Sign in to follow this  
Bexley

Hartlepool officials blaming us for their fans being locked out on Saturday

no its their fault what idiot turns up to a game as a far away has hartlepool knowing the game always sells out without a ticket. There is a new invention the telephone you look on another new invention the world wide web find your ticket office number and then use the telephone to ring that number and buy a ticket. They also turned up to charlton after the game being called off two days prior.

I wouldn''t think so, NCFC offer their club a set amount of tickets, if they only choose say 250, then that''s their look out, they could have had 2,000, but it''s not what HFC chose.

Why should we pay for those fans who came to CR off their own back?

[quote user="The Pig Will Eat You"]I reckon they have a case to sue us, if we said they could pay on the day.
[/quote]

yes we did say it was pay on the day but its not like their are going to be 15k tickets on the gate is it?

Why should they have to phone & check when their club was told by our that tickets woud be available on the day? Who exactly shoud lthey have phoned?

Take your affiliations out of this & think what woudl be best if the shoe was on the other foot. If I went to Hartlepool having been told I could pay on the day, only to find out that I couldn''t & had had a wasted journey, I''d bloody well want to be reimbursed! Wouldn''t you?  

[quote user="Bexley"]

Why should they have to phone & check when their club was told by our that tickets woud be available on the day? Who exactly shoud lthey have phoned?

Take your affiliations out of this & think what woudl be best if the shoe was on the other foot. If I went to Hartlepool having been told I could pay on the day, only to find out that I couldn''t & had had a wasted journey, I''d bloody well want to be reimbursed! Wouldn''t you?  

[/quote]

I would always ring with their ticket office to make sure, or I would pre-book tickets.  I''m not daft enough to travel all that way without cast iron guarantees of me having a ticket already on my person, or to pick up at the ticket office.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Bexley"]

[/quote]

I would always ring with their ticket office to make sure, or I would pre-book tickets.  I''m not daft enough to travel all that way without cast iron guarantees of me having a ticket already on my person, or to pick up at the ticket office.

[/quote]

I''ve phoned up our ticket office loads of times to ask about tickets for away matches & been told you can pay on the day. I haven''t then thought "Hmmm, best phone up the opposition ticket office to double check that what I''ve been told is the truth"

lol the amount of tickets availible to pool fans was decided by HARTLEPOOL. They opted for 500 so if they sell 450 THEY should tell THEIR fans it was pay on the gat but only 50 remaining. If its pay on the day and you take the risk of travelling without a ticket you cant think that there is going to be unlimited amount of tickets in a sell out stadium week in week out.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Bexley"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Why?  they were told they could pay on the day according to Hartlepools

[quote user="Bexley"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Bexley"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ve phoned up our ticket office loads of times to ask about tickets for away matches & been told you can pay on the day. I haven''t then thought "Hmmm, best phone up the opposition ticket office to double check that what I''ve been told is the truth"

[/quote]

Why not?  It''s what I do when I travel away.

It''s not too difficult to pick a phone up and spare 5 minutes of your time.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Get a grip ffs.

There were empty seats in the away area, why would NC compensate them anything when I know full well spare seats were available?

[/quote]

So what if there were empty seats? They weren''t a lot of good to the fans outside that weren''t allowed to pay to to get in.

[quote user="The Pig Will Eat You"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Bexley"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why?  they were told they could pay on the day according to Hartlepools
[/quote]

Yes and some HFC fans did pay on the day.

And the NOTW have said we are in administration, and that really as of last week our club would fold.  Just because someone said it, it doesn''t make it true lol

[quote user="Bexley"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Get a grip ffs.

There were empty seats in the away area, why would NC compensate them anything when I know full well spare seats were available?

[/quote]

So what if there were empty seats? They weren''t a lot of good to the fans outside that weren''t allowed to pay to to get in.

[/quote]

Are you a Hartlepool fan?

[quote user="morty"]Sorry, but I don''t care.

There, I said it.
[/quote]

agreed anyone spending that amount of money to travel without a ticket when it is a 5minute task to buy a ticket deserves nothing.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="morty"]Sorry, but I don''t care.There, I said it.[/quote]

Exactly lol but I reckon Bexley is a secret HFC fan [;)]

[/quote]Lol, possibly.I''m sorry, but as has been said before, check before you travel.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="The Pig Will Eat You"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Bexley"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Why?  they were told they could pay on the day according to Hartlepools[/quote]

Yes and some HFC fans did pay on the day.

And the NOTW have said we are in administration, and that really as of last week our club would fold.  Just because someone said it, it doesn''t make it true lol

[/quote]NOTW said we could go into administration and City said Harlepools fans could pay on the day.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="morty"]Sorry, but I don''t care.

There, I said it.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol, possibly.

I''m sorry, but as has been said before, check before you travel.
[/quote]

Christ alive I would never travel that distance without a ticket.  It''s not hard to buy a ticket over the phone, so you know 100% before travelling you have a seat.

Well I do care. This was totally avoidable, a real shame for those involved and very embarrasing. Makes us look like muppets at best. At the very least I hope they learn from this and if what is on the pools site is correct they should be offering compensation (free tickets for our next home game probably would not go down well though!)

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="morty"]Sorry, but I don''t care.There, I said it.[/quote]

[/quote]Lol, possibly.I''m sorry, but as has been said before, check before you travel.[/quote]

Christ alive I would never travel that distance without a ticket.  It''s not hard to buy a ticket over the phone, so you know 100% before travelling you have a seat.

[/quote]Its like we are being moaned at for not turning the clock back 20 years just because we got relegated. And of course, its all big, bad Norwich''s fault. I think if the club had done anything wrong then they would probably hold their hands up. I looked in the thread on their message board and it took about 5 pages before they could be convinced that we don''t actually have an away end as such.

[quote user="Suffolk exile"]

Well I do care. This was totally avoidable, a real shame for those involved and very embarrasing. Makes us look like muppets at best. At the very least I hope they learn from this and if what is on the pools site is correct they should be offering compensation (free tickets for our next home game probably would not go down well though!)

[/quote]They''ll get nowt, we''re not made of money.Maybe they will learn from this and check before they travel, or maybe plan ahead and actually pre order a ticket.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Suffolk exile"]

[/quote]

They''ll get nowt, we''re not made of money.

Maybe they will learn from this and check before they travel, or maybe plan ahead and actually pre order a ticket.

[/quote]

Bloody lot of whiners in this league ffs.

[quote user="Suffolk exile"]

[/quote]

And what if what''s on their site is not correct?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Suffolk exile"]

[/quote]

And what if what''s on their site is not correct?

[/quote]There were tickets made available on the day, they sold out.I really don''t see what the argument is.I''m sure we never actually said how many tickets would be available as that can''t be predicted when we get so close to selling out most games. They''ll have their moan and I suspect next time they go away they will check before they travel.