In EDP Sport today, it says that Wenger may come in for a bid for Greeno. Doesn''t say what Worthy will say though.

Do you want to see him sold so we can get a couple of decent players in permanently? Or would you rather see him stay and we stick with the 1.2 million which is currently available?

This topic comes up time and time again, its getting boring now but i''ll provide you with the same answer i have always given. ready?

it all depends on how much arsenal will offer, because now after watching almunia against rosenbourg its inevitable that the phone call will arrive in january. if they offer anything less than 4mill then it shouldn''t even be considered, unless it involves a part exchange, which leads me on to my second point.

now a while back, sources of mine told me that arsenal were lining up a deal for greeno for cash plus bentley permanently and possibly another loan signing. back then i would have taken this deal but seeing bentley''s attitude and performances recently, i don''t think he''d want to stay, and i don''t think i''d want a player who doesn''t give a toss (at least crouch, cooper, hucks etc showed they cared last season when on loan). however, if the loan player was pennant or aliadiere then yes please!!!!

sorry its a bit long-winded, i think i''ve covered everything!  

I think I''d rather he stayed until the summer. Think he is a class act and has and will save us on more than one occasion from dropping points. Although we may be able to get £5m for him in Jan I don''t know if we''d be able to buy decent players with that to keep us up. Also what players are going to be attracted to a team in the bottom 3 come new year.

End of season when our fate is known it will be better to cash in on him and use the golden parachute money from the premiership to spend the summer looking to do a west brom and get back up if we get relegated that is. And if we stay up then we maybe don''t need to sell him as we''ll get another £25 and can sell Douglas or Ward instead.

I mean Gallacher, getting confused with the other scottish keeper.

Very disappointing that Bentley hasn''t lived to his potential, I wonder what Wenger thinks to it all as he raved about the guy. Hopefully he turns it on in the coming games.

I''m scared about the Chelsea game, I think they''re going to really do us some harm.

That may be a good deal KOL - depends who the other player is though - wouldnt fancy Cygan or Almunia or Lehman for example..

I read, admittedly from the dodgy rumours section of footballrumours.com, that Arsenal are going to offer Bentley+A.N.Other+£7 million for Green come January. Now I know that the source is not the most creditable in the world (understatement of the day!) but imagine what we could do with the money...

And I''d insist on Fabregas or Reyes as the other player!

>=17!

forget the £7m it will be the £1m + Bentley + a.n.other

thus the real issue is who the mystery man is-

-if it is Lehman - forget it - it would not help us at all. We already have plenty of cover there and need something more exciting ! - bad business take more money instead

- if it is an untried youngster the same applies.

- but if we get a player who is better than we currently have- yes indeed it is sound business. But will we? Who? (Henry!!!lol)

I doubt it! Little clubs tend to get shafted by the biggies. And I can just see us looking back in twelve months- Green England number 1- and thinking....

.....why did we let him go so cheap!

[quote]This topic comes up time and time again, its getting boring now but i''ll provide you with the same answer i have always given. ready? it all depends on how much arsenal will offer, because now after ...[/quote]

Bloody well said Francesco, BORING!!!!.

Time and time again new posters repeat old thread subjects, sometimes 3 a day.

No subject is allowed to develop on the boards because the damn newbies keep adding pointless threads like this one is!, at the expense of the really good threads.

The influx of new posters has IMO ruined these once superb boards, which are rapidly descending into very impolite bedlam.

Their are exceptions of  course, Normman Canary, Mr Whitman, Camberwick and Francesco are real assets to these boards. But in general, it''s becoming boring.

If I''ve hijacked this thread, then good for me, it deserve''s to to be hijacked!.

1st Wizard,

Have you tried the ''Popular Topics'' option in the top-right of the screen? That usually sorts the Helvegs from the Holts

Careful Wiz - you''ll be accused of being elitist soon!

