Sign in to follow this  
ncfcfaithful

Huddersfield Away

Am heading up from nottingham, changing to the 11.23 from meadowhall to huddersfield then thinking of going to wetherspoons for a beer and a burger anyone else heading there?

[quote user="Trent Uni Canary"]Am heading up from nottingham, changing to the 11.23 from meadowhall to huddersfield then thinking of going to wetherspoons for a beer and a burger anyone else heading there?[/quote]

Why not just go via the main Sheffield station?

just got my tickets off thetrainline.com and it said change at meadowhall, i dont really know much about the stations around sheffield so just assumed that was the best way

''Udderfield''s new 19 year old super quick striker from Liverpooell has just been banned for 3 games. Perfect timing[:)]

[quote user="Trent Uni Canary"]just got my tickets off thetrainline.com and it said change at meadowhall, i dont really know much about the stations around sheffield so just assumed that was the best way[/quote]

Not a problem really but use  www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk Don''t know a lot about Meadowhall but there will be a fair few City fans going up from Sheffield station.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]

[quote user="Trent Uni Canary"]just got my tickets off thetrainline.com and it said change at meadowhall, i dont really know much about the stations around sheffield so just assumed that was the best way[/quote]

Not a problem really but use  www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk Don''t know a lot about Meadowhall but there will be a fair few City fans going up from Sheffield station.

[/quote]

yeah ive just done a bit of research and its just as easy to change at sheffield so we will probably do that

They use the logic that it''s easier to change trains at a 4 platform station like Meadowhall than the larger Sheffield station.

Any one else coming via Wakefield that gets in at 2? Would be great if there were a few other city fans to walk down to the ground with along with the 4 im coming with!

[quote user="togterrier"]

Definitely go in the Gas Club. Very small door charge (£1 I think) but v cheap bar prices, good cheap food and quite often live music as well as which ever game is on.

And Mr Birchfest, the lad who was sent off has only started 2 or 3 games in his 2 months on loan from Anfield and was not a guaranteed starter this week.

I hope you fill the away end and we witness a great game - we definitely need the points more than you after the last 2 games so hopefully we will be able to continue our excellent home run. I also hope you are crowned champions without needing any more points off us!!!!

Enjoy your day out in God''s own county..............  

[/quote]

Cheers togterrier confirmed what I thought. Looks like the Gas club for me.

Me and me mate are heading down for our 5th away game of the season and hopefully fifth win! :)

Anyone know what the parking is like there as one of us will have to drive?

There is parking at ground behind away end. From what I can remember if you are heading for M62 after game don''t go down Leeds Road as its like a giant car park and you can be stuck for ages. I think last time we went out one junction further back on M62 and it was quicker but you have to go away from the direction you are meant to be going but it does make sense.

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"]

Just got my tickets for the Huddersfield match.  I''m going up by train and was wondering if anyone knew how close the ground was to the train station?

Going drinking in Sheffield before the match and want to make sure i get there in time.  Any help would be appreciated...

[/quote]

I study up in Durham at the moment. I went past Huddersfield on the train on the way to Oldham the other week. You can see the ground from the station. Similiar to Norwich in that respect.

[quote user="Yarmyed"][quote user="ncfcfaithful"]

Just got my tickets for the Huddersfield match.  I''m going up by train and was wondering if anyone knew how close the ground was to the train station?

Going drinking in Sheffield before the match and want to make sure i get there in time.  Any help would be appreciated...

[/quote]

I study up in Durham at the moment. I went past Huddersfield on the train on the way to Oldham the other week. You can see the ground from the station. Similiar to Norwich in that respect.

[/quote]Im thinking, having looked at google maps, the 55 minutes between my train getting in and kick off will be more than enough to walk up there!