Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

When will the Doc get full respect?

Southampton have some pace up front and a potent attack so today will be a good day to judge Doc (and others).

He doesn''t defend alone but should be making sure the defence pushes up so we can be on the front foot and I will be especially looking for this.

Today is, in reality, about which defence shuts out most goals.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]He has played on a team that is in first place, though.[/quote]But he''s never played for the team since they''ve been in first place, or indeed in second place.

Exactly, RuPhuck. TODAY is the day to judge Doherty. The other games he was in were really just leading up to this.

Morty, I have not counted how many games I''ve been to at Carrow Road, but why does it matter? How many wars have you fought in? Were you there when Hitler signed onto the "Final Solution"? If not, then your opinion on the holocaust is irrelevant, at least by your standard. I''ve seen Doherty play on TV and live enough, but so what? You likely have seen him too, but your skewed opinion of his greatness, and your derision of the rest of the team doesn''t make much sense. Are you even an NCFC fan? If so, why continually criticize all the players except Doherty, who you put on a pedestal?

He is playing well of late, as are most of the rest of the team.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Exactly, RuPhuck. TODAY is the day to judge Doherty. The other games he was in were really just leading up to this.

Morty, I have not counted how many games I''ve been to at Carrow Road, but why does it matter? How many wars have you fought in? Were you there when Hitler signed onto the "Final Solution"? If not, then your opinion on the holocaust is irrelevant, at least by your standard. I''ve seen Doherty play on TV and live enough, but so what? You likely have seen him too, but your skewed opinion of his greatness, and your derision of the rest of the team doesn''t make much sense. Are you even an NCFC fan? If so, why continually criticize all the players except Doherty, who you put on a pedestal?

He is playing well of late, as are most of the rest of the team.[/quote]I have attended 2 wars and several smaller conflicts as it happens.My point is though that your opinion seems to have been formed by what other people say on here and a mixture of Radio Norfolk and match reports.There is no substitute for actually being there and forming your own opinion, as opposed to recycling one made by others.

And I really don''t get how you think I put Docherty on a pedestal, I have been critical of him in the past and haven''t really offered much opinion on him in general.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Morty, I have not counted how many games I''ve been to at Carrow Road, but why does it matter? How many wars have you fought in? Were you there when Hitler signed onto the "Final Solution"?[/quote]I''m always pleased when people keep a sense of perspective about whether a League One centre back is a good footballer or not.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Houston Canary"]Morty, I have not counted how many games I''ve been to at Carrow Road, but why does it matter? How many wars have you fought in? Were you there when Hitler signed onto the "Final Solution"?[/quote]I''m always pleased when people keep a sense of perspective about whether a League One centre back is a good footballer or not.[/quote]Oooh, you nasty, sarcastic bully, you.(grins)

Very funny, Chops. You get my point.

Morty, I didn''t ask how many wars you attended.

Also, Morty, I didn''t mean to say YOU in particular put Doherty on a pedestal. I was speaking in generalities there, the editorial "you" so to speak.

Today is the day to judge Doherty, this according to RuPhuck. Let''s hope he keeps up his good form. And HAW HAW to ManUre getting thumped!

Would have been my shout for man of the match today.

Although I though Korey gave it a good go as well.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Very funny, Chops. You get my point.

Morty, I didn''t ask how many wars you attended.

Also, Morty, I didn''t mean to say YOU in particular put Doherty on a pedestal. I was speaking in generalities there, the editorial "you" so to speak.

Today is the day to judge Doherty, this according to RuPhuck. Let''s hope he keeps up his good form. And HAW HAW to ManUre getting thumped![/quote]So what did you think of Doc today, Houston?  And what did you think of Nelson?I thought Doc made one obvious error after about 2 minutes, and then did his best to hold a leaky ship together.  Nelson won a couple of good headers but in terms of passing, distribution, composure and organisation, I thought he was quite simply out of his depth.

[quote user="Smudger"]So how did Mr Doherty do today boys & girls?[/quote]Light years ahead of Nelson and one of the few players on the pitch today who put in an honest hard shift.

