Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Canary

parking info at Thetford , please help

not impressed with the trains, in addition to buses from Peterborough to Norwich, there is now buses between Doncaster and Selby . Was meant to be driving,so no early bird train ticket so £72 for the wonderful 4 1/2 hour train journey 75% of which is a bus. To be fair this used to be everyweek a few years back so it''ll be like the good old days! (Hoping for a better score line though)

Ill be waiting for the surprise by the train staff when the coaches get stuck in traffic after the game and people miss connections. They seem to struggle with the idea that people may want to travel by train to a football game.

[quote user="CK"]not impressed with the trains, in addition to buses from Peterborough to Norwich, there is now buses between Doncaster and Selby . Was meant to be driving,so no early bird train ticket so £72 for the wonderful 4 1/2 hour train journey 75% of which is a bus. To be fair this used to be everyweek a few years back so it''ll be like the good old days! (Hoping for a better score line though) Ill be waiting for the surprise by the train staff when the coaches get stuck in traffic after the game and people miss connections. They seem to struggle with the idea that people may want to travel by train to a football game.[/quote]For once we''ve got a direct train from Liverpool St. this weekend!  Will be a nightmare getting out of the city, buses to Lowestoft, Thetford and Peterborough, plus all the extra people in cars who would normally be on the train!  You should head down via London when it''s this bad, probably wouldn''t take any longer or cost that much more.

[quote user="Kidderminster Canary"]

for reasons I won,t go into I will need to travel from thetford  to tomorrows game, it is almost 40 years since I was on Thetford Station, what is the parking like on a saturday ?

Any help apreciated

[/quote] I''m sure there was something interesting in the post but for some reason i couldn''t get past the avatar!

[quote user="JF"][quote user="Kidderminster Canary"]

for reasons I won,t go into I will need to travel from thetford  to tomorrows game, it is almost 40 years since I was on Thetford Station, what is the parking like on a saturday ?

Any help apreciated

[/quote] I''m sure there was something interesting in the post but for some reason i couldn''t get past the avatar![/quote]

I know what you mean she''ll have someone''s eye out![:$]

[quote user="Pi$$ed As A Mattress"]You will need help if you park in Thetford. It is a dirty hole where you are more than likely to lose your wheels. I would rather park in Kabul, much safer

A huge exaggeration I think!

Yes Thetford has its problems but then again so does every town of a similar size!

Thetford isn''t that bad!

[quote user="Kidderminster Canary"]Thank you all for your help, I will be in the snakepit tomorrow with my sister in law, she could be the girl in my aviater, then again perhaps not[/quote]

You could always leave your car on the A11 single-carridgeway through Elveden Forest, that''s like a car park at times!

I hope your brother doesn''t mind you putting a picture of his wifes bazookas on this message board lol

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[quote user="Kidderminster Canary"]Thank you all for your help, I will be in the snakepit tomorrow with my sister in law, she could be the girl in my aviater, then again perhaps not[/quote]

You could always leave your car on the A11 single-carridgeway through Elveden Forest, that''s like a car park at times!

I hope your brother doesn''t mind you putting a picture of his wifes bazookas on this message board lol

[/quote]The same joke twice within 26 minutes? Are you Jim Davidson?

[quote user="CK"]

Ill be waiting for the surprise by the train staff when the coaches get stuck in traffic after the game and people miss connections. They seem to struggle with the idea that people may want to travel by train to a football game.[/quote]the train staff just follow orders from higher, altho rest assured if you''re on my service later I''ll wait coz I''ll want a match report!!! something like 1930 from thetford I think

[quote user="claud"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]

[/quote]

The same joke twice within 26 minutes? Are you Jim Davidson?
[/quote]

Well i posted it and the 1st one didn''t appear so thought I''d have another go and I''ve been left with Egg on my face:

[quote user="Pissed As A Mattress"]You will need help if you park in Thetford. It is a dirty hole where you are more than likely to lose your wheels. I would rather park in Kabul, much safer[/quote]That''s strange,I''ve lived in Thetford nearly all my life and never lost a wheel yet!  Idiot.[:@]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Pissed As A Mattress"]You will need help if you park in Thetford. It is a dirty hole where you are more than likely to lose your wheels. I would rather park in Kabul, much safer[/quote]

That''s strange,I''ve lived in Thetford nearly all my life and never lost a wheel yet!  Idiot.[:@]
[/quote]The only problem with the town is the center desperately needs redevelopment. Woolies was the only shop worth going in now it''s all charity shops.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Pissed As A Mattress"]You will need help if you park in Thetford. It is a dirty hole where you are more than likely to lose your wheels. I would rather park in Kabul, much safer[/quote]

That''s strange,I''ve lived in Thetford nearly all my life and never lost a wheel yet!  Idiot.[:@]
[/quote]Which is an amazing fact when you consider Inchy has a collection of 14,000 of them in his garden![;)][:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Pissed As A Mattress"]You will need help if you park in Thetford. It is a dirty hole where you are more than likely to lose your wheels. I would rather park in Kabul, much safer[/quote]That''s strange,I''ve lived in Thetford nearly all my life and never lost a wheel yet!  Idiot.[:@][/quote]Which is an amazing fact when you consider Inchy has a collection of 14,000 of them in his garden![;)][:D][/quote]There the ones that fell off as people drove past.[;)]