Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Live on-the-spot videos from games

We''re now providing short on-the-spot videos following press conferences, along with half-time and full-time reports from all Norwich City games. All videos are archived and can be viewed at a later date.

We are trialling it today live from Colney where the Reserves are in action with a match preview, half-time and full-time report from Chris Lakey.

Go to: www.pinkun.com/video

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

We''re now providing short on-the-spot videos following press conferences, along with half-time and full-time reports from all Norwich City games. All videos are archived and can be viewed at a later date.

We are trialling it today live from Colney where the Reserves are in action with a match preview, half-time and full-time report from Chris Lakey.

[/quote]

Will there still be a text report for those of us not in a position to watch a video please?

[quote user="Stephen Frys Evil Twin"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

[/quote]

Will there still be a text report for those of us not in a position to watch a video please?

[/quote]

Yes, this is in addition to, rather than replacing anything.

Good stuff!!!Are you going to buy something for the job other than an N97 though?Not a moan by the way!

Dear oh dear...

You have to admire plucky old Archant trying to get with the times.

This is just Lakey filming himself on a phone and then MMSing it to Archant Towers. Hardly the Sky Copter! Looks like it''s limited to 20 secs as well.

Stick to the writing boys.

[quote user="dizgoo"]

Dear oh dear...

This is just Lakey filming himself on a phone and then MMSing it to Archant Towers. Hardly the Sky Copter! Looks like it''s limited to 20 secs as well.

[/quote]

Not limited to 20 seconds at all (see the match preview) and is done via net connection straight to the web rather than MMS, although the signal at Colney doesn''t seem all that strong!

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="dizgoo"]

Dear oh dear...

[/quote]

Not limited to 20 seconds at all (see the match preview) and is done via net connection straight to the web rather than MMS, although the signal at Colney doesn''t seem all that strong!

[/quote]Buy him one of those fancy little hand held video cams then, should only be about £100!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="dizgoo"]

Dear oh dear...

[/quote]

[/quote]

Buy him one of those fancy little hand held video cams then, should only be about £100!
[/quote]

We have them but they don''t stream straight to the web. If you know of any that do point me in their direction and we''ll buy some. 

Looks like more of the half-time report is coming through...

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="dizgoo"]

Dear oh dear...

[/quote]

[/quote]Buy him one of those fancy little hand held video cams then, should only be about £100![/quote]

We have them but they don''t stream straight to the web. Looks like more of the half-time report is coming through.

[/quote]Ah right. I''m liking the concept definitely but just wondered if you could improve on the quality.[Y] 

[/quote]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="dizgoo"]

Dear oh dear...

[/quote]

Any chance of actually editing it then? Rather than making us seasick!

If you want to diversify into video you could at least make it look semi-professional.

It''s great that we can keep in touch with ressie games but not worth if it looks like something off You''ve Been Framed.

Just my two cents.

If you want to diversify into video you could at least make it look semi-professional.

It''s great that we can keep in touch with ressie games but not worth if it looks like something off You''ve Been Framed.

Just my two cents

(And your message board doesn''t work with IE as well, see above)

[quote user="Barbie"]That''s as good as Lakey is going to look I am afraid.... lol[/quote]OMG, harsh on the lad!!!!

[quote user="dizgoo"]

Just my two cents

[/quote]

Its hardly going to be up to the minute news if they fanny about with it for ages editing.

What do you want for free?

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="dizgoo"]

Dear oh dear...

[/quote]

[/quote]

Buy him one of those fancy little hand held video cams then, should only be about £100!
[/quote]

We have them but they don''t stream straight to the web. If you know of any that do point me in their direction and we''ll buy some. 

Looks like more of the half-time report is coming through...

[/quote]

Just get a Macbook with iSight and use Skype.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="dizgoo"]

Just my two cents

[/quote]

Its hardly going to be up to the minute news if they fanny about with it for ages editing.

[/quote]

Call me old-fasioned but I expect a professional Media organisation to present a professional looking product.

[quote user="dizgoo"]

Just my two cents

[/quote]

[/quote]

Call me old-fasioned but I expect a professional Media organisation to present a professional looking product.

[/quote]Well if you don''t like the product, don''t view it.I suspect that they are just trying out the various aspects of it, gauging feasibility and popularity of the product.I am sure they have taken your constructive criticism on board.

Just my two cents

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well if you don''t like the product, don''t view it.

I suspect that they are just trying out the various aspects of it, gauging feasibility and popularity of the product.

I am sure they have taken your constructive criticism on board.
[/quote]

Next time you find yourself moaning about Sky, BBC or ITV football coverage just take comfort from the fact that at least they don''t shoot it on a Nokia phone.

[quote user="dizgoo"][quote user="morty"][quote user="dizgoo"]

Just my two cents

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Well if you don''t like the product, don''t view it.I suspect that they are just trying out the various aspects of it, gauging feasibility and popularity of the product.I am sure they have taken your constructive criticism on board.[/quote]

Next time you find yourself moaning about Sky, BBC or ITV football coverage just take comfort from the fact that at least they don''t shoot it on a Nokia phone.

[/quote]I don''t moan about it.[:)]

[quote user="dizgoo"]

Just my two cents

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There are a few words I''d use to describe you, and ''old-fashioned'' (presume that''s what you meant to type[:)]) isn''t top of the list [:D]

Good work Pete [Y]

Would be more enjoyable to actually see footage of the team, someone kicking a ball maybe... a chat with a spectator... anything other than lakey!!!

Just seems like self promotion everytime i see the guys face... nothing against him, as i appreciate what he is trying to achieve - but its just the way it comes across to me.

Spice it up a bit, if you''re going to be web 2.0 serving the community then add some interactivity in and give us a taste of actually being there rather than blair witch at colney. ;)

Appreciate the effort, and good idea for using the phone technology - that side of things is spot on imo.

[quote user="dizgoo"]

Just my two cents

[/quote]

Wellllll Hellllooooo Mr Current Affairs.

When did you get made redundant from Archant then?

[quote user="jammis"]

Try a Kodak Zi8 or a Flip camera, buy a mini tripod and away you go...

[/quote]

We have some Kodak Zi8s but you can''t stream video straight to the web with them, which is why we''re using mobiles....

And i thought my podcast was amateur time. This is abysmal, at the very least cant Lakey get a ''friend'' to film him so we dont have to see him faff about turning the N97 round? Is he there on his own or something?