What really annoyed me was the groans and jeers that came out when Nelson shanked 2 or 3 balls in the first half.

What is the point of that? What good does that do anyone?

Idiots.

[quote user="GJP"]

What really annoyed me was the groans and jeers that came out when Nelson shanked 2 or 3 balls in the first half.

Idiots.

[/quote]Yes, I applauded Nelson for those several appalling pieces of agricultural skill, because he was trying his best and his heart is in the right place.Perhaps the groans and jeers were because we come to watch professional, table-topping football and not some fat conference player who couldn''t pass wind, never mind a football.

To be fair, I like Nelson and I think he hasn''t always had the credit his performances has deserved but he wasn''t good today (not that he was the only one).As for Doc... I think he was one of our better performers, as well as Smith and Forster. Not brilliant by any means but no-one else really turned up.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="GJP"]

Idiots.

[/quote]

Yes, I applauded Nelson for those several appalling pieces of agricultural skill, because he was trying his best and his heart is in the right place.

Perhaps the groans and jeers were because we come to watch professional, table-topping football and not some fat conference player who couldn''t pass wind, never mind a football.

[/quote]

He''s not the most stylish player with the ball. We know that.

So why get on his case and make him nervous?

Too many Norwich fans love to try and get their pound of flesh out of a player they don''t rate.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="GJP"]

Idiots.

[/quote]Yes, I applauded Nelson for those several appalling pieces of agricultural skill, because he was trying his best and his heart is in the right place.Perhaps the groans and jeers were because we come to watch professional, table-topping football and not some fat conference player who couldn''t pass wind, never mind a football.[/quote]

He''s not the most stylish player with the ball. We know that.

So why get on his case and make him nervous?

Too many Norwich fans love to try and get their pound of flesh out of a player they don''t rate.

[/quote]I didn''t go to the game intending to heckle Michael Nelson, but we were 1-0 down and for the third time, under little pressure, he kicked the ball straight out of play.  At that point, exasperated, I shouted out "for f*ck''s sake, Nelson!"  I think given the context, that was an understandable reaction.I acknowledge he is a pretty good defender in the air, but today he went missing big time and needs to be told that he should do better or ship out.  That is Lambert''s job, and I can''t see Nelson ever playing at a higher level than League One.  But I understand why people boo and jeer when he cocks up, because it''s such rank basic errors that he makes. 

It reminded me of a donkey derby today with Nelson Neddy and Donkey Doc the leading runners. Much was made of Holt being out for three games recently but the biggest blow has been the loss of Askou and Whitbread. Our luck has run out and 3 points from nine says it all. As I have said before, when ''Ginger Pele'' is under little or no pressure he looks fine but when under pressure like today he simply cannot cope and Nelson is no better. Unless we have a fit Askou and Whitbread playing in upcoming games such as Huddersfield, Swindon, and Leeds, I fear the worst. Their inclusion will give the whole team a massive boost and the success of our whole season will probably rest on their fitness. I know that this view will be unpalatable to those blinkered Doherty fans but I''m, my friends, that this is how it is.

Anyone whos watched a number of Norwich games this season will realise that Nelsons a good stopper who very limited when passing the ball. Yes its frustrating when it happens but to get onto him is not the answer.

He wasn''t good today but Nelsons performance was better than the refs who blatantly missed the push on Nelson for the 1st Soton goal and Russells sending off was harsh!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Have you ever posted about any other subject other than Doc? Your obsession is a little unhealthy I have to say.
[/quote]

Doc and Nelson were very poor today, particularly in the first half, the score could  easily have been 5 nil. We looked disorganised at the back, the marking was awfull with the usual selection of poor clearances. We do not have a defence that would be effective in the Championship, we do give the opposition lots of chances and the fact we dont concede more is due the poor quality of the  finishing and not our own ability.

