Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Good Thumping Soon

For the past 6 weeks or so we have been gringing out resluts which has been great but not really dominating sides. I think we are due to give someone a good thumping soon, most likely time is iMO Southend at home

Yeah i really want to see a clean sheet with at least 3 goals. Hopefully we can pay back Leeds for earlier in the season and give Oldham (which i''m going to see) a good thumping too.

Lol, for a minute I thought you replied to your own post. [:P] Yeah I reckon we are due a good at least 3 nil win. I think it could even be over Soton. [:)]

I can see us giving Southend a spanking, hopefully we''ll get a few goals against Oldham as well as that''s my first game since Carlisle!!

I thought you meant we could be on the receiving end of a good thumping!!

A lot of the recent games - yesterday, Hartlepool, Walsall, Brentford... if they could finish we might have been soundly beaten.

We need to be right back to our best for upcoming away games at Swindon and Huddersfield or we''ll get beaten playing like we have been and only turning up in the last quarter.

[quote user="a1canary"]I thought you meant we could be on the receiving end of a good thumping!! A lot of the recent games - yesterday, Hartlepool, Walsall, Brentford... if they could finish we might have been soundly beaten. We need to be right back to our best for upcoming away games at Swindon and Huddersfield or we''ll get beaten playing like we have been and only turning up in the last quarter.[/quote]

I thought we were giving the other teams a chance...

To be honest I agree. However, over the last four games our defence and most importantly the cover from midfield (both centrally and also from the wide positions) has not been at it''s best. We could have (but luckily weren''t) 3 goals down yesterday. I think we have a smashing of another team in us, but also feel we have a thumping from someone else in there too. I fear this may be Southampton (for no stronger reason than most of my friends support them and I had a great time winding them up on Sat when Pompey turned them over). Also they do look as good as anyone in this league going forward. The away fixture at Saints was the best game I have seen in this league this year in terms of football both teams played.

[quote user="singing canary"]i have a good feeling it may be southampton ... !! and maybe southend as well .[/quote]

Otsemobor could be our secret weapon !! [:D] 

I fear that of late we really have not performed and have got out of jail with mediocre performances against at best average sides with goals late on. Regretfully I suspect that against a more capable side that takes its chances it may be us will be on the end of a thumping!

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="singing canary"]i have a good feeling it may be southampton ... !! and maybe southend as well .[/quote]

[/quote]Just get Rose/Drury to hang around the half way line when Osto has the ball and we''ll pick him up when he gets there and stops.

[quote user="AndyWhyteUK"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]Just get Rose/Drury to hang around the half way line when Osto has the ball and we''ll pick him up when he gets there and stops.[/quote]HA![:D]Bet he has an absolute blinder, whipping great balls in all afternoon.

[quote user="a1canary"]I thought you meant we could be on the receiving end of a good thumping!!

A lot of the recent games - yesterday, Hartlepool, Walsall, Brentford... if they could finish we might have been soundly beaten.

We need to be right back to our best for upcoming away games at Swindon and Huddersfield or we''ll get beaten playing like we have been and only turning up in the last quarter.[/quote]If I remember correctly, Brentford had very few chances, and if it was for their keeper (Arsenal''s No.3) we would have won by about 5.

Well we did bet col u 5-0 only a few weeks ago and if anything we have been struggling a bit recently. I think the 5-0 against Col u the 5-1 against Bristol Rovers and the 4-0 Against orient will be are biggest wins of the season. I could see us beating Carlisle 8-0 on the last day of the season once promotion is assured though! [Y]

[quote user="EssexWhite"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]Leeds at home.. 5-0 to us...[/quote]

:-D

I''ll bare my b0ll0cks on here if that happens!![/quote] Nahh it will be a tight game, allways a few people on here that get carried away

Arsenal''s number 4 isn''t he? Almunia, Fabianski and mannone ahead of him. Should be in for him if we can''t get Forster next season.

nice to see we can win games when we are not playing our best...not always been a strong point for us.

also refreshing to see a manager who will change things when not going to plan

This is exactly what I meant. Saints decent side took their chances (could have had five). We are only a very average side under an excellent Manager that can play well only against poor opposition!

[quote user="John Page"]I fear that of late we really have not performed and have got out of jail with mediocre performances against at best average sides with goals late on. Regretfully I suspect that against a more capable side that takes its chances it may be us will be on the end of a thumping![/quote]This is exactly what I meant. Saints decent side took their chances

(could have had five). We are only a very average side under an

excellent Manager that can play well only against average opposition!

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]For the past 6 weeks or so we have been gringing out resluts which has been great but not really dominating sides. I think we are due to give someone a good thumping soon, most likely time is iMO Southend at home[/quote]

If we do get a thumping then the wheels will come off big time.........

We''ve been riding a wave based on nothing but confidence..... and without that our squad is very average to say the least.