Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Time to start with McNamee?

[quote user="Smudger"]I agree GJL... McNamee in for Lappikn every time for me... [Y][/quote]Would that be the same Lappin that heroically cleared a certain goal off the line?[;)]

[quote user="Smudger"]I agree GJL... McNamee in for Lappikn every time for me... [Y][/quote]Maybe if Drury was back, but I don''t trust Rose''s defending with zero protection in front of him. Plus you have the problem of what to do with Hoolahan then. Personally, although we''ve not looked fantastic, we''ve still only lost one match in the last 18 or whatever it is, so I would be loathe to change a winning team, even though I think Lappin has been very average this season.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]I agree GJL... McNamee in for Lappikn every time for me... [Y][/quote]

Would that be the same Lappin that heroically cleared a certain goal off the line?

[;)]
[/quote]

Yes it certainly would... [Y]

What else did Lappin manage to do in todays game???

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Smudger"]I agree GJL... McNamee in for Lappikn every time for me... [Y][/quote]

Maybe if Drury was back, but I don''t trust Rose''s defending with zero protection in front of him. Plus you have the problem of what to do with Hoolahan then. Personally, although we''ve not looked fantastic, we''ve still only lost one match in the last 18 or whatever it is, so I would be loathe to change a winning team, even though I think Lappin has been very average this season.
[/quote]

Why not?  Rose has had pretty much zero protection in every match so far since he signed for us.  Lappin sure as hell can''t tackle so I do not really see why he offers any more defensive options than playing McNamee in that position?

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Smudger"]I agree GJL... McNamee in for Lappikn every time for me... [Y][/quote]

Maybe if Drury was back, but I don''t trust Rose''s defending with zero protection in front of him. Plus you have the problem of what to do with Hoolahan then. Personally, although we''ve not looked fantastic, we''ve still only lost one match in the last 18 or whatever it is, so I would be loathe to change a winning team, even though I think Lappin has been very average this season.
[/quote]

I don''t agree i think he''s had a really good season,funny how fans see things differently.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]I agree GJL... McNamee in for Lappikn every time for me... [Y][/quote]Would that be the same Lappin that heroically cleared a certain goal off the line?[;)][/quote]

[/quote]If he makes the starting line up next week, about enough to catch Paul Lambert''s eye.I think it is difficult to really know how well people are playing based just on Snorefolk commentary, but people who were actually there seem to be saying that everyone was awful!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]I agree GJL... McNamee in for Lappikn every time for me... [Y][/quote]Would that be the same Lappin that heroically cleared a certain goal off the line?[;)][/quote]

[/quote]Set up the winner?

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]I believe he set up the winner?

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Smudger"]I agree GJL... McNamee in for Lappikn every time for me... [Y][/quote]Maybe if Drury was back, but I don''t trust Rose''s defending with zero protection in front of him. Plus you have the problem of what to do with Hoolahan then. Personally, although we''ve not looked fantastic, we''ve still only lost one match in the last 18 or whatever it is, so I would be loathe to change a winning team, even though I think Lappin has been very average this season.[/quote]

Why not?  Rose has had pretty much zero protection in every match so far since he signed for us.  Lappin sure as hell can''t tackle so I do not really see why he offers any more defensive options than playing McNamee in that position?

[/quote]Give over Smudger. I''ve been disappointed with Lappin''s set piece deliveries this season, but there''s no denying he gets stuck in, provides a bit of steel and certainly does not shy away from tackles. McNamee on the other hand is clearly not the sort of player who is going to provide reliable cover for the defenders.

[quote user="Stephen Frys Evil Twin"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]I agree GJL... McNamee in for Lappikn every time for me... [Y][/quote]

Would that be the same Lappin that heroically cleared a certain goal off the line?