[quote user="Flashman"]It reminded me of a donkey derby today with Nelson Neddy and Donkey Doc the leading runners. Much was made of Holt being out for three games recently but the biggest blow has been the loss of Askou and Whitbread. Our luck has run out and 3 points from nine says it all. As I have said before, when ''Ginger Pele'' is under little or no pressure he looks fine but when under pressure like today he simply cannot cope and Nelson is no better. Unless we have a fit Askou and Whitbread playing in upcoming games such as Huddersfield, Swindon, and Leeds, I fear the worst. Their inclusion will give the whole team a massive boost and the success of our whole season will probably rest on their fitness. I know that this view will be unpalatable to those blinkered Doherty fans but I''m, my friends, that this is how it is.[/quote]So the Doc didn''t play well today then Flashman??? [:^)]

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Have you ever posted about any other subject other than Doc? Your obsession is a little unhealthy I have to say.[/quote]

Doc and Nelson were very poor today, particularly in the first half, the score could  easily have been 5 nil. We looked disorganised at the back, the marking was awfull with the usual selection of poor clearances. We do not have a defence that would be effective in the Championship, we do give the opposition lots of chances and the fact we dont concede more is due the poor quality of the  finishing and not our own ability.

[/quote]Sounds to me like he may well not of done?TFIY seems to have a very good grasp of the current goings on at Carrow Road (well with regards to what is happening on the pitch anyhow) if his recent postings are anything to go by.So if TFIY suggests that the Doc did not have a good game then I would be inclined to believe him right now.

I will take your comment about Doherty''s success in holding the team together into consideration, Chops. I have yet to read any game reports so I have no opinion of anyone in particular beyond what I garnered from the excellent play by play given by P Datt o PinkUn.

Why do you ask? My criticism of him has been related to previous years at higher levels, not what he''s done since he regained his position in the line up of our 3rd Division team due to injuries.

[quote user="Flashman"]It reminded me of a donkey derby today with Nelson Neddy and Donkey Doc the leading runners. Much was made of Holt being out for three games recently but the biggest blow has been the loss of Askou and Whitbread. Our luck has run out and 3 points from nine says it all. As I have said before, when ''Ginger Pele'' is under little or no pressure he looks fine but when under pressure like today he simply cannot cope and Nelson is no better. Unless we have a fit Askou and Whitbread playing in upcoming games such as Huddersfield, Swindon, and Leeds, I fear the worst. Their inclusion will give the whole team a massive boost and the success of our whole season will probably rest on their fitness. I know that this view will be unpalatable to those blinkered Doherty fans but I''m, my friends, that this is how it is.[/quote]Oh give it a rest, you muppet. Slate Doc if you want, but what exactly have Whitbread/Askou done to be held in such high regard?! The former has had a few cameo appearances and proven nothing - in fact, he went to ground and was "done" several times in his first home appearance (rusty or not, nobody ever gives Doc/Nelson any leeway), and should have been sent off against his former team. The latter has looked okay heading the ball, but very shaky positionally and defensively, before getting a long-term injury.Whatever your opinion on Doherty, the fact you think Whitbread/Askou are vital to a good defensive record, is without any foundation, and frankly laughable.I''ll repeat again, the game against Southampton was just like a repeat of last season. The centre backs got zero protection from a terrible pair of fullbacks, and a non-existent midfield, and were made to look stupid. From the front, through to the back today, nobody maintained possession. By all means pretend that the centre-backs are the root cause of the problem, but anyone who knows their salt will realise that you could have put Terry and Ferdinand in our defence today, and we would still have conceded at least two goals. We miss Drury massively IMO.Lambert has issues to address, but I think the CB positions are probably a low priority right now.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Have you ever posted about any other subject other than Doc? Your obsession is a little unhealthy I have to say.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds to me like he may well not of done?

TFIY seems to have a very good grasp of the current goings on at Carrow Road (well with regards to what is happening on the pitch anyhow) if his recent postings are anything to go by.

So if TFIY suggests that the Doc did not have a good game then I would be inclined to believe him right now.
[/quote]

Doherty didn''t play too bad he was mediocre which was on par with the best of our team. We were poor, very poor, Holt, C Martin, Lappin, R Martin, & Rose all anonymous and Nelson the worst performance (anyone hear Simon on canary call couldn''t understand why he was subbed, Neill explained and he still couldn''t uderstand). Lets be honest Smudger you are always inclined to believe anyone who says something similar to what you want to hear.