Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Taxi for Keano

A glance at their last 5 or 6 games this season made me smile. if they''re not out of trouble by the end of March they will get relegated.

Shall we have one big party at the end of the season, or 2 separate ones?

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]A glance at their last 5 or 6 games this season made me smile. if they''re not out of trouble by the end of March they will get relegated. Shall we have one big party at the end of the season, or 2 separate ones?[/quote]

What a bizarre post - why would a Norwich fan say Taxi for Keano?  Surely we want him to stay?

Also - if theyre not out of trouble by the end of March they''ll be relegated?  How does that work?  Does the Championship season end in March? 

That said a party to celebrate the scums relegation sounds like a fantastic idea...

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]A glance at their last 5 or 6 games this season made me smile. if they''re not out of trouble by the end of March they will get relegated. Shall we have one big party at the end of the season, or 2 separate ones?[/quote]

What a bizarre post - why would a Norwich fan say Taxi for Keano?  Surely we want him to stay?

Also - if theyre not out of trouble by the end of March they''ll be relegated?  How does that work?  Does the Championship season end in March? 

That said a party to celebrate the scums relegation sounds like a fantastic idea...

[/quote]

Agreed, let him stay and finish the job.

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

Have a look at their last 6 fixtures and see if you can see where the points will come from. Having seen the games left to play, I think they will get relegated if they haven''t got some points in the bag by then.

I take your point about Roy Keane - I just can''t help laughing after all the fuss they made about appointing him. Some of them even bought a season ticket

[/quote]

22 Ipswich 30 4 9 2 17 16 2 6 7 18 28 -9 33

23 Plymouth 30 4 3 8 14 18 4 1 10 14 24 -14 28

24 Peterborough 32 5 5 6 27 27 0 4 12 9 28 -19 24

hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhaahahhaha HA

I think we should all chip in a fiver each to rent a mobile hording and loud speaker van to tour Ipswich announcing our season ticket prices for next season in the Championship (assuming we go up). We could invite disillusioned and disloyal binners to come over into the light.

They could always get George Burley back - after his resounding successes in charge of Derby, Hearts, Southampton and Scotland he looks ideal to continue the good work started by Keane.

[quote user="Making Plans"]They could always get George Burley back - after his resounding successes in charge of Derby, Hearts, Southampton and Scotland he looks ideal to continue the good work started by Keane.[/quote]

Marcus Evens has big plans for Portaloo road, he wants to turn it into a supermarket, it would be easier to do when the fans desert them when they are in league 1, then he pulls the plug on them,If they can''t be bothered to support them neither is he. but that is his big plan to keep Keano, He will be the head of security on the shop floor    

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Making Plans"]They could always get George Burley back - after his resounding successes in charge of Derby, Hearts, Southampton and Scotland he looks ideal to continue the good work started by Keane.[/quote]

Marcus Evens has big plans for Portaloo road, he wants to turn it into a supermarket, it would be easier to do when the fans desert them when they are in league 1, then he pulls the plug on them,If they can''t be bothered to support them neither is he. but that is his big plan to keep Keano, He will be the head of security on the shop floor    

[/quote]

He''ll have to buy it back from the Ipswich Town Council first.

[quote user="Alf Tupper"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

He''ll have to buy it back from the Ipswich Town Council first.

[/quote]

Well I don''t know, Some people

Can we come to the party? Even if we don''t go up with you Ipswich being relegated will still make it a great season....Can''t wait to see Keane standing on the touchline when the final whistle goes on the last day and they go down,i would love it,absolutely LOVE it to see them go down......

[quote user="cufcone"]Can we come to the party? Even if we don''t go up with you Ipswich being relegated will still make it a great season....Can''t wait to see Keane standing on the touchline when the final whistle goes on the last day and they go down,i would love it,absolutely LOVE it to see them go down......[/quote]

only if you leave Mr Cowling behind, but I think Keano will be gone before that happens  

[quote user="pete_norw"]

Marcus Evens has big plans for Portaloo road, he wants to turn it into a supermarket   

[/quote]

Poundland or 99p Stores

hearts were top of the league and 10 points clear whern Burley got forced out.....

I think Keane will jump ship before they go down.. wont want that on his CV so he can hoodwink some other gullible mug of a chairman into giving him a job elsewhere.

