Sign in to follow this  
back of the net

WHAT A NIGHT !

I agree with all of the above apart from the fact MY night would have been complete with a cuddle from the missus.....Still, can''t have it all can I?

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Disappointing result in Milan but agree with the rest[/quote]

An English team wins at the San Siro, how can that be described as a ''disappointing result''

Man Utd or not any win for an English side in a European competition must surely be congratulated?

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Disappointing result in Milan but agree with the rest[/quote]

An English team wins at the San Siro, how can that be described as a ''disappointing result''

Man Utd or not any win for an English side in a European competition must surely be congratulated?

[/quote]But it''s Man Utd for God''s sake !!

Yeh great night and i saw the goals, how did the keeper not save McSheffrey''s shot!!!! But still a fantastic result with monday nights as well

One of the greater joys of football away from Carrow Road is seeing Manchester United getting beaten and knowing the howls of anguish that will emanate  from amongst the arrogant glory hunting plastic fans

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote]

Seems like you''re in the minority. Champions league is a club competition and my club is NCFC.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote]

Seems like you''re in the minority. Champions league is a club competition and my club is NCFC.

[/quote]I''m with NL, always back the English clubs in Europe, despite whatever animosity i feel toward them in a domestic sense (though i admit with Ipswich that would be strained somewhat). And with us travelling to the World Cup this year, and having one of our first team strikers in Wayne Rooney going on to score another 2 goals against AC Milan at the San Siro surely can only be taken as a positive note when it comes to our title hopes?

Leaving aside my particular hatred of Man Utd PLC and all they and their plastic, glory hunting fans stand for, I will never cheer for another English club in the ludicrous ''Champions League''.

All this ridiculous competition does is widen the gap between the have''s and have not''s so why on earth would I cheer them on to greater riches, greater success, yet more armchair ''fans'' and an even less competitive domestic league than the already boring one they dominate at the present.

As for Rooney, Lampard, Terry, Cole, Gerrard etc and England. I really couldn''t give a monkey''s.

I don''t get cheering on other English teams in Europe. Especially cheating, whining Man Utd. After all it wasn''t so long ago that we would be hurling abuse across the Barclay fence at each other.

[quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user="Hairy Canary"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m with NL, always back the English clubs in Europe, despite whatever animosity i feel toward them in a domestic sense (though i admit with Ipswich that would be strained somewhat).

And with us travelling to the World Cup this year, and having one of our first team strikers in Wayne Rooney going on to score another 2 goals against AC Milan at the San Siro surely can only be taken as a positive note when it comes to our title hopes?
[/quote]

I can see where you''re coming from but surely you are mixing up a club competition with a national one. I''ll be rooting for England as much as anyone but I cant see how that fits in with club competitions.

If you imagine the fantastic idea of NCFC playing in the Champions League, are you really saying that you would expect or want Ipswich fans supporting us? Cant see it mayself. That would be our glory day and nothing to do with any other clubs. 

[quote user="gary "]shame about Man utd , but agree on the rest[/quote]

Agreed, I would have rather seen AC.Milan Win, but there is still the 2nd leg!

english teams in Europe , cannot understand why any other club would "support " them - I find it funny when they lose - look at Liverpool , they thought that they would wipe the floor with the Romanians last night - conveniently forgetting that these were the champions and who had a decent champions League campaign in a difficult group - it is the arrogance that does it - why is Porto beating Arsenal a shock - Porto are a decent side , why are Man Utd favourites - I hope they all lose ASAP