Sign in to follow this  
Big Rob

City's Dodgy Foreigners.....

Im dead bored at work so thought id do something constructive: We have had some real dodgy foreigners appear in the yellow and green but who were the worst?

Anyone remember Henrik Mortensen?

Did I dream this or did we once have Jimmy Flloyd Hasselbaink''s brother on trial? It was under Bryan Hamilton''s reign of terror, he didn''t make a first team start and I''m sure his name was Fernando Hasselbaink.

It has to be Victor Segura, if only for Roy Waller''s comedy pronounciation  " Seeeegooorah!"

Another name in the frame has to be Jan Molby!

Bring back Ulf ''the viking'' Ottosen and Cedric Anselin!!!

Funny you should mention Marc Libbra, DD - I was watching some old City videos only yesterday and he was featuring and scored some amazing goals and his flick-ons were described as sublime. Pity he didn''t last!
For your collection Rob, how about Jean Yves De Blassis

Blimey! I''d completely forgotten about Victor Segura! I saw him in Norwich once driving around in a car that had "Victor Segura of Norwich City FC" written down the side of it.

I never minded Jean Yves de Blassis.  Had a bit of a nightmare with injuries.  As for Libbra... he really was bloody awful!  Come on, what did he do apart from that goal against Man City??  Not a lot.  I''ve never known a player who could get offside as quickly as Libbra!!  The oppo could have a free kick for offside in under 20 seconds of the game starting!

I sat in the old South Stand for a game against Wimbledon, I was level with the Dons defence and I could see Libbra standing offside for about 85% of that first half.

Someone told me that they saw him wearing gloves during a match in September!

Blust boy I shink tha wust furrener wiv eva hid must be thart weersta space frarm southa tha borda Johnny Miller!! 

What about Gaetano Giallanza - whatever happened to him?

Have to say Derveld is the least talented numbskull I''ve ever seen play for Norwich though - now if Brian Hamilton had just pulled the team shirt on...!!!!

Develd or De Waard for me - two completely talentless players who shouldnt have made a div 3 side let alone citys squad.

Notice just how many of these were from the hamilton era? Shows people just how far we have come so far under Worthy...

OTBC

Henrik Mortensen, going back a few years now. A forward who couldn''t hit a barn door.

Also Pape Diop, who shared only a name and no skill with his namesake in the World Cup in 2002.