What constitutes a non-boring post then? Is it based on originality (I can by into that), controversiality (ditto on occasions) or one for the original inner circle of the message board to swap banter/abuse (might also be perceived as boring for some others not worthy enough to be called super posters).

There''s a place for all at this table I think, and if you don''t like a thread then don''t read it or reply to it!

PS Sorry if this is boring and un-original or lacking in controversy by the way.

What about Bergkamp? He''s pretty much finished there, perhaps we could have him, do you think he would come?

yes Wizard those damn newbies cluttering up the board with boring topics when we could be talking about whether Doncaster is really satan or or or err, can''t think of anything else! Oh yeah, whether the board are all unambitious liars. Where do you get your inflated self regard from?

The Green story has gone on and on, and it will, boring or not. Get used to it and try not to be so patronising. This is a NCFC board and anyone has the right to participate.

I''m with wizz on this one.

Just what exactly is the point in repeating the same threads week in week out when you''re just gonna get the same reply every time. I''ve been visiting this message board for the last 2-3 years and it has become a lot more boring and repetitive in recent weeks. How about you all try to come up with some more refreshing and worthwhile threads that will keep us interested and put the speculation to one side, because as much as we like to, it ain''t gonna change what WILL happen at our beloved club!

Oh and a word of advice for any newbies, if ya wanna bring up the same old points again, then just go back to previous threads and reply to them, rather than waste more threads and posters'' time.

[quote]Careful Wiz - you''ll be accused of being elitist soon! What constitutes a non-boring post then? Is it based on originality (I can by into that), controversiality (ditto on occasions) or one for the o...[/quote]

''If you don''t like like a thread don''t read it''. Oh, great quote that. Someday''s Shorpshire Canary, that''s the whole main page gone! my friend.

If only they would just allow a thread to develop, but no, they keep adding one after another every day.

If that''s being an elitest, then yes, I am one I supppose. Although I prefer the word Snob!.

I will heed Mr Peter''s wise advice, and go where the good Helveg''s go!!.

[quote]I''m with wizz on this one. Just what exactly is the point in repeating the same threads week in week out when you''re just gonna get the same reply every time. I''ve been visiting this message board f...[/quote]

Hear hear Francesco ! 

I advise all posters old and new to just scroll through the previous few days topics to avoid repeating already well-chewed-over topics.

This Greeno topic has been going on now for weeks, we have all had our say and nothing new can be, or has been added, that''s what makes it boring or uninteresting when rekindled, not the offering of the poster Newbie or others.

[quote]yes Wizard those damn newbies cluttering up the board with boring topics when we could be talking about whether Doncaster is really satan or or or err, can''t think of anything else! Oh yeah, whether t...[/quote]

Shropshire!, spell it properly Wiz!.

SPat: Is Doomcaster really Satan?. Cor, where did to you hear that?. This is real news, and the Pink Un must be told at once!.

Of course I always knew he was really!.

Okay, I make sport with you sir. 

Do I have a high regard for myself?, why of course I do, no one else does!, and I deserve it!.

And just as this hijacked thread starts to get really interesting, you wait, they''ll go on to something new and ignore this one!.

Message for Peter: I see the old chestnut about newbies has arisen again - can I ask is it necessary for everybody to know if somebody is new or old and how many posts they have made and whether they are senior or junior posters.

Surely it is the content of the post and entitlement of the poster to express an opinion on the boards without the fear of intimidation from so called senior posters? Risking controversy, it could be that some of them have been on far too long. I do agree with Wiz, however, as I have commented before there is far too much repetition on the boards but realise that this is something difficult to control and your popular topics may well address this problem.

OTBC

I hate all this newbie-bashing. If people have something interesting to say it doesn''t matter how many posts they''ve made previously. So this topic about Greeno keeps coming up... ignore this thread then Wiz - you don''t have to post religiously to every thread on the board.Did anyone hear the rumour about Greeno going to Arsenal? I think I might start a thread about it....

