Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Cureton annoys me

Read an article on the BBC website. He says "There were a few people at Norwich who doubted me who I need to prove wrong".

Well the reason people doubt you is because for the most part, in recent times, you couldn''t hit a barn door. I remember watching him last season and every chance he had, he messed up.

Never been a huge fan of Jamie. Average footballer who has had two or three decent seasons, and despite his popularity, has not really done it for us on a real consistent basis.

The real shame where Cureton is concerned is that we only saw him in a Norwich shirt at the very beginning and the end of his career, his best years were in between for other clubs.

I blame Mike Walker for not having the patience with him and getting rid of someone who would have scored a hatful of goals for us throughout those years.

Could of proved us "doubters" wrong in the many years he''s been here, with the many chances he''s had.... And to think we spent 750K as well as about 8K a week for him to repeatedly screw up those oppertunities, and as a consequence, play a considerable part in the yearly slide to our eventual relegation...... Annoys me too to be honest.

Yeah, i mean he''s 34 now so his chance to prove people wrong has long since passed. It was Grant''s short sighted nature that led him to pay Colchester 750k for Jamie. Bad decision.

8k a week. Didn''t know that. Crazy. So thats how he gets to drive around in that car. He was one of the players i saw the day after we were relegated to league one standing in the car park laughing his head off. Left a bitter taste to see him stand in front of his expensive car laughing, whilst the fans were in a fans forum expressing their anger to the board and management team.

Cureton had plenty of chances last season and didn''t take them - rather he missed them and had he scored about 5-7 more goals from the hatful of chances he missed then we could of stayed up!

This season we''ve got the most potent free scoring strike force in our Division so Cureton wasn''t going to get in front of messrs Grant and Martin!

Rather disapointed by his comments which stank of sour grapes!

If Cureton was being realistic he''d see that Lambert has been correct - like he is most of the time anyway!

£8k per week sitting on his a*se isn''t exactly Dante''s vision of hell is it?

Agreed Wiz, I think hes lost a lot of fans respect by hitting out at the club. Even yours which says a lot. Why did he feel the need to say it? Why couldnt he have just wished us all the best for the season and thanked the fans for their support rather than a bitter rant?

That did it for me. A total tool. I''ve watched him not chase down balls, stand out of position, miss sitters and generally fail to impress. I suspect the next we will see of him will be in a green blazer showing people around the trophy cabinet in 10 years time. Simply not good enough. Shrewsbury might be his level with all due respect to them.

Agreed. Nothing against him at all but he hasn''t done himself any favours with the "world is against me" attitude.

It must be hard at his stage in his career but he has to accept his playing days are drawing to a close. Even if he scores a hatful for the Shrews it won''t prove much to us. We know he has been a genuine goalscorer and will still score goals at the right level. Maybe at this level if he''d gone to Gillingham or somewhere (which he should have done), but the fact is, he''s well on the way out and needs to accept it.

Whos fault is it that people didnt believe in him? Was it the fans who made him miss sitters? Was it the board who told him not to chase balls? Was it the manager who told him not bother scoring today? Was it the tea lady who told him to stay in offside positions? Absoloutly pathetic, good riddence to an over the hill journeyman.

Since Dean Coney left I can''t ever remember a striker missing as many sitters for us as Cureton did last season, never really have rated him anyway and we should never have resigned him especially at 800k. It''s no wonder our club has got in such a mess.