Sign in to follow this  
West Ham Canary

Jamie Cureton's finest performance?

I''m doing a little research into Jamie Cureton''s time at Norwich. Please could you take the time to answer the following questions.

What was Jamie Cureton''s finest performance in the Yellow and Green?
A. August 2007 v. Southampton - Two goals from Jamie secure a 2-1 win after Kenwyn Jones'' equaliser on his first home league appearance
B. March 2008 v. Colchester - Hat trick for Jamie helps towards a 5-1 trouncing
C. January 2009 v. Barnsley - Amongst the scorers as he returns from a loan spell at Barnsley to end his Norwich drought
D. Other (are there any others that stand out to you?)

Will Jamie Cureton ever play for Norwich again?

Hopefully these two questions can help guide a pretty reasonable debate on a player who no doubt ever lacked a goalscoring instinct, but has undoubtedly become only a shadow of his former self

Scored on his debut if I recall correctly so that was pretty good, asides from that coming onto the pitch at Portaloo Road with green hair must rank as a close second?

Poor old Jamie Lad

Ipswich away 1996 and scoring with the green hair Ipswich home 1995, in the Premiership scored 1 and created 1 when taken by their keeper.Always performed against the scumhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OZwp_IxNmY

Here''s where I admit to only having been a recently converted Norwich fan as I was totally overlooking his first spell at the club.
So new question... What Jamie Cureton will you remember? The young lad against Ipswich in the 90s or the struggling Jamie Cureton of recent years?

[quote user="West Ham Canary"]Here''s where I admit to only having been a recently converted Norwich fan as I was totally overlooking his first spell at the club.So new question... What Jamie Cureton will you remember? The young lad against Ipswich in the 90s or the struggling Jamie Cureton of recent years?[/quote]I was a young kid back in the 90''s, Eadie & Cureton were my 2 very exciting young players breaking into the side, along with Akinbiyi but from what I remember Cureton wasn''t really given a chance although i''ve heard he was a little immature back then. I''ll always remember the goals against Ipswich and the green hair and thats why i''ve wanted him to succeed so much 2nd time round but I just feel he wanted to succeed too much and make up for the early end to his 1st spell and ultimately felt the pressure and didn''t perform.

Against Coventry in 2008-9, just after half time, hitting a volley which knocked over an old lady as she walked back to her seat in the Upper Barclay .  I have never seen such precise CPR delivered by matchday stewards anywhere else in the UK.

A game in his first spell at Norwich (I think vs. Chelsea) where he came on as a sub and scored from a corner with his first touch. I think it was Ashley Ward''s debut and Ward had already scored 2. Anyone remember?

The green hair at Ipswich sums him up. He''s gone forever now. He has had a great career - not many better than him in the lower leagues. Shame his greatest form was away from Carrow Road. Always a trier even in his poor spells - he owes us nothing. Good luck JC.

Would him scoring the equaliser against Town with his green hair back in 1995. I have tried to expunge what happened after that from my memory. I am sure Rob Ullathorne has as well

I think with passing time people will remember him for his first spell. It hasn''t worked out for him 2nd time around. In his second spell I would say the saints game stands out. Him and Fotheringham were class that day.

Scoring on his debut for us in 1994 at home to Chelsea was good!

The green hair - Ipswich 1996

Hat trick against ColWHO in the 5-1 ein a couple of years back!

Telling the media today Lambert didn''t give him a chance!

Good player in his day, probably with a better atitude in his younger days would of done much better, but its fair to say that his 2nd spell with Norwich didn''t hit the heights that we''d and he''d of wanted!

[quote user="West Ham Canary"]I''m doing a little research into Jamie Cureton''s time at Norwich. Please could you take the time to answer the following questions.

A. August 2007 v. Southampton - Two goals from Jamie secure a 2-1 win after Kenwyn Jones'' equaliser on his first home league appearance
C. January 2009 v. Barnsley - Amongst the scorers as he returns from a loan spell at Barnsley to end his Norwich drought

Hopefully these two questions can help guide a pretty reasonable debate on a player who no doubt ever lacked a goalscoring instinct, but has undoubtedly become only a shadow of his former self
[/quote]

Agree with your three from his second spell and would add Ipswich at home  season before last when he scored a very good goal and ran them ragged.

No, he will not play again save in a charity match

For me it was the 2-2 draw with Ipswich in Roeder''s first game. He scored the equaliser and it really was a great goal. (I''m overlooking the two absolute sitters he smashed wide in the first half though).

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]For me it was the 2-2 draw with Ipswich in Roeder''s first game. He scored the equaliser and it really was a great goal. (I''m overlooking the two absolute sitters he smashed wide in the first half though).[/quote]To be fair, that was a fantastic finish, outside of the boot and into the corner of the net.

Im suprised not many people are mentioning the 3-0 win over Ipswich in 1995(?). Eadie and Cureton ripped the Ipswich defence apart in that game, with Jamie scoring a sublime goal after outpacing the defenders, rounding the goalkeeper and tucking it home from an impossible angle, before celebrating in front of the Barclay closest to the Ipswich fans.

[quote user="By Heck Its Fleck"]A game in his first spell at Norwich (I think vs. Chelsea) where he came on as a sub and scored from a corner with his first touch. I think it was Ashley Ward''s debut and Ward had already scored 2. Anyone remember? [/quote]yep. I think he had been on the pitch for something like 13 seconds.

[quote user="West Ham Canary"]I''m doing a little research into Jamie Cureton''s time at Norwich. Please could you take the time to answer the following questions.

[/quote]

I think his finest performance for Norwich was on Wednesday when he signed for Shrewsbury, saved us a packet on wages