Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

No to most Overseas investors

Fine if there is a genuine person out there who has cash to burn. But no to all the foreign pratts who have no interset in British clubs or their fans and tradition and worse still have no money of their own and have to borrow and put clubs at risk. Look at some fine examples at the moment, Liverpool, Man Utd[ fine clubs undermined by the investors, Portsmouth who could go pop and QPR who have more managers than i have hot dinners. I would prefer local people and some sensible business management of the club

Liverpool''s problems aren''t because of the yank owners its cos they have a fat Spanish tit in charge that has spent a lot of money on a load of crap. Its not just the owners who f it all up its the managers they think they can go sign anyone and waste alot of money, qpr have signed prem rejects they have no team spirit, look what O''Neil has done with Villa. And from that article on the main page it seems to me the yank has done a bit of research on us.

I personally think the way Randy Lerner has gone about his business at Aston Villa is to be commended. I would relish such an opportunity at Norwich City.

That said it is a double edged sword and whilst a Lerner would be great, we could quite easily get a Gillett/Hicks. Or even worse a faceless tosspot similar to Portsmouth!!!

What we have to consider is the gamble any more risky than going with what we have got?

I think you have to be wary of any investment unless they are a supporter with absolutely loads of cash (a lot richer than Fernandes.).

However at Liverpool, like someone said, it''s not the Yanks that have mae the club bad overnight, it is Benitez and who he has brought.  I know behind the scenes at Liverpool it is a little unsettled but that is because one of the two wants out because he can see that football is a bad business.  They are not in huge debt, they are just not happy.

Lerner at Villa is the perfect example and every body wants aYank like him but most of the time it dosn''t always happen.  These Yanks that supposedly want to buy us could either be Glazer''esce or Lerner''esce, you never know.

But I am always worried about investment as I always think that Delia will turn the best lot away and we will end up like Pompy!