Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Would you settle for 4 points from the next 2 games

To be honest a draw and then a win against southend would not surprise me and to be honest i would settle for that. The other teams behind us on paper have easier fixtures but some will probably drop points. 4points would put us on 70 with only another 18 or so probably needed for one of the automatic spots from our last 13 games that would leave us looking pretty good despite some very tricky fixtures

I tend to agree Yorkshire. I think the Southampton match could be tricky for us so a point may have to do. I would settle for an average of 2 points per game for the rest of the season.

I''d settle for 4 points if Leeds and Col dropped points as well but I agree with previous posters, Paul Lambert will want the 6 points(from Soton and Southend) and nothing less. We have, at long last a manager who will "go for it"when things are possibly not going to plan and that is so good to see. I can''t wait for the next 2 games.Carrow Road is a great place to be on matchdays nowadays. OTBC

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]To be honest a draw and then a win against southend would not surprise me and to be honest i would settle for that. The other teams behind us on paper have easier fixtures but some will probably drop points. 4points would put us on 70 with only another 18 or so probably needed for one of the automatic spots from our last 13 games that would leave us looking pretty good despite some very tricky fixtures[/quote]

No I believe we can beat anyone in this division comfortably at home. Winning the last 11 would also indicate this. I think 2 wins would also put us within about 20 points of promotion with 13 games remaining.

I guess I''d settle for 4pts out of 6 but there''s no particular reason why we can''t get two wins if we are properly up for it. There are better sides out there who we have beaten at home - Huddersfield, Millwall, Swindon to name but three.

Both sides are decent enough on their day, and IMO neither game will be particularly easy, but for me Saints are being built up somewhat whereas they are just 4pts off the relegation spots and would have only been 9th without their start of the season deduction...they will be tricky but are surely not unbeatable.

The boss will want 6, the players will want 6, why shouldn''t we? Surely the best approach to the remaining games is to hit the ground running. I understand the maths but I don''t think anyone at the club would take anything less than two wins so neither will I... not ahead of the games anyway. I''ll be philosophical if we only pick up a point against an in form S''ton on Saturday, but I wouldn''t take it now.So no ta.

We have won the last 11 games at home on the trot and are about to play two mid table teams so I certainly won''t settle for 4 points.

We cant win every game but don''t give up home points that easily, especially when we are the best team in this division.

How about the next four games? That will take us up to the period widely acknowledged as our hardest of the season - Huddersfield, Swindon and Leeds. We really need as many points as possible in the bag before then - I''m not saying we will lose those three games necessarily but there will be a bit less pressure on us going into them if we take twelve points from our next four (and three are at home). That will leave us on 78 points from 35 games and surely we will have a bigger cushion by then as I cannot see Leeds, Colchester, Charlton and Swindon winning every game also. Even if we then lost all three of the following games (which I don''t think we will but I think we will lose at least one), we''d still probably only be needing 12 points from our final 8 games to go up, if that.

All hypothetical I know, we can never tell what is going to happen and we can''t take anything for granted. But beat Southampton, Southend, Oldham and Yeovil and we are then in an extremely strong position.

Nope

Two wins. We are already as good as up so lkets do it in style and make it asd certain as soon as possible.

I have us down to have enough points for automatic spot by the time the ugly northern monkeys of leeds come down in March.

Six game will give us 82 points. That will be enough if we beat them.

We need to accept how much better we are than the others. They are regularly dropping points. Leeds will drop more points as the two games a week fixture crush impacts further on them.

Southampton were fairly recently being touted as the dark horses who would steal into the playoffs and maybe challenge US !

City are doing the one thing that wins games and wins trophys ..... grinding out results. Results against Walsall, Brentford, Hartlepool and Brighton have proved that. Any of which could have been a draw or maybe even a defeat.

This half of the fixtures will be harder. Teams will adapt to play against us and mostly set out to stop us playing (tightly man marking Hoolahan) so it''s always going to be harder to get those results as others have also found.

Check out the defeats suffered by Leeds and Charlton. Watch how often Colchester have been pegged back for a draw. It is not going to get easier for any them either.

Yep we have been letting the odd goal in recently and games are much tighter scorewise, but hey, we are quite a few points ahead of the rest and more importantly edging nearer and nearer to that imagined winning line of mid 80''s points total.

So, no accepting anything other than full steam ahead to promotion, the Div I title and me and a few thousand others pissed as handcarts dancing outside the City Hall as the open top bus fights it''s way through.

Speed the day !

Yes, I would. I would be delighted with 6 points, but on Saturday I fear that it might be a draw at best.

I hope that we can beat Sarthend comfortably.

i think normally 4 points from 6 is a great return. However if we drew against soton then southend would be a must win.

You can draw with rivals, leeds etc, as all you do is keep the point differential the same and another game gone... that isn''t so bad... but with these two teams I would expect 2 wins

Again we haven''t been playing great but hopefully with a full week of training and focus we should not fear soton and look forward to the southend game. Where we are full of confidence after beating Soton

So like many here I totally expect 6 points