Unfortunately I can only see the poor old paupers sliding further. The ''angry dog walker'' has been forced to cut his squad, with any new additions having to be funded by the loaning out of more his players.

There is NO building a squad for a promotion push, no tens of millions of investment (binvestment ?) merely some shadey spiv filling his boots through a sordid tax loss scheme.

City fans were told that we would receive and extra £2.75m if we get to the Championship - so we can presume that our impoverished neighbours will loose the same amount if the are relegated. Then add on the likely loss of a few thousand season ticket sales and in ain''t looking good for the suffolk simpletons.

If the ticket tout ain''t going to put his hand in his pocket to keep the ''mockneys'' in the Championship then where''s the suggestion that he will stump up some dosh to get them out of Div 1. A much harder job to get promotion than it is too avoid relegation I would add.

Given they made a loss of £10m last tax year are we to assume that they are going to do the same this year ? If not, it will mean a £1m cut for each £1m less on the annual loss. Any wonder their squad is paper thin and full of other club''s unwanted rejects.

So if they declare a £5m loss this year it means they have cut £5m expenditure ... ouch !

If that seems bad then try to come up with some idea of how they are going to start repaying that £40m or so debt cos they are about as near to getting promotion to the Premiership as they are to playing that other game against Lazio (nice bit of business that Mr Sheepshanks).

Is the extra £2.75m based on the fact that 2 of the relagtaed clubs (Newcastle and West Brom) are likely to go back up again?  I know that if a relagated club goes straight back up, their parachute payment in the 2nd year is spread between all the clubs in the Championship.  Perhaps this is in addition to the £2.75m, in which case we would be in for a windfall if we do get promoted this year and Newcastle and West Brom go up (fingers crossed for Middlesboro'' via the playoffs which would bump the bonus up even more)

What''s all this about an Ipswich game against Lazio - please enlighten me.

Suggestion on TWTD is that Curbishley will take over from Keane.  He has just reached agreement with West Ham regarding his pay off and is free to work again.  He bought a house in Woodbridge last year and the Binners have put 2 and 2 together.... 

[quote user="City1st"]Unfortunately I can only see the poor old paupers sliding further. The ''angry dog walker'' has been forced to cut his squad, with any new additions having to be funded by the loaning out of more his players.

There is NO building a squad for a promotion push, no tens of millions of investment (binvestment ?) merely some shadey spiv filling his boots through a sordid tax loss scheme.

City fans were told that we would receive and extra £2.75m if we get to the Championship - so we can presume that our impoverished neighbours will loose the same amount if the are relegated. Then add on the likely loss of a few thousand season ticket sales and in ain''t looking good for the suffolk simpletons.

If the ticket tout ain''t going to put his hand in his pocket to keep the ''mockneys'' in the Championship then where''s the suggestion that he will stump up some dosh to get them out of Div 1. A much harder job to get promotion than it is too avoid relegation I would add.

Given they made a loss of £10m last tax year are we to assume that they are going to do the same this year ? If not, it will mean a £1m cut for each £1m less on the annual loss. Any wonder their squad is paper thin and full of other club''s unwanted rejects.

So if they declare a £5m loss this year it means they have cut £5m expenditure ... ouch !

If that seems bad then try to come up with some idea of how they are going to start repaying that £40m or so debt cos they are about as near to getting promotion to the Premiership as they are to playing that other game against Lazio (nice bit of business that Mr Sheepshanks).[/quote]Quality post my friend [Y]Would you object to me making the text in bold my signature?

As a tax loss scheme it isn''t great.  Evans will only get 30% back of the money that ITFC lose on an annual basis.  His big problem is that ITFC doesn''t have any assets (Portman Road is owned by the Council) so if they do go t*ts up, he won''t get his loan back.

I can only assume that his plan was to buy the Norwich Union loan at a big discount and pay it back to himself on promotion to the Premier League out of the Sky money. 

Portman Road is no use to him without a football club - the council let ITFC use the land rent free on the understanding that football is played there (the same as Kings Lynn).

Ooops.

promo ct - by all means use it, would appreciate author being mentioned after ( just need to spelly ''shadey'' correctly) otherwise usual royalties

baddog - not quite sure what your point is. My comment about what City will receive in the Championship was not made to open a debate bout what will will get merely as a means to highlight what the paupers will lose when they get relegated.

