Sign in to follow this  
ncfcfaithful

Huddersfield Away

Just got my tickets for the Huddersfield match.  I''m going up by train and was wondering if anyone knew how close the ground was to the train station?

Going drinking in Sheffield before the match and want to make sure i get there in time.  Any help would be appreciated...

Try googling for The Football Ground Guide on the internet. It gives full details of  how to get to every ground in Britain. I''ve just checked the Huddersfield section as I am planning to go too and they give full directions for walking from the station.

I''m already planning to join Capital Canaries that are heading on the 12.36 to Huddersfield from Sheffield.  Unfortunately the trains on this route are all cattle carriers and dead slow, so don''t arrive until 13.49.  So unless you are already in Sheff the night before, there ain''t much time for drinking there.  There is a new bar at Sheff Station which has a good selection of real ales, which will save walking and boost drinking.  However happy to try and hook up if there is a move to an early start in Sheff.

[quote user="RonDavies"]Try googling for The Football Ground Guide on the internet. It gives full details of  how to get to every ground in Britain. I''ve just checked the Huddersfield section as I am planning to go too and they give full directions for walking from the station.
[/quote]

See link I posted above.

Agree, football ground guide is very helpful.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[quote user="RonDavies"]Try googling for The Football Ground Guide on the internet. It gives full details of  how to get to every ground in Britain. I''ve just checked the Huddersfield section as I am planning to go too and they give full directions for walking from the station.[/quote]

See link I posted above.

Agree, football ground guide is very helpful.

[/quote]Great minds think alike [:)]

Got my ticket! Me and three friends are going as its one of only a couple of games I can get the train too and from again the same day. Should be a good atmosphere, the low curving roof will act like a megaphone if everyone joins in! Anyone think we will sell out the 4,000 capacity? Think we could take at least 2,000!

Got my tickets today, heading over from Leeds with a mate who is coming up from Cromer. Looking forward to a few beers and a sing-song!!

[quote user="shefcanary"]

I''m already planning to join Capital Canaries that are heading on the 12.36 to Huddersfield from Sheffield.  Unfortunately the trains on this route are all cattle carriers and dead slow, so don''t arrive until 13.49.  So unless you are already in Sheff the night before, there ain''t much time for drinking there.  There is a new bar at Sheff Station which has a good selection of real ales, which will save walking and boost drinking.  However happy to try and hook up if there is a move to an early start in Sheff.

[/quote]

Might head over on this train as well then get a nice little group of Norwich fans

Cheers for the advice guys.  There are 8 of us driving up to Sheffield Saturday morning and then getting the train from there before a night on the tiles in Sheffield.

I reckon we''ll go for the pub at the station then.   A good selection of real ales will do us just fine!!

Might try and get the 12.36 too. Get some chanting on the platform going?Is the South Stand a two tiered or single tiered design? I always prefer single tier for away matches, it seems to make the atmosphere better when all the fans can see eachother. If it''s two tier, have people gone for top or bottom?

Looks like it''s a big single-tiered stand.[quote user="birchfest"]Got my ticket! Me and three friends are going as its one of only a couple of games I can get the train too and from again the same day. Should be a good atmosphere, the low curving roof will act like a megaphone if everyone joins in! Anyone think we will sell out the 4,000 capacity? Think we could take at least 2,000![/quote]I think 4,000 is pushing it but I certainly see no reason why we won''t take 2,000 at least. It''s hardly a short journey so I''d be surprised if it got above 2,500.Getting my ticket at the weekend.

[quote user="judderman"]Might try and get the 12.36 too. Get some chanting on the platform going?

Is the South Stand a two tiered or single tiered design? I always prefer single tier for away matches, it seems to make the atmosphere better when all the fans can see eachother. If it''s two tier, have people gone for top or bottom?
[/quote]

The away end is single tier and the concourse is in the open if I remember correctly.

And the roof has been built in a great way starting low and slowly

curving up! Like I said they have designed the stadium so that it can

get loud and have a great atmosphere and as a result if our fans are up

for it we can can really make ourselves heard... and we will need to as

I think this and Swindon away are the two hardest games left!

Blimey looks like there''s going to be a large posse from Sheff for this - should confuse the locals and the local police - hope Northern Rail put on an extra carriage or two.  The Sheffield Tap Station bar is not going to hold us all at this rate.  Might have to clear out the off licence section of the M&S at the Station.

[quote user="shefcanary"]

Blimey looks like there''s going to be a large posse from Sheff for this - should confuse the locals and the local police - hope Northern Rail put on an extra carriage or two.  The Sheffield Tap Station bar is not going to hold us all at this rate.  Might have to clear out the off licence section of the M&S at the Station.

[/quote]

Whats this? Shefcanary not doing a corporate away day? lol!

By railway station standards at least Sheffield is a good station to meet at.....unlike the dump at Nottingham.

BTW. people - you''re allowed to stand on a train doing 60mph.+ but not at a football ground doing 0 mph. Figure out the double standards when it comes to ''elf and safety!

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="judderman"]Might try and get the 12.36 too. Get some chanting on the platform going?Is the South Stand a two tiered or single tiered design? I always prefer single tier for away matches, it seems to make the atmosphere better when all the fans can see eachother. If it''s two tier, have people gone for top or bottom?[/quote]

The away end is single tier and the concourse is in the open if I remember correctly.

[/quote]You certainly do remember correctly Tangy.I think we have sold 2,000 plus for the game at Oldham with entry on the gate for a full allocation of up to 3,000 available.I would expect the Huddersfield game to get a Similar number if not more away fans than the Oldham game.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="judderman"]Might try and get the 12.36 too. Get some chanting on the platform going?Is the South Stand a two tiered or single tiered design? I always prefer single tier for away matches, it seems to make the atmosphere better when all the fans can see eachother. If it''s two tier, have people gone for top or bottom?[/quote]

[/quote]You certainly do remember correctly Tangy.I think we have sold 2,000 plus for the game at Oldham with entry on the gate for a full allocation of up to 3,000 available.I would expect the Huddersfield game to get a Similar number if not more away fans than the Oldham game.[/quote]

Actually..............we''ve sold 1300 for Oldham (check their OS), and as we''ve only got 1600 (the bigger half of the away end) I doubt we''ll get close to 2000!

[quote user="lmc"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]You certainly do remember correctly Tangy.I think we have sold 2,000 plus for the game at Oldham with entry on the gate for a full allocation of up to 3,000 available.I would expect the Huddersfield game to get a Similar number if not more away fans than the Oldham game.[/quote]

Actually..............we''ve sold 1300 for Oldham (check their OS), and as we''ve only got 1600 (the bigger half of the away end) I doubt we''ll get close to 2000![/quote]I have seen there website and believe it to be full of crap.I was told yesterday by a NCFC official in the ticket office that we have sold approx 2,000 and been allocated 3,000.The stand we are in has two sections (one holds 1,600 and the other 3,000), we have been given the larger section.I would be very surprised if there is less than 2,000 there.  We have a fair number of fans based in the North West.

On Football Ground Guide site under visiting supporters section it says stand is split between 3000 for large bit and 1600 for small bit.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/oldham_athletic/