Sign in to follow this  
DiOn4pM

Unfair Treatment

....To Simon Whaley, dont really think he got much of a chance. Yes he was bad at the start of the season, but who wasn''t?. Then when Lambert came in i dont remember him playing other than Sunderland? I think the main reason he left was due to a bust up with Lambert at a reserve game, i think...? I still think he could have done a job as cover for the 1st team as Mcnamee is doing now, would have saved a lot of money.

My guess is Mr Lambert, who saw him in training every day, and received reports of how he was doing on loan deemed him surplus to requirements. If the main reason he left was a bust up then you can cite his temperament as well as his crapness as reasons.[:)]

[quote user="DiOn4pM"]....To Simon Whaley, dont really think he got much of a chance. Yes he was bad at the start of the season, but who wasn''t?. Then when Lambert came in i dont remember him playing other than Sunderland? I think the main reason he left was due to a bust up with Lambert at a reserve game, i think...? I still think he could have done a job as cover for the 1st team as Mcnamee is doing now, would have saved a lot of money.[/quote]

i agree, i guess his personality didnbt fit! shame really, a manager like Lambert would have got the best out of him!

[quote user="morty"]

My guess is Mr Lambert, who saw him in training every day, and received reports of how he was doing on loan deemed him surplus to requirements. If the main reason he left was a bust up then you can cite his temperament as well as his crapness as reasons.

[:)]

[/quote]

I would just like to see him play a few games in a good team, maybe as a sub for the main reason to save money, its not like were rolling in at the mo.

[quote user="DiOn4pM"]

[quote user="morty"]My guess is Mr Lambert, who saw him in training every day, and received reports of how he was doing on loan deemed him surplus to requirements. If the main reason he left was a bust up then you can cite his temperament as well as his crapness as reasons.[:)]

[/quote]

I would just like to see him play a few games in a good team, maybe as a sub for the main reason to save money, its not like were rolling in at the mo.

[/quote]If he wasn''t good enough he wasn''t good enough. He was on loan at a league below and they didn''t want him either. I really don''t think he will pop up at a rival team and set the league alight and we will be kicking ourselves for letting him go.Maybe our new men in charge drive a harder bargain when it comes to wages and Macnamee is on less money?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="DiOn4pM"]

[quote user="morty"]My guess is Mr Lambert, who saw him in training every day, and received reports of how he was doing on loan deemed him surplus to requirements. If the main reason he left was a bust up then you can cite his temperament as well as his crapness as reasons.[:)]

[/quote]

[/quote]If he wasn''t good enough he wasn''t good enough. He was on loan at a league below and they didn''t want him either. I really don''t think he will pop up at a rival team and set the league alight and we will be kicking ourselves for letting him go.Maybe our new men in charge drive a harder bargain when it comes to wages and Macnamee is on less money?[/quote]

who knows!! but rochdale are romping away so he cant be doing to bad!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="morty"][quote user="DiOn4pM"]

[quote user="morty"]

My guess is Mr Lambert, who saw him in training every day, and received reports of how he was doing on loan deemed him surplus to requirements. If the main reason he left was a bust up then you can cite his temperament as well as his crapness as reasons.

[/quote]

[/quote]

If he wasn''t good enough he wasn''t good enough. He was on loan at a league below and they didn''t want him either. I really don''t think he will pop up at a rival team and set the league alight and we will be kicking ourselves for letting him go.

Maybe our new men in charge drive a harder bargain when it comes to wages and Macnamee is on less money?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah i noticed he scored a few goals aswell, I thought at the least we could sell him to them, get a bit of the 250k back! (not sure about the price?)

[/quote]

[/quote]If he wasn''t good enough he wasn''t good enough. He was on loan at a league below and they didn''t want him either. I really don''t think he will pop up at a rival team and set the league alight and we will be kicking ourselves for letting him go.Maybe our new men in charge drive a harder bargain when it comes to wages and Macnamee is on less money?[/quote]

who knows!! but rochdale are romping away so he cant be doing to bad![/quote]Is he still there then?

I think its more the fact that he really didn''t wanna be here the clubs that he was loaned to where northern and im pretty sure that you will find the next club he signs for will be northern. He may be a good player for someone else but that someone else will be from more northerly latitudes than ours. A big question over he mentality which is why he could not play for us.