As to the Lazio remark - "Ipswich manager Joe Royle said he was prepared to let Sereni, who spent last season on loan at Brescia, leave because he was unhappy at Portman Road."

"Ipswich Town will receive an undisclosed fee and a 50 percent sell-on clause and Lazio will play two friendlies in Suffolk to complete the payment"

After many years Lazio finally turned up for one game. There was no sell on as Sereni signed for Torino for free in 2007. No fee was paid by Lazio either.

Unfortunately the ever incompetent Sheepshanks (is that another jolly old bonus thingy, what) had to hand over a number of players for free when they

could not keep up with the payments - much as they are doing again now.

Can''t see anyone else of any ability being interested in becoming manager at poorman rd. They weren''t exactly beating the door down last time when the club could only afford ''mad jig''. Keane took over as much as through the limited knowledge of Clegg as he did in his desperation to get back into football.

Joining a club that had little money and enormous debts was always going to be a danger. How far they will sink is open to speculation.

Unlike City there''s not much in the way of assets and not much in the way of goodwill amongst the local business community either - hence the spiv having to stick his name everywhere as no one else will. So the likelihood is that they will drift around mid table in Div 1 for a while.

How sad

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

As a tax loss scheme it isn''t great.  Evans will only get 30% back of the money that ITFC lose on an annual basis.  His big problem is that ITFC doesn''t have any assets (Portman Road is owned by the Council) so if they do go t*ts up, he won''t get his loan back.

I can only assume that his plan was to buy the Norwich Union loan at a big discount and pay it back to himself on promotion to the Premier League out of the Sky money. 

Portman Road is no use to him without a football club - the council let ITFC use the land rent free on the understanding that football is played there (the same as Kings Lynn).

Ooops.

[/quote]If he invested via shares he will receive no tax deduction until such time as he realises the capital loss on the shares, a deduction against total earnings would only be available if he purchased as a sole trader or through a partnership. Even then he would have to run the Scum as a commercial enterprise otherwisesideways loss relief would be denied.He would have to be a real dumbass to by the scum as a ''tax dodge''.Probably just an idiot binner with too much money made through the arm''s trade!

Dont really see how you can say Evans has not invested in the team , this season Keane has bought Priskin for £1.7 million , Leadbitter and Edwards for around £2.7 million Lee Martin for a reported £2 million and then theres the loans they have got in .To me that looks like pretty good investment in a Championship side that had finished not far off the play offs last season , where Evans went wrong was appointing a crap manager . Hoping they go down but in reality theres not many points between the whole of the bottom half of the Championship this season.

"Dont really see how you can say Evans has not invested in the team"

I never said that. I said "no tens of millions of investment"

this season Keane has bought Priskin for £1.7 million , Leadbitter and Edwards for around £2.7 million Lee Martin for a reported £2 million

No. Those are the figures guessed at. Official word is undisclosed. Perhaps you might care to ask yourself why is that. Or perhaps comment on the £6m quoted for the transfer fee of Richard Wright which turned out to be £2m. I would take any figures with a very large pinch of salt. They are usually no more than the sum total of what might be possibly paid including the TOTAL wage costs which are often spread out over three years,

"and then theres the loans they have got in."

Funded by the loaning out of Priskin, Bruce and Stead. They have also loaned out Trotter, Smith, Healey and Lisbie. No mention I see of those earlier transfers being funded by the sales of Haynes, Rhodes and Shumulikoski.

Clegg has stated that the squad is too big, Keane has said they do not have the funds for players and Clegg has also added that they need to make furthercuts in the clubs budget.

They have rarely been out of the bottom three all season and you bleat about investment in the team.

The spiv is offsetting losses made by the club against tax liability elsewhere. That''s why he''s charging interest. which is being unpaid hence a loss, on the full amount of the debt to Norwich Union (as was) and not the amount he paid for it.

He has the use of the club''s corporate facilities and Mr Clegg who advises on Olympic packages, all charged up to the poor old binners.

He is not going to sell up or go. It is too profitable as it is - and that profit is not going to be reduced by handing over cash to fulfill the dreams of a few rural simpletons.