Sign in to follow this  
Cantiaci Canary

Moving to Norwich

Me and the wife are upping sticks from Cambridge and moving to the Fine City ... at long last!

I''m really looking forward to getting to Carrow Road in under and hour and a half and having the long drive back after (especially following home defeats!).

I know little about the city & suburbs, other than the very centre, so was wondering if people could suggest areas to avoid or to consider?

I know this isn''t strictly a football matter but it is a Tuesday! At its core it is about me getting closer to my beloved NCFC!

Avoid the Bayer Club,just over Marlpit Bridge.

Hot bed of iniquity and a seat of unworthiness.

Sometimes hosts meetings of the well knowd Norwich Gang called the PUPS. (well to avoid all of them)[:D]

[quote user="Broadstairs Canary"]Me and the wife are upping sticks from Cambridge and moving to the Fine City ... at long last!

I''m really looking forward to getting to Carrow Road in under and hour and a half and having the long drive back after (especially following home defeats!).

I know little about the city & suburbs, other than the very centre, so was wondering if people could suggest areas to avoid or to consider?

I know this isn''t strictly a football matter but it is a Tuesday! At its core it is about me getting closer to my beloved NCFC![/quote]Even though I know Norwich well, I only moved here 2 years ago and I can advise a good session of driving around with a map, marking places as suitable or unsuitable.It''s not until you drive round that you realise that a lot of Norwich is actually a bit grim! It''s all personal tastes, mind...It depends on what you like but personally I thought Old Costessey was a nice suburb (but not New Costessey), some of Hellesdon is quite nice (despite the name), I didn''t really like North City, or anywhere with the postcode NR5 (sorry to those that live there, just my experience). Trowse is nice but the prices are high, Whitlingham, Kirby, Caistor are all nice villages (with high prices!), ermmm, Little Melton is ok but quite far away, hmmmm, can''t think of any more just now....

[quote user="The Butler"]

Sometimes hosts meetings of the well knowd Norwich Gang called the PUPS. (well to avoid all of them)[:D]

[/quote]As a member of the most feared(by Billy Dixon ) Pups gang I can tell you that in our fine watering hole(the Bayer social club)we keep a poster of  Butler on the wall and the good landlord and gang leader known only as Nutty Nigel is offering free beer for the capture of the Butlers keyboard.[;)]

We did the same thing from Birmingham last April. We actually finished up living outside the City on the coast at Gorleston. Best thing we ever did. Especially if you have a family fantastic place to live, but depends where you are working - if in Norwich you may not appreciate the 1/2 hour each way drive each day

Thorpe St. Andrew, not far from Carrow Road and the city but a nice quiet suburb, Perfect. I have a 2 bed townhouse for sale if that any good to you.

I''ve lived around the city but you can''t beat the supposed ''Golden Triangle'' -the old definition.

That is, the areas/roads bordered by The Earlham & Newmarket Roads. If you''re thinking of having kids, then I''d seriously consider the area bordered by Unthank & Earlham Rds (Recreation Rd/Avenue catchment-or The Colman Rd Schools & CNS High School -best state schools in the area)

Hope that helps

I grew up in Horsford (north of city 2 mins from the airport) and moved to the city for a couple of years in my 20''s. As soon as I settled down and had kids I bought a house back in Horsford. Fantastic place for kids to grow up and very safe. It''s close enough to Norwich without being too close.

Drayton and Taverham are nice areas aswell.

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

I''m also probably goin to be uprouting from down here in Devon this summer but i want somewhere in the city i can get drugs and hookers on tap if i require, where is best for me to live?

[/quote]Lakenham or Larkman

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

A gand in Norwich?[:O]

What sort of name is the PUPS?

Someone please fill me in! I''m intreaged!

LOL, are you serious[:S]Butler is refering to us (p)ink  (U)n  (P)icker(S) from the free bet thread on this site, the bayer social club(run by Nutty Nigel) is where we meet up 2-3 times a year. Why don''t you join us sometime.[<:o)]

[quote user="Boyo"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

A gand in Norwich?[:O]

What sort of name is the PUPS?

Someone please fill me in! I''m intreaged!

[/quote]

Any agro and we widdle up your leg!

So just watch it.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

LOL, are you serious[:S]

Butler is refering to us (p)ink  (U)n  (P)icker(S) from the free bet thread on this site, the bayer social club(run by Nutty Nigel) is where we meet up 2-3 times a year. Why don''t you join us sometime.[<:o)]
[/quote]

Ahah! I see!

silly me![:$]

I only just caught up with this thread[:D]

Of course we''re not a gang[H]

We''re a pack [&][&][&][&][&][&][&][&]......

Hot Babe on Flickr - Photo [8] You folks were always putting him down
You said he came from the wrong side of town 
You told me he''s a fool
But I knew he was cool
That''s why I fell for - the leader of the pack.

[:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I only just caught up with this thread[:D]

Of course we''re not a gang[H]

We''re a pack [&][&][&][&][&][&][&][&]......

Hot Babe on Flickr - Photo [8] You folks were always putting him down
You said he came from the wrong side of town 
You told me he''s a fool
But I knew he was cool
That''s why I fell for - the leader of the pack.

[:O]

[/quote]

In your dreams!!