Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

The Good Luck Jamie thread.

Shrewsbury Town have today announced that new signs will be put up in seated areas behind the goals. (and corner flags):

Thanks Jamie.

It is the end of an era as the last link with the 90''s moves on.

I cannot argue that with hindsight Roeder had it right when he moved Jamie out a year ago.   Let us not forget that in his first season here Grant/Roeder, he was reasonably successful in a failing side scoring some good goals.   Age caught up with him of course but do not underestimate the difficulties for any striker playing in a team as poor as we were last season nor the corrosive effects on confidence of a lean spell in an inept team.

To those who criticise him for not walking away earlier, I continue to say thet are unrealistic.  City gave Curton a contract.  No one forced or tricked City into it.  With hindsight it was a mistake but that is not Jamie''s fault.   No one posting on this board would leave a well paid job because he or she thought that it was not deserved. 

I am sorry it did not work out and sorry that Jamie gets the total blame for everything.   Of course he made mistakes.  Which player does not.   I saw a player who tried hard in a failing team and lost confidence and speed and ability as time went on but who never lost enthusiasm or commitment.  I saw a player who tried his best.  Unhappily, his best is no longer near good enough.

Scored a goal for the Shrew''s reserves already. Not good enough for Norwich anymore, shame we missed out on his best years. 

Good luck, Jamie lad shame NCFC didn''t work for you but we all appreciate the commitment, effort and passion for the club. You tried too hard at times, which was probably your unlikely downfall. Cheers JC!

What a load of crap. Thank him for what? Being one of the high earners here and doing sod all? Sorry but im glad we got shot of him long overdue, City fans owe him nothing.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Shrewsbury''s game is live on Sky on Monday night, think I''ll give it a go now.[/quote]

After realising in training he can''t hit a cows arse with a banjo he''ll do well to make the bench.

Farewell then, Jamie Lad,

Wiz said you weren''t that bad,

Indeed you are a good fellow,

For you dyed your hair yellow,

Let''s hope that as a Shrew

You play like you did at Col Who,

And not like you did for us,

When you couldn''t hit a bus

At two paces

Luv Will Shakespeare

Actually, your hair was green,

But you know what I mean,

Your heart was in the right place,

Unlike your shooting.

[quote user="dpit"]Actually, your hair was green, But you know what I mean, Your heart was in the right place, Unlike your shooting.[/quote]

Superb. [Y]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Havent we had several "Good luck Jamie" threads from you now Wiz??? Whats the obsession with this young man?[/quote]

I just like him.

And there will be more when he starts scoring again![;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Havent we had several "Good luck Jamie" threads from you now Wiz??? Whats the obsession with this young man?[/quote]

I just like him.

And there will be more when he starts scoring again![;)]

[/quote]Obviously in the "other football" forum, as it will have nothing to do with Norwich city.[:)]

Good luck to Jamie, hopefully his scoring touch will return with regular first-team appearances. Those having a go should take a look at themselves; he always gave it his all and you can''t argue with over 200 career goals, even if only 20-odd were for Norwich.

[quote user="mkwuk"]Good luck to Jamie, hopefully his scoring touch will return with regular first-team appearances. Those having a go should take a look at themselves; he always gave it his all and you can''t argue with over 200 career goals, even if only 20-odd were for Norwich.[/quote]Lol, I wouldn''t even start the "How much value for money did Jamie Cureton give Norwich city" argument if I were you.

Jamie cureton whinged like hell int he paper abotu the fact he was behnd Holt, Super Chris and 2 former non league strikers...

he can sod off... he should have taken a leaf out of Simon Lappins book.. shut up and got his head down and worked.

I for one wish Jamie all the best, to me he was unlucky not to be with us at the peak of his career.

But he always gave 100% and he was a great character to have around the place.

I always loved it when the club said "do not talk to the press about this" days later we would get a Curo statement...great...how it should be.

I think age has caught up with him and he can have few complaints re- Lambert and our last few managers have not used him either so all the best Jamie.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Jamie cureton whinged like hell int he paper abotu the fact he was behnd Holt, Super Chris and 2 former non league strikers...

he can sod off... he should have taken a leaf out of Simon Lappins book.. shut up and got his head down and worked.

[/quote]

Exactly! It''s his own fault he wasn''t playing so he should just keep quiet rather than making a fool out of himself. I vividly remember one of his last performances for us was a 5-10 minute cameo in a narrow victory at Carrow Road. An exhausted Holt was chasing everything down as he had done for 80 minutes. Meanwhile, the ''fresh-legged'' Jamie Cureton trotted around showing little interest and letting his strike partner do the heavy work. After that display of utter laziness, it''s no wonder he rarely (or perhaps even never) played for us again.

Without meaning to sound too harsh, Jamie''s departure is the removal of one further reminder of how far we had fallen. Hopefully from here on in we can more astute, and bring in people who can take us to better places, rather than League One.

I think his parting shot is a bit childish to be honest. Not sure what he was expecting really. We''re the top scorers in the entire football league and we have two of the divisions individual top scorers and the substitute strikers have chipped in with goals as well so for him to suggest he should''ve played ahead of them when he had the chances before and failed to take them is churlish in the extreme. No point being sentimental about a player who has flattered to deceive in both of his spells with the club IMO.

It''s less about the inability to hit the target, more that as a 34 year old footballer, he had still not worked out the offside rule.