Sign in to follow this  
Appletonandy

Recommended books?

[quote user="Ten Years Ahead Of His Time"]A season with Verona by Tim Parks is also very good.[/quote]Actually enjoyed by a football-indifferent woman friend of mine, which probably counts as the highest form of recommendation possible.Also excellent is The Goalkeeper''s History of Britain, by Peter Chapman. Like all the best sports books (such as the peerless Beyond A Boundary) is about much more than the sport itself.

[quote user="Appletonandy"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Essex canary"]

I also have the EDP book The  Norwich City Story  which is fantastic

[/quote]It''s not quite what you said you were looking for, but I would too recommend this book. You might find it of more lasting interest than a fan''s book.[/quote]

Sounds good, is it easy to get hold of?

[/quote]It is available on Amazon, if you use that. Otherwise I suggest either bookshops in Norwich or more specifically the EDP (as publishers) or David Cuffley (as author).

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Appletonandy"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Essex canary"]

I also have the EDP book The  Norwich City Story  which is fantastic

[/quote]

It''s not quite what you said you were looking for, but I would too recommend this book. You might find it of more lasting interest than a fan''s book.

[/quote]

Sounds good, is it easy to get hold of?

[/quote]

It is available on Amazon, if you use that. Otherwise I suggest either bookshops in Norwich or more specifically the EDP (as publishers) or David Cuffley (as author).[/quote]

Cheers Purple, just found it on Amazon.

On The Ball City....out of print but worth seeking out in a 2nd hand shop. Published 1972 and the Club''s history to that point. Also Kevin Keelan''s biography by Philip Webster. Kev was a legend, his antics make Iwan''s anecdotes seem very tame. Random quote: (after promotion in 1972) "We stayed up all night polishing off a couple of bottles of whisky. At about 8am, I collapsed into bed only to be woken after half an hour by someone bringing a bottle of champagne into my room." He goes on to say he wasn''t sober for days (they had another game soon afterwards). Good read.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]

I was going to recommend ''How to run a Print Farming business'' by Smudger by it failed to get to the printers.

[/quote]oh dear, oh dear... still bitter I see?  [:$]Life goes on and maybe you should try to???

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]

I was going to recommend ''How to run a Print Farming business'' by Smudger by it failed to get to the printers.

[/quote]

You ought to try running your own business in the print industry matey… not a pleasant experience in this day and age, take my word for it.

By the way, what do you do for a living? Is it secure? Any chance of redundancy in the not too distant future?

Try running your own company, see if you can succeed at it and then come back on here and take the piss when you have!

I love the bravado of the web… saying things that you just wouldn''t get away with/dare try in normal society.

I''m not a Smudger apologist, he seems perfectly capable of looking after himself, but remarks like yours just seems so utterly puerile and pointless.

Sorry for the hijack, but FFS, some people…!