Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week twenty nine of the free bet season. This week it’s our good friend and genial host Sports Desk Pete in charge and making the final selections. Pete is one of our most improved pickers this season and is coming into his week in a really rich vein of form having picked correctly in each of the last nine weeks. Pete is also another of our sociable PUPs who gets to all the Pickers Meets where his good sense of fun always makes him good company.

But even though he’s on such good form Pete will need all your help to follow in the footsteps of Pboro and provide us with another winning week for the academy. And of course all you PUPs are on tremendous form yourselves with over 80% of you napping correctly in two of the last three weeks. We have never had it so good and I dare not tell Billy just how good you are!

Im looking ahead to March for the rota now and provisionally have allocated the dates as follows :-

Mar 6th - Obiwancanary

Mar 13th - Blahblahblah

Mar 20th - Til 1010

Mar 27th - Yankee Canary

As always please let me know if those dates are ok. I can always facilitate a change if necessary.

So I’ll hand the free bet over to Sports Desk Pete now. As always there’s no pressure, because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy. No blame and no shame on the free bet pages. So take it away Pete... the free bet is yours..............[:)].........

As always I leave you with Ray''s signature which now reads: -

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,NewYork, Inch High, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker, Norfolkbroadslim, yes Norfolkchance1 £789 for the Academy,so far.

will be staying in Spain again this week with: Barcelona v Racing Santander.....with obviously Barcelona to win :D (after last weeks loss, they will need to win straight away....)

Good Luck :D

After a very poor result on Saturday I''m going to take Incey to get Wimbledon back to winning ways.

F.C Franchise to beat Southend for me this week.[:|]

Good luck S.D.P - a big congratulations to Peterboro for our first 2010 win - may you be a close second

Good luck SDP and good evening Nutty.

Off to Belgium this week where hopefully an Anderlecht home win v KV Mechelen will make it 26 out of 28 for me.

Anyway count me in for 20th March Nutty.

For me this week it''s got to be Germany and the Bundesliga. The giants Bayern Munich joint top of the league take on lowly Nurnberg who are second from bottom.

Nurnburg v Bayern Munich Away Win is my pick.

Good Luck everyone all the best, good luck pete.

[quote user="Shyster"]Good evening, Nigel.

I take it I''m on the roster of chief selectors for either April or May?
[/quote]

Good evening Shyster...

I''m afraid we are somehow going to have to struggle on without you on the roster for April and May. With 55 or so PUPS selecting every week and only 40 weeks in the season we are, as I''m sure you understand, over-subscribed for this season. However if we manage to secure the free bet again next season I will do everything I can to fit you in then. Despite this disappointment I hope you will continue to share your undoubted selecting talents for the rest of this season[Y]

As much as it hurts to say it I can''t see anything other than a Leeds home win this weekend.

Leeds v Brighton...Home win

Good luck to Pete and all this weeks pickers.[Y]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Austria Vienna to beat Austria Karnten[/quote]This.Austria Vienna - 8-2-0 at home. Austria Karnten - 0-0-11 away from home.Surely a formality..

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Shyster"]Good evening, Nigel.I take it I''m on the roster of chief selectors for either April or May?[/quote]

Good evening Shyster...

I''m afraid we are somehow going to have to struggle on without you on the roster for April and May. With 55 or so PUPS selecting every week and only 40 weeks in the season we are, as I''m sure you understand, over-subscribed for this season. However if we manage to secure the free bet again next season I will do everything I can to fit you in then. Despite this disappointment I hope you will continue to share your undoubted selecting talents for the rest of this season[Y]

[/quote]

So I could be waiting until quarter of the way through next season! [:O] I might be dead by then.Oh well, my selection for this week:Blue Square Premier promotion contenders Kettering will beat relegation haunted Grays Athletic at home.

Grays last 6 results in chronological order: Grays Athletic 0 - 2 SalisburyHayes & Yeading 4 - 0 GraysKidderminster 4 - 1 GraysGrays 0 - 4 OxfordGrays 2 - 3 CrawleyEbbsfleet 2 - 1 Grays

Good luck all [img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

After last weeks FA Cup disaster (cheers Villa!!!) I''m off to Serie A this week and...

AS Roma v Catania - Home Win

Roma have 10 wins and 3 draws from the last 13 games and have W10 D0 L2 at home. Catania have W2 D4 L6 away and are struggling at the wrong end of the table.

Good luck to all PUPs and especially Pete of the Sports Desk.

Good luck this week Pete, it was great to see the losing streak completely destroyed last weekend!Anyway, off to League Two for me this week, where I expect:Rochdale to beat Dagenham and RedbridgeGood luck Pete and all the Pup''s.

Despite my European disasters recently, I''m giving the Bundesliga another chance:

Nuremberg  -v-  Bayern Munich     AWAY WIN

Munich currently have 48 pts from 22 games, Nuremberg only 16 pts from 22.

Good Luck Pete and all our lovely PUPs  [:D][H]

Aston Villa to beat Burnley for me, Laws hasn''t started well and Burnley''s away form is dire. Home win for me.

Good luck Pete and all pickers lets hope we follow Pboros great win last week!

I''m back to La Liga this week. Barca don''t usually let me down, and having lost last week they should be fired up against Racing Santander on saturday, so it''s a BARCELONA home win for me.

Good luck Long Shanks and all the rest of you lovely Pups![Y]

I''m going for a home win for Port Talbot v. Welshpool.

Port Talbot are W8 D2 L1 F25 A6 at home and Welshpool are W2 D3 L7 F9 A23 away.

Good Luck, Sports Desk Pete!

[quote user="Shyster"]

So I could be waiting until quarter of the way through next season! [:O] I might be dead by then.

[/quote]

Now don''t go getting all tearful and morbid on me Shyster. They say only the good die young but if you are cut down in your prime rest assured I''ll say some really nice things about you on here and point out how you were so cruelly taken before you could have your moment of glory. [;)]

As for my selection this week I too am going to La Liga. Villa Real have a Europa Cup match tonight which I''m sure will take preference over the weeknds trip to Madrid in the league. Real Madrid have to win their home games to keep the pressure on Barcelona.

Real Madrid     V   Villa Real    Home Win

Norwich vs Southampton - Home win.(12-2-1) vs (4,7,4) Norwich 10 in a row at home, top of the league, Southampton lay in lowly 15th spot. Good Luck Pete. [Y]