Sorry wiZ!

Now I know where I''ve met you before (other than perchance at FCR that is).

Do you have a soapbox you take to Hyde park Corner on a Sunday? It''s clear you just like an arguement/debate or whatever you call it, and just for the sake of it.

My original quest for what makes an interesting post is now sated - controversy and arguement - hang the topic, as even this one appears to have become interesting to you now!!!

I''d like to add my view as a newbie on this forum. Being a long-standing member of several other internet forums I would say that every forum I subscribe to goes through a regular cycle of topics of interest. The motorcycling forums at this time of year can guarantee that there will be threads regarding winter riding, how to stay warm and how to stay upright. On the approach to summer they tend to focus more on summer plans, track days, ride outs and the like.

One other guarantee is that on every forum there is an old guard who post messages to the effect of "yeah, done that, talk about something new why don''t you" when this cycle occurs.

However, the internet is primarily a public place, which means that anyone can go anywhere and post pretty much anything on any forum. Even moderated forums (fora?) suffer from the repitition as no new poster wants to wade through thousands of messages when all they really want is to contribute to a public community of like-minded people. Yes, some people can annoy by posting constant "Yeah, I agree" messages without adding anything to the content but that''s the nature of the medium.

For an analogy, would you have a conversation in the pub with someone you''d just met and tell them to shut up because you''d covered the topic with someone different the previous week?

1st Wiz: If you really want a forum where the only new messages are those you approve of then I suggest you set up your own and require members to pay a subscription fee to post and where you moderate all the messages. Then you''ll have what you truly desire, a place where only your voice can be heard.

[quote]Sorry wiZ! Now I know where I''ve met you before (other than perchance at FCR that is). Do you have a soapbox you take to Hyde park Corner on a Sunday? It''s clear you just like an arguement/debate or...[/quote]

The only reason I find this topic mildly interesting now Shropshire Canary, is that its shifted from its original intentions!.

And that''s my point.

Drat it sir, you have seen me on my soapbox in Hyde Park, but don''t tell anyone! 

At the risk of becoming repetitive, I did a post on 21/11/04 referring to Green''s predicted signing by Arsenal. He has (allegedly) purchased a house in Herts and the transfer has been set up with us getting Pennant plus a cash deal. We must just wait and see.

OTBC

[quote]Shropshire!, spell it properly Wiz!. SPat : Is Doomcaster really Satan?. Cor, where did to you hear that?. This is real news, and the Pink Un must be told at once!. Of course I always knew he was ...[/quote]

"Okay, I make sport with you sir.

Do I have a high regard for myself?, why of course I do, no one else does!, and I deserve it!"

If you think you can handle it, feel free ;-)

Now, I agree that this topic has been done to death, however as has been mentioned, you could, a) not read this thread or b) you could set up your own Wiz thinks site where you moderate. I suggest that by slagging off newbies you put them off posting. I may not like what some say, but I want them to say it. How many posts someone has written is irrelevant to the validity of their statements. Why do you think that it is?

Good, I''m glad you don''t suffer from low self esteem. Please understand that you may have to earn the respect of others.

When I first started posting on here i got really pi$$ed with the senior posters who disregarded posts by new forum members. I posted a message having a go at them which may have been a little over the top but i feel it was justified with regard to some members on here.

Anyways, Everyone is a forum newbie at one stage and should not be critisised for posting a topic which has already been mentioned before. If they are new then chances are they have not read the original. Dont slate them for wanting to make their point or ask their question. Just lighten up for crying out loud.

If it is something you have already read just dont bother reading it again, or post a message directing them to the original thread.

[quote]I read, admittedly from the dodgy rumours section of footballrumours.com, that Arsenal are going to offer Bentley+A.N.Other+£7 million for Green come January. Now I know that the source is not the mos...[/quote]

hmmm, I quite like that Henry guy. I think he''s got potential.