Sign in to follow this  
Dr Terrible

Fernades Made offer To Buy The Club - Delia Refused

I have it on good authority that the formula 1 millionare made a decent genuine offer to buy the club, but Delia and Michael turned him down as they still dont want to sell.

Its happenig again, they are seeking investment, not looking to sell.

Will this prove costly next season? The whole Peter Cullum affair did.

This is obviously bollocks, but it''s clear she wouldn''t want to sell at this stage...who would? A Championship club is going to be worth more than a League One club and it looks certain we will be Champ next season...??

[quote user="Dr Terrible"]I have it on good authority that the formula 1 millionare made a decent genuine offer to buy the club, but Delia and Michael turned him down as they still dont want to sell. Its happenig again, they are seeking investment, not looking to sell. Will this prove costly next season? The whole Peter Cullum affair did.[/quote]i have it on good authority you are telling porkies[|-)]

[quote user="Marlingford Canary"]Wow!!! A bit of success in the 3rd division and Delia has won her flock back.[/quote]

Dont take long does it, who is at fault for us being in Div 3 in the first place, Er, let me think................

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[quote user="Marlingford Canary"]Wow!!! A bit of success in the 3rd division and Delia has won her flock back.[/quote]

Dont take long does it, who is at fault for us being in Div 3 in the first place, Er, let me think................

[/quote]The players? The Managers? The Fans? The tea lady? [:S]

[quote user="Dr Terrible"]I have it on good authority that the formula 1 millionare made a decent genuine offer to buy the club, but Delia and Michael turned him down as they still dont want to sell.

Its happenig again, they are seeking investment, not looking to sell.

Will this prove costly next season? The whole Peter Cullum affair did.[/quote]I have it on "good authority" that this is a pile of Muscat. [;)]

Might help the OP''s credibility a touch if he or she could spell the supposed would-be investor''s name correctly. But then since Stephan Phillips (a director of a media company) got it wrong twice today in his webchat on the official site then perhaps that''s forgiveable.Whether Phillips getting it wrong is likely to endear NCFC to Fernandes is another matter...

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]I''m all for slagging off Delia but I am not going to start because of rumours that quite frankly arent worth the 30 seconds i wasted reading them.
[/quote]

How many times did you have to read it before you were certain that it was just a rumour ? Smile [:)]

I rather think that, if he (or anyone) made a good offer to the club and Delia "refused", then a certain Chief Executive might have something to say about it that wouldn''t, one way or the other, stay private for long!

Move on, nothing to see here.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]I rather think that, if he (or anyone) made a good offer to the club and Delia "refused", then a certain Chief Executive might have something to say about it that wouldn''t, one way or the other, stay private for long!

Move on, nothing to see here.[/quote]Exactly... also, given that he''s a self-confessed Wet Sham fan and has said publicly that he''d be looking to invest, make a quick buck and then bugger off, I wouldn''t blame anyone for turning him away.  Some people are just blinded by cash.  I''d love Delia to sell up as much as the next guy, but only when its best for the club, not to the first (or second, allegedly) person who comes along waving a wad of notes.

The numbers appear to be dwindling for those that love to tie their names to the theories that a) the current owners have no interest in selling and b) other wealthy individuals like Cullum ( now Fernandes on this thread ) are lovely rich benefactors just waiting in the wings to do all kinds of wonderful things for NCFC out of the goodness of their hearts.

Where are all the old diehard critics? Are they beginning to recognise, at long last, that their ill-conceived thought processes were on the wrong track all along? Of course, posters like Arthur will hang in there as long as he''s got a pint in hand.

Anyone who''s still in the neutral camp looking for clues as to what the realities are with respect to being "rescued" by wealthy benefactors need look no further than our rivals 40 miles to the south. It has not quite materialised the way many of their fans imagined, has it? Portsmouth, as perhaps the worst example, is not a path that anyone would wish to pursue. No doubt to reject the thoughts of posters like me this years success story will undoubtedly be Sullivan and Gold''s acqisition of West Ham. Of course, the hope is always more positive on the tree that promises to bear fruit.

Football fans are usually critics of those that own their clubs. Nothing new there. However, I sense the winds of reality are starting to sink in for more than a few who previously were convinced that the departure of the current owners would result in a wonderful new owner with money dropping out of their pocket for all aspirations.

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]I''m all for slagging off Delia but I am not going to start because of rumours that quite frankly arent worth the 30 seconds i wasted reading them.
[/quote]

Include me in that CT.

This might be of interest. It is a blog co-written by the man I gather has been named by Archant as the agent who approached the club over possible investment:http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/blog.php?b=7563

I see you have changed your mind yet again Wiz.

And yes yakee i will carry on while ive still got a pint in my hand, as people are forgetting that although we are doing superbly at the moment. it is the 3rd division, and the buck stops at the top, Delia and co gut us into this league.

Intresting to read we are being touted to yankee business people. What do you lot make of that???

Even someone foolish enough to invest in F1 would be smart enough to visit Carrow Road before offering to buy the place. As Fernandes himself said he had never been, I think we can file this one in the "wind-up/anti-Delia" file.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I see you have changed your mind yet again Wiz.

And yes yakee i will carry on while ive still got a pint in my hand, as people are forgetting that although we are doing superbly at the moment. it is the 3rd division, and the buck stops at the top, Delia and co gut us into this league.

Intresting to read we are being touted to yankee business people. What do you lot make of that???[/quote]I think its more Arthur that this is quite obviously BS. Any offer for the club the shareholders would need to be notified anyway.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Were the shareholders notified about PCs offer King Canary?[/quote]Was there ever actually an offer, or was that just rumour too?

Does anybody else find it a bit rich that Wiz and CT are saying that they don''t want to waste their time with rumours? [:P]http://www.canaries.co.uk/javaImages/47/35/0,,10355~5977415,00.jpg

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Were the shareholders notified about PCs offer King Canary?[/quote]Cullum outlined an informal proposal. He never made a formal offer. Only the latter would have needed to be passed on to shareholders.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Chinny reckon.[/quote]

[:D] Haven''t heard that in years! You have to add a "Jimmy Hill" beard scratch!