Sign in to follow this  
Jarroldstander

Fraser Forster is a generous man!

Today i was collecting money in Morrison''s for my London Marathon run in aid of Break. Fraser Forster popped in for some shopping and passed my collection, when he realised he had no change left he went for the notes and gave me £10! Very generous as he could easily have walked passed. I did tell him he was a legend!

Just wanted to say thankyou to Fraser and also to every single person who gave some money and helped me and my friend raise over £375!

Seems like a top chap. Saw him give his training top to a kid in the stand the other week too as the ball hit the kid and made him cry.

More importantly though, well done to you mate! I did a half marathon a couple of years ago and have done some triathlons but there is no way I could ever see myself do a full marathon. People see so many people taking part and seem to presume that with a bit of training it''s easy.. I don''t think it is, so well done!

To be fair he earns 10 X more than most people in there anyway. Should have at least chucked in £200

If he earns 10x more than everyone else then he should be 10x as generous according to your theory... which means that if he should chuck in £200 then eveyone else who earns 10x less should chuck in £20...I''d imagine most people chucked in a £1 at most.. so being as £10 is 10x £1 he''s spot on... to your theory of course.

Cheers AndyWhyteUK! Like you say its not easy. As i want to run every single mile and complete it as close to 4 hours as i can. I train 3 times a week often running on the streets on very cold/wet evenings on my own as well as entering numerous practice races leading up to the big day.

The moment someone pops some money in my collection bucket it all becomes worth while! :)

[quote user="Lord Archibald of Henville "]To be fair he earns 10 X more than most people in there anyway. Should have at least chucked in £200[/quote]The guy probably doesn''t earn a lot in Football money, he''s probably not on any more than 100k a year, which admittedly isn''t too shabby, but isn''t 10 times more than average either.

Definately, do you have a target? I did a triathlon last year to raise money for Cancer Research UK.. having a target and knowing that I had to do the people that sponsored me proud really spurred me on and in training!There''s a Youtube vid of it somewhere too [:P]

together with my friend who is also doing it we have the target of £3000. Its going to be a real challenge to raise the money. We have another day in Morrisons lined up for April plus the council have granted me a licence to collect money in the pubs/bars of Norwich for one night. Planning on dressing up as the 118 guys and visiting as many places as possible!

[quote user="AndyWhyteUK"]If he earns 10x more than everyone else then he should be 10x as generous according to your theory... which means that if he should chuck in £200 then eveyone else who earns 10x less should chuck in £20...

I''d imagine most people chucked in a £1 at most.. so being as £10 is 10x £1 he''s spot on... to your theory of course.
[/quote]

haha keep your t i ts on

[quote user="Jarroldstander"]together with my friend who is also doing it we have the target of £3000. Its going to be a real challenge to raise the money. We have another day in Morrisons lined up for April plus the council have granted me a licence to collect money in the pubs/bars of Norwich for one night. Planning on dressing up as the 118 guys and visiting as many places as possible![/quote]Best of luck.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Jarroldstander"]together with my friend who is also doing it we have the target of £3000. Its going to be a real challenge to raise the money. We have another day in Morrisons lined up for April plus the council have granted me a licence to collect money in the pubs/bars of Norwich for one night. Planning on dressing up as the 118 guys and visiting as many places as possible![/quote]
Best of luck.
[/quote]

Mr Bump you are also a legend.  Thankyou for your donation, it is really appreciated especially being from someone i''ve never met.  Thank you!