will help us out when Holt does get the 2 game ban, but if we don''t, then I don''t believe that this will be down to the prudence bollox he came out with, I reckon Lambert will say if he does or doesn''t. He will rule the roost here and if he wants a player, I''m sure that he will quickly have a go at them.

Thats correct Largey. What would be worse though is a atraight red for violent conduct, that would mean a 4 match ban. Worse scenario a red and 2 yellows would see Holt out for 6 of our last 15 games, but I am sure he has learnt his lesson

[quote user="bjg123"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

This is poor even for you, we have 4 good strikers on the books, what more do you want? We won 2 out of 3 without Holt in the side, Oli Johnson and Cody Mcdonald are excellent back-up at this level.
[/quote]

Neither of them good enough for the level above though, other than 10 or 15 min stints from the bench.

It became apparant to all that went to the games how much we missed Holt in the 3 matches he was suspended for.  It is only due the very poor quality of the opposition in this league that we have not found ourselves reeled in by the chasing pack in recent weeks.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

I didn''t think that Holt got booked, the BBC doesn''t have him down for a booking.

Although Smudge is being pedantic and any chance to have a pop at the board for him is good, I do think that we could et another loan signing in, ala Adebola etc, this will help us out when Holt does get the 2 game ban, but if we don''t, then I don''t believe that this will be down to the prudence bollox he came out with, I reckon Lambert will say if he does or doesn''t. He will rule the roost here and if he wants a player, I''m sure that he will quickly have a go at them.

[/quote]no record anywhere about Holt getting booked and when listening to Norfolk it wasnt till the second half when they said one of the players was getting the first booking of the game

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="bjg123"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]This is poor even for you, we have 4 good strikers on the books, what more do you want? We won 2 out of 3 without Holt in the side, Oli Johnson and Cody Mcdonald are excellent back-up at this level.[/quote]

Neither of them good enough for the level above though, other than 10 or 15 min stints from the bench.

It became apparant to all that went to the games how much we missed Holt in the 3 matches he was suspended for.  It is only due the very poor quality of the opposition in this league that we have not found ourselves reeled in by the chasing pack in recent weeks.

[/quote]In case you hadn''t noticed, we''re not in the league above, so your point is moot. THe time for another striker [i] may [/i] be in the summer, but it certainly isn''t now. What do you expect us to have? 3 or 4 top championship quality strikers? I''m sorry but it''s not going to happen. Holt and Martin are an excellent front 2 and Oli Johnson looks like he could become a star, and I''d predict he''ll be an important player for us next season.

[quote user="Harry"]Lappin and Forster were the only Norwich players booked today.
[/quote]

Radio Norfolk made mention that Holt got booked for arguing with the ref.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Harry"]Lappin and Forster were the only Norwich players booked today.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Was that first half Jas? There was a moment around 30 mins when Goreham & Adams were saying Holt was disputing a goal kick saying it was a corner and that he should shut up to avoid the booking.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Harry"]Lappin and Forster were the only Norwich players booked today.[/quote]

[/quote]

Was that first half Jas? There was a moment around 30 mins when Goreham & Adams were saying Holt was disputing a goal kick saying it was a corner and that he should shut up to avoid the booking.

[/quote]Yeah, pretty sure I heard no mentioning of a booking.

Jas, I totally agree with you here, Holt is always giving away silly free kicks, leaving his foot in and arguing with the ref so he does just need to shut up for the rest of the season and be a bit more sensible.

I think now though 10 bookings equals a two match ban, and he is almost certainly going to end up missing the Leeds game.  People are saying that we have great back up with Cody and Oli, but in these three games we have had no physical presence going forward and that is a must in this league.  When the emergency loan window opens, someone like Adebola, is a must, just for the rest of the season.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

yeh that was it.. i was making a cup of tea so didnt hear it and thought Holt had been booked!

By the way when I say that about Cody and Oli I''m not criticising them I''m just saying they''re nothing like Holt.

I think they''re both two good quality players we have in our ever quality growing squad. 

I was at the game and Holt did argue with the ref for a good while (wish he would shut up) but he DID NOT get booked

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]on 9 yellows this season now for arguing with the ref.. i know he''s a firey player but we cant afford to lose him to suspension again.. keep it shtum from now on Holt![/quote]He is the Captain, of corse he is going to dispute decisions[:^)]