[;)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I believe he set up the winner?
[/quote]

...or are you just coming out with a load of old bull in an attempt to make me look more silly than I actually am??? [:P]

According to this http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED12%20Feb%202010%2017%3A49%3A17%3A807 it was Darel Russell who supplied the cross from the free kick for Doherty''s winner.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Give over Smudger. I''ve been disappointed with Lappin''s set piece deliveries this season, but there''s no denying he gets stuck in, provides a bit of steel and certainly does not shy away from tackles. McNamee on the other hand is clearly not the sort of player who is going to provide reliable cover for the defenders.
[/quote]

hahaha Lappin gets stuck in?  You are certainly watching a different player to me! [:$]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Smudger"]I agree GJL... McNamee in for Lappikn every time for me... [Y][/quote]Maybe if Drury was back, but I don''t trust Rose''s defending with zero protection in front of him. Plus you have the problem of what to do with Hoolahan then. Personally, although we''ve not looked fantastic, we''ve still only lost one match in the last 18 or whatever it is, so I would be loathe to change a winning team, even though I think Lappin has been very average this season.[/quote]

[/quote]Give over Smudger. I''ve been disappointed with Lappin''s set piece deliveries this season, but there''s no denying he gets stuck in, provides a bit of steel and certainly does not shy away from tackles. McNamee on the other hand is clearly not the sort of player who is going to provide reliable cover for the defenders.[/quote]

hahaha Lappin gets stuck in?  You are certainly watching a different player to me! [:$]

[/quote]I thought it was generally well accepted that Smudger only sees what he wants to see? [;)] To be fair to the guy, he''s up there with the top assists in the division, and I don''t think Lambert would have any problem with dropping somebody he thinks is underperforming, so he must be doing something right?!

We''re top of the league, we''ve won 20 league games and Simon Lappin has played in pretty much all of those games. He''s very much part of the team, very much part of a winning team.

A good player and a very hard working player.

But it would completely destroy the team structure.  So what''s the plan?  We play 90 minutes with half a diamond with an out and out winger?   Brilliant though Huckerby was, the problem that resulted as a result of his inclusion in the team was that obviously the left back was exposed, but more importantly our midfield was porous and stretched to the limit and the opposition just played through it.   It''s all about balance, and with lappin Norwich have it.     And McNamee looks good - but he''s no huckerby.

Lambert clearly knows what he''s doing and then some.

[quote user="Jacoljam"]Lambert will change it,when it''s time to change it.[/quote]Wise words.[Y]

[quote user="Jacoljam"]Lambert will change it,when it''s time to change it.[/quote]In fact I have nicked them as my new post signature.[:)]

[quote user="Captain Holt"]I wouldn''t drop Lappin just yet, but I do think he is most vulnerable if McNamee keeps impressing.[/quote]Which is what its all about, you keep playing at your very best because you know if you don''t theres someone that wants your place in the team.

I thin Mcnamee is plan b if hoolahan gets injured.  Then there''d be no point playing a diamond as there probably isn''t anyone clever enough to play that position behind the strikers_ maybe hughes?  So then revert to winger(s) 

[quote user="GJP"]

We''re top of the league, we''ve won 20 league games and Simon Lappin has played in pretty much all of those games. He''s very much part of the team, very much part of a winning team.

[/quote]

So you would wait until we are losing several games on the trot in the Championship before you made changes would you?

This is a Mickey Mouse league and yet we have still been underperforming and been lucky to pick up results in many games since the turn of the year.

[quote user="monkfish"]

But it would completely destroy the team structure.  So what''s the plan?  We play 90 minutes with half a diamond with an out and out winger?   Brilliant though Huckerby was, the problem that resulted as a result of his inclusion in the team was that obviously the left back was exposed, but more importantly our midfield was porous and stretched to the limit and the opposition just played through it.   It''s all about balance, and with lappin Norwich have it.     And McNamee looks good - but he''s no huckerby.

Lambert clearly knows what he''s doing and then some.

[/quote]

Except Huckerby never played in a diamond formation and he played at a higher level where this formation of ours with the current players would get found out anyhow.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

So you would wait until we are losing several games on the trot in the Championship before you made changes would you?

This is a Mickey Mouse league and yet we have still been underperforming and been lucky to pick up results in many games since the turn of the year.

[/quote]

Didn''t say that, did I? I''m just not going to panic myself into wanting us to change a winning team.

If winning games of football and being top of the league is "underperforming" then long may it continue.

I realise Huckerby didn''t play in diamond, but the point is with a left winger and three attackers, we''d be open for the better teams to defend.

Take your point about the higher level.  But we''re not in the championship now.  Deal with today first