Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Dodgy Currie

Not sure whether Wiz will put this under the category of interesting new thread or distracting irrelevance but anyway I see that the Binners - you know, that lot who were recently so skint that they shafted their creditors for just 5p in the pound - have just spend £250,000 on a new player - Darren Currie from Brighton.

He went to Brighton on a free transfer from Wycombe in the summer so on the face of it it seems a strange move. Anyway, the fact that Tahn have splashed the cash has led to an upsurge of speculation in the Tommy Miller to Norwich stories. I''ve always thought that Miller looks a half decent player and he scores plenty of goals from midfield.

If any good can come out of this deal, it''s got to be the Miller rumour, and as much as i''d hate the thought of a binner on our wage bill, he''s a half decent player. Sorry, got to go and rinse my mouth out with lighter fuel!

Such a situation will never happen with, dont u remember its  "Prudence with ambition" as we r constantly being told about!! Cant believe they have spent that much on somebody who is thirty, not really in the same league as lets say a Hucks!!

[quote]Yes £250,000 ! Very interesting, just how do we go about getting into this liquidation lark then ?[/quote]

Jim: I''m finding it very hard not to get drawn into this debate, especially as I promised to leave this subject alone till February!.

But I''m afraid I''m getting mighty close to resurrecting ''Nigel Boy'' again. This debate about taking a chance (in one form or another) just won''t go away, will it?.

Advice needed please.

[quote]Jim: I''m finding it very hard not to get drawn into this debate, especially as I promised to leave this subject alone till February!. But I''m afraid I''m getting mighty close to resurrecting ''Nigel Bo...[/quote]

Deeeeep breaths Wiz , keep your promise now or ...

...(whisper...YC will get ya and Father Xmas won''t bring you a nice shiny new 20 goal forward)

Guess I''m the first to mention then the shocking news:

Sheepsh**** went out and bought a dodgy Currie, it cost him £250,000 - well and trully shafted! Hope it doesn''t end up repeating on him and Ip**** get the erm... ****s

[quote]Guess I''m the first to mention then the shocking news: Sheepsh**** went out and bought a dodgy Currie, it cost him £250,000 - well and trully shafted! Hope it doesn''t end up repeating on him and Ip*...[/quote]

Like it Andertz !

Hard to understand when the financial role model for smaller clubs is asking their players to pay for travelling to away matches.