Sign in to follow this  
dpit

Have we just gambled everything?

Only a thought, but by resisting the offers we must have received for key players over the last week or so, have we effectively put everything on the table in an "all or bust" gamble? Go up and we''ll be able to move forward, stay down and it''s administration, minus 10 points and a prolonged stay in Div 3.

Please don''t sue me.

Rumors from day one were that the boards whole goal this season was"Championship or Bust"Thats one of the key reasons why we got Lambert on board etc.Who knows what offeres we did or didnt recive.Id reckon we had maybe an enquiry or two on Chris Martin and maybe some more solid Interest in Hoolhan.Think Holt would have avoided interest due to age and the fact hes loving life at Norwich.

[quote user="dpit"]

Only a thought, but by resisting the offers we must have received for key players over the last week or so, have we effectively put everything on the table in an "all or bust" gamble? Go up and we''ll be able to move forward, stay down and it''s administration, minus 10 points and a prolonged stay in Div 3.

Please don''t sue me.

[/quote]

Yes, that''s more or less it in a nutshell.

[quote user="dpit"]

Please don''t sue me.

[/quote]Even if we fail to gain promotion our saleble assets will not change much. Holt will still have scored 30ish goals Martin will be 20+ and Wes will still be a midfield wizard. Sell them now and we will undoubtedly stay in Div 3 and the fund from their sales will be soaked up in debt payments and stabilizing the club finances in order to allow for a prolonged stay in Div 3 due to poor cheap replacements.If it is an all or bust gamble which I doubt then I say good on them cos the alternative is what? Exactly. 

Think about it if it hadnt  been for those key players like grant holt , wes  hoolahan etc  that we would  not be in the position  where we are now, life is a gamble you take a  gamble  buying  a house you never  know  if you will be  able to afford  to keep it if you lose  your  job do you ? so I say  keep the players that have  got us where we are then WHEN we are promoted and  then you will get the financial rewards that promtion  brings

[quote user="First Wizard"]I believe its called backing your manager.[/quote]Exactly. Even if it is a gamble, I fancy it to come off anyway! We WILL go up this year- and you can add that to your signatures!