Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

When will the Doc get full respect?

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Smudger"]Surprise, Surprise the Doc and Nelson F**K it up yet again!No surprise to see that the attack came down our left hand side too.I thought it was McNamee who couldn''t defend?  Well we seem to have been pretty solid down the right hand side going forwards and defending so far tonight![/quote]Im guessing your taking this off the radio and your not at the game right? (Not having a go, Ive got neither so havent got a clue whos had the better of the half, whos playing well etc)[/quote]Yeah you are correct Trent, listening on the radio.Just from listening to the commentary though you don''t need to be a genius to know that Lappin has been anonymous yet again and that Doherty, Nelson, Rose and Lappin were all possibly at fault for the goal to varying degrees.  Am not so sure if Hughes had any part to play in it though.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Ok thanks. How have we sounded going forward? Has McNamee had an impact? Hoolahan getting any space?[/quote]McNamee has been man of the match so far by the sounds of it.  We have been good going forwards down the right hand side and maybe surprising for many but not to me we have also been very solid down the right hand side too by the sounds of it with Russel Martin sounding like he is having a good game too.Hoolahan is doing ok but the main problem we have is that Lappin is bleedin anonymous down the left hand side... the goal came down that side and the majority of fans will no doubt murder Rose for it but Doherty should of also cleared the cross according to the commentary and Nelson was also partly to blame also.

[quote user="Smudger"]Surprise, Surprise the Doc and Nelson F**K it up yet again![/quote]I was at the match tonight, and Doherty was one of the main reasons we weren''t 3/4 down by the time Oli got the equaliser. Nelson was also solid tonight, one of his best performances for us. Fullbacks poor defensively again, especially Rose who was beaten and allowed crosses in time and time again. CBs should have done better with the cross, but all stemmed from one of many mistakes from Rose.We need Drury back ASAP, or we will keep shipping goals regardless of who is in the middle. Most underrated players in terms of our prior good run I feel.

PS. McNamee very good tonight, looks like he is the player we have been missing - shame Holt was unable to get on the end of some of his crosses. Hughes was atrocious, lightweight and gave away possession with silly balls lots of times tonight - Smith every time for me.

At the game I predicted that we would get punished at some stage because we were constantly conceding possession either from giving away stupid little freekicks, passes not making their intended target or just needlessly booting it out. I''m a realist, and this is always going to happen but tonight and last saturday it was virtually constant. Even a defence that was playing well in it''s entirity cannot deal with that. It just means they are always under threat. Until I see a replay I''m not in a position to judge Doc''s involvement in their goal but I saw it coming because immediately prior to it, Martin C gave away a petty freekick, the resulting attack then saw Hughes conceding possession when it should have been passed or cleared. It then came right back at us and they scored. We put ourselves and in particular the defence under unneccessary pressure. Lappin and Hughes did not have a great game and were a bit hit and miss but to be fair to them both we pretty much played with 2 in midfield (it was a strange diamond). I can understand the praise McNamee has got but, and it is a big but, he was a bit of a luxury. No doubt about it, his footwork, some pace, directness and crosses were good to see but they came at a price. He offered virtually no defensive cover at all and was almost another forward, very wide, and this obviously left a lot of work and ground to cover for Hughes and Lappin. Holt and Marin were very ineffective and just could not hold the ball, they both underperformed from what we were used to. Poor little Wes worked his socks off (probably my man of the match) covering every blade of grass and trying to create openings but his striker mates were just not on his wavelength. I''m sure that when the subs came on we were meant to be 4-4-2 but in reality it was 4-1-1-4. Korey was then having to do what Lappin and Hughes were doing, he done it well. Considering all this you do have to have some sympathy for the back four. Getting back to the Doc he is one of the best in our team at the moment at not giving the ball away. One snapshot radio comment does not really give perspective to smudger''s criticism