Sign in to follow this  
Its only my opinion

I wish they would get rid of the Goal music...

reading petes thread asking for peoples ideas made me think,How much i hate the goal music...

The amount of times the barclay have then about to start a charnt just after a goal and been drownd out by that crap tune n every1 starts jumping about like a bunch of muppets! Is soo annoying[:@]

I think it adds to the atmosphere...it only lasts for a few seconds then the Barclay can start a chant when the game is in progress.

[quote user="It''s only my opinion"]

reading petes thread asking for peoples ideas made me think,How much i hate the goal music...

The amount of times the barclay have then about to start a charnt just after a goal and been drownd out by that crap tune n every1 starts jumping about like a bunch of muppets! Is soo annoying[:@]

[/quote/]

Agreed..I''d much rather just hear the roar of the crowd than that annoying music.

The rest of the ground does not celebrate as vibrantly as the Barclay, hence the goal music gets everyone on their feet dancing and jumping! And its a good tune too, used at the Euros was it not?

It''s only my opinion

You sir are a muppet, if their was no goal music it would be more duller atmosphere.

yeah get rid and while we''re at it stop getting no mark pop stars to sing before internationals and cup finals, listening to the crowd sing abide with me used to make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, Katherine Jenkins does something different best saved for a different occasion

[quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]Katherine Jenkins does something different best saved for a different occasion[/quote]Are you talking about the Mars Bar trick?

I love it. How can it drown out the noise of the crowd when the crowd join in with it, leave it as it is and enjoy the fact we''ve heard so often this season.

A roar for the goal lasts a few seconds - and that still happens;  what we get with the music (which is infinitely better than the crass and naff scum tune we now have the team enter too) is a sustain noise which the crowd do join in with.  

Dont see anything wrong with it. It gets the crowd going, and out stadium isnt loud enough to rely on crowd noise alone. Although if you want to discuss "And heres X leading us with kick it off..." at the start of the game then im all in favour of getting rid of this forced, embarassing piece of garbage.

Roar of the goal + music whilst the players celebrate. I like it, it adds to the atmosphere

Love it and it''s the best of its sort. I also like the announcer giving the goal scorer and how many goals the scorer has for the season.

They really should look at the ''build up'' and ''run out'' music mix. Uninspiring and unimaginative

Hey, I love that forced, set-piece On The Ball we do at the start.

I cant wait for the rush of which part of the ground he''s going to say next, will it be Barclay? Or Jarrold? Powerful stuff. I swear I get close to keeling over waiting to see if he''s going to say ''Snakepit'' at the end, I really do.

Everything is spot on, and I love the music and don''t think it takes anything away from the celebration at all, just adds to it. Without it everywhere except the Barclay will be quiet apart from clapping. When we''re away we don''t have it to help our celebrations and I miss it a little.

Love the music adds to the atmosphere, everyone join in, don’t they?

But, if it were to be changed, how about the Benny Hill chase music!! Complete with some totty suitably attired to dash about the pitch. (Just wearing footy shirts?)

Failing that what about the theme to the Magic Roundabout, Antiques Road show or Captain Pugwash themes?

…………………………………………………………………………………………..

“Too many flicks, farts and fannies”

Too many fannies!  Really??

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]Katherine Jenkins does something different best saved for a different occasion[/quote]

Are you talking about the Mars Bar trick?
[/quote]

Thought it was ice cubes?

The time to get concerned is when there is no NEED to play any goal celebration music?

No goals = no music!

My 12 year old has grown up with the goal celebration music - he even put it on his iPod, so it IS liked by many of us!

It''s cringeworthy and totally embarrassing. People go on about how we''re a big club and slagging off all the "tin-pot" teams in this division when in my opinion theme music when you score is what is expected of "small clubs." It''s about as big time as people waving their arms like seals shouting "Easeh, Easeh, Easeh!" Soccer AM What have you done?

Watching everyone clapping and dancing and singing a stupid tune is just embarrassing. It makes people look twelve. The goal is scored, the whole ground cheers and shouts, and then we belt out a loud On The Ball City. We sing On The Ball when the opposition score so how about doing it when we score instead of the most annoying thing about matchday... That stupid song.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]I agree. Why the hell do we need music to prompt us to celebrate? Meaningless pap for the Lovejoy generation [N][/quote]spot on. quite frankly anyone who likes it is a c**k

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]It''s only my opinion

You sir are a muppet, if their was no goal music it would be more duller atmosphere.[/quote]How ever did we cope without it for a hundred years or so?Sap.

i 100% agree. The goal music is rubbish. I still think we should have it though, just think we should go back to Queens "Another one bites the dust". Think we had that for the first Premiership season although can''t be certain. Also kinda takes the mick out of the team you have just scored against, unless they were 5-0 up at the time, then we just look like idiots. When this happens you just dont play any music.

I also agree that the 3-2-1 Kick It Off needs to go. Makes me cringe, although you do end up chanting it. Why does it need a man with a microphone to tell us when to start chanting. From my memory the fans always used to start On the Ball City just as the match was gonna kick off anyway.

I must confess however that I am quite often a few mins late and cant even tell ya wot the song is we run out to. I think we should have something that gets everyone buzzing. I remember going away to scum a few years ago and they played "Welcome to the Jungle". Was quality and about the only thing I could ever give them credit for, oh other than employing Roy Keane!!! I think coming out to the Rolling Stones "Gimme Shelter" would be pretty cool. So please Jim, can ya fix it for me? I dont ask for much.