Sign in to follow this  
ncfcfaithful

Huddersfield Away

I imagine there will be around 2,000 at the Oldham game and closser to 3,000 for the Huddersfield game seeing as how they are one of the ''bigger'' teams in the league.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="shefcanary"]

Whats this? Shefcanary not doing a corporate away day? lol!

By railway station standards at least Sheffield is a good station to meet at.....unlike the dump at Nottingham.

BTW. people - you''re allowed to stand on a train doing 60mph.+ but not at a football ground doing 0 mph. Figure out the double standards when it comes to ''elf and safety!

[/quote]

Cheers Tangy, not that many connections in ''uddersfield so having to slum it, LOL!

[/quote]

Are you travelling by train Tangy, or should I look out for your umbrella at the Galpharm?  Standing on the train might be difficult after a visit to the Tap!

[quote user="shefcanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?"][quote user="shefcanary"]

Whats this? Shefcanary not doing a corporate away day? lol!

By railway station standards at least Sheffield is a good station to meet at.....unlike the dump at Nottingham.

BTW. people - you''re allowed to stand on a train doing 60mph.+ but not at a football ground doing 0 mph. Figure out the double standards when it comes to ''elf and safety!

[/quote]

Cheers Tangy, not that many connections in ''uddersfield so having to slum it, LOL!

Are you travelling by train Tangy, or should I look out for your umbrella at the Galpharm?  Standing on the train might be difficult after a visit to the Tap!

[/quote]

I''m being driven to the game. 

Mark 4 umbrella might make an appearance (lol!) but there a short walk between the car park behind the away stand and the entrance.

I shall be going, only half an hour or so on the train from manchester, can''t wait! Think we''ll do well to get anything from the game though

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Looks like it''s a big single-tiered stand.

[quote user="birchfest"]Got my ticket! Me and three friends are going as its one of only a couple of games I can get the train too and from again the same day. Should be a good atmosphere, the low curving roof will act like a megaphone if everyone joins in! Anyone think we will sell out the 4,000 capacity? Think we could take at least 2,000!
[/quote]

I think 4,000 is pushing it but I certainly see no reason why we won''t take 2,000 at least. It''s hardly a short journey so I''d be surprised if it got above 2,500.

Getting my ticket at the weekend.
[/quote]

While that''s true, I think it'' easy to forget how many Norwich fans there are spread about the country. I moved away from Norfolk at the beginning of this season (kept the season ticket!) and having originally wondered about the nightmare of travel, it''s been fantastic as I''ve managed to get to (or am hoping to get to) 7 or 8 away games that just wouldn''t have been logical starting from Norfolk! Fortunate enough that somehow come may I''ll have only missed 6 home league matches as well! It''s great going to an away game and being ''home'' less than 2 hours after the game has finished!

[quote user="CanaryJames"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Looks like it''s a big single-tiered stand.[quote user="birchfest"]Got my ticket! Me and three friends are going as its one of only a couple of games I can get the train too and from again the same day. Should be a good atmosphere, the low curving roof will act like a megaphone if everyone joins in! Anyone think we will sell out the 4,000 capacity? Think we could take at least 2,000![/quote]I think 4,000 is pushing it but I certainly see no reason why we won''t take 2,000 at least. It''s hardly a short journey so I''d be surprised if it got above 2,500.Getting my ticket at the weekend.[/quote]While that''s true, I think it'' easy to forget how many Norwich fans there are spread about the country. I moved away from Norfolk at the beginning of this season (kept the season ticket!) and having originally wondered about the nightmare of travel, it''s been fantastic as I''ve managed to get to (or am hoping to get to) 7 or 8 away games that just wouldn''t have been logical starting from Norfolk! Fortunate enough that somehow come may I''ll have only missed 6 home league matches as well! It''s great going to an away game and being ''home'' less than 2 hours after the game has finished![/quote]Indeed, may I add that at Leeds away which is about the same distance as huddersfield, we had about 1500 on a monday night  with it on  the TV. Huddersfield will be one of the more ''atractive'' away days and so i think it will be easily 2,000+ and it would be great if we get 3,000 +

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]I could well be going to this as well.Anyone know the away capacity at the Galpharm (sp?)?[/quote]4,000

[quote user="birchfest"]Anyone know where the ''away'' pub is? Or should I just head straight to the ground?[/quote]as a norwich fan living in huddersfield, i may be able to offer a bit of advice.STAY CLEAR OF THE WELLINGTON! notorious htafc pub. You''ll get grief and over-priced crap beerTHE VULCAN is on the way to the ground. I know the landlord pete, he''s ok with away supportersif you are travelling by train. there are 2 pubs at the station itself.THE HEAD OF STEAM one for the real ale buffs, bit pricey thoughTHE KINGS HEAD. grotty but the beers decent enough. You''ll know the place cos the pub sign is of jimi hendrix!!!THE CHERRY TREES, wetherspoons town centre pub. 5mins walk from the station. nuff said!there really is not an ''away fans'' pub as you would expect. Hope thats of some help

Heading to Huddersfield from Selby. Pubs seems to have changed a bit since I last went. (10 years ago when at Hudderfields Uni) Think they were building Kingsgate when I was leaving.

Looking forward to it.

This will be my first away game of the season. I should add I''ve never seen us take a point or even score a goal in a competetive away match, so you know who to blame in advance...

[quote user="Iwan_09"]It won''t be a problem getting tickets on the day for Hudd away will it?[/quote]No ut shouldn''t be, the Away end is an entire stand behind one goal which holds 4,000 and I think we have already sold 1,600 and have just recieved another 1,000 which we will probably just about sell which should leave quite a few left on the door... that said why not just get one now if your planing to go, just to put your mind at ease!

Sounding good. Plan to arrive about 11.30 at Sheffield Tap for a couple of sherberts to warm up the vocal chords!  When we get to ''uddersfield, the Head of Steam is certainly good for one, the King''s Head sounds intriguing too!  Will the Galpharm itself serve weak beer?Also happy to hopefully celebrate in style in Sheff on our return.  Get the genuine Yellow & Green out on the streets, rather than this guff Manure stuff that abounds at the mo'' on the streets of Sheff.

Possible place to drink is the Gas club, I went there with a Huddersfield supporting friend a couple of years ago for a game with Bristol Rovers. The beer was really cheap and its on way to ground just off Leeds road.

I was looking on internet and it does allow us away supporters in as there are some pubs in Huddersfield which don''t.

http://www.awaygrounds.com/huddersfield-town-galpharm-stadium/

Mmm, interesting - ''Uddersfield losing today means Clarky boy will wind them up for next week.  It should be a good open match which hopefully will suit us - MacNamee to have a field day!

After today we have got as good a chance as any to go there and end their home record. Also good that one of their first team will be out!

Definitely go in the Gas Club. Very small door charge (£1 I think) but v cheap bar prices, good cheap food and quite often live music as well as which ever game is on.

And Mr Birchfest, the lad who was sent off has only started 2 or 3 games in his 2 months on loan from Anfield and was not a guaranteed starter this week.

I hope you fill the away end and we witness a great game - we definitely need the points more than you after the last 2 games so hopefully we will be able to continue our excellent home run. I also hope you are crowned champions without needing any more points off us!!!!

Enjoy your day out in God''s own county..............  

And should have added; away fans welcome in Gas Club and it is the nearest watering hole to the away end excepting the horrible pub in the cinema complex which you should avoid.