[quote user="DiOn4pM"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="morty"][quote user="DiOn4pM"]

[/quote]

who knows!! but rochdale are romping away so he cant be doing to bad![/quote]

Yeah i noticed he scored a few goals aswell, I thought at the least we could sell him to them, get a bit of the 250k back! (not sure about the price?)

[/quote]

it would have been the wages!

[quote user="Clean Shirt"]I think its more the fact that he really didn''t wanna be here the clubs that he was loaned to where northern and im pretty sure that you will find the next club he signs for will be northern. He may be a good player for someone else but that someone else will be from more northerly latitudes than ours. A big question over he mentality which is why he could not play for us.[/quote]People like him would do well to consult some sort of atlas before signing a contract then lol.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="morty"][quote user="DiOn4pM"]

[quote user="morty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If he wasn''t good enough he wasn''t good enough. He was on loan at a league below and they didn''t want him either. I really don''t think he will pop up at a rival team and set the league alight and we will be kicking ourselves for letting him go.

Maybe our new men in charge drive a harder bargain when it comes to wages and Macnamee is on less money?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Is he still there then?
[/quote]

No, he had another loan spell at Bradford and now he is a free agent.Playing with confidence and in a good team he could be a good player, as shown when he burst on the scene at Preston with the likes of Nugent.

He was rubbish.Was part of the opening day debacle and he was equally if not more cupable than Ostsemobor on the right hand side. His other appearance that i witnessed in the JPT against Brentford did nothing to change my mind. He tracked back only when he felt like it and rarely made himself available for the ball.

[quote user="DiOn4pM"][quote user="morty"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="morty"][quote user="DiOn4pM"]

[/quote]

who knows!! but rochdale are romping away so he cant be doing to bad![/quote]Is he still there then?[/quote]

No, he had another loan spell at Bradford and now he is a free agent.Playing with confidence and in a good team he could be a good player, as shown when he burst on the scene at Preston with the likes of Nugent.

[/quote]I have to say though I trust Lambo''s opinion more than yours though lol.

No League 2 side was ever going to be able to afford to pay a fee for him on top of his wages, hence the termination of his contract through mutual consent. We got him off of the wage bill and he now stands a better chance of finding a club who can sign.

[quote user="Henry"]He was rubbish.

Was part of the opening day debacle and he was equally if not more cupable than Ostsemobor on the right hand side. His other appearance that i witnessed in the JPT against Brentford did nothing to change my mind. He tracked back only when he felt like it and rarely made himself available for the ball.
[/quote]

In the Col U game Michael Nelson was terrible, and the likes of the doc, Drury, Hoolahan, Holt and Martin all played.

[quote user="DiOn4pM"]

[quote user="Henry"]He was rubbish.

Was part of the opening day debacle and he was equally if not more cupable than Ostsemobor on the right hand side. His other appearance that i witnessed in the JPT against Brentford did nothing to change my mind. He tracked back only when he felt like it and rarely made himself available for the ball.
[/quote]

In the Col U game Michael Nelson was terrible, and the likes of the doc, Drury, Hoolahan, Holt and Martin all played.

[/quote]

Whaley openly said Lambert wanted him to work to hard as far as he was concerned. And it wasn''t  good enough as far as Lambert was concerned so goodby, pack your bags pal Or do we keep him and hope he puts one good match in during his contract

Wow, Lambert clearly just cant win with some people can he? Lambert comes in, drops/offloads some players, makes some excellent new signings and the team surges to the top of the league and you want to moan that Simon Whaley was treated unfairly? Honestly if you are bothered about this then count yourself lucky that you''ve got nothing serious or worthwhile to be worried about. The clubs doing so well but some people feel the need to allways moan about some tosh. Oh and lets face it, Whaley is utter sh#t anyway!

[/quote]

[/quote]If he wasn''t good enough he wasn''t good enough. He was on loan at a league below and they didn''t want him either. I really don''t think he will pop up at a rival team and set the league alight and we will be kicking ourselves for letting him go.Maybe our new men in charge drive a harder bargain when it comes to wages and Macnamee is on less money?[/quote]Whaley has contributed about as much to Rochdale being top of the League as i have to building the great wall of China!

who knows!! but rochdale are romping away so he cant be doing to bad![/quote]

Fantastic decision by Lambert. Sends out a message to the players that it''s all about working hard and playing your part in a team. If you do anything to upset the balance, morale, work ethic, out you go...... complete waste of money by Gunn who should have listened to what the previous PNE manager thought of Whaley!

Was never going to get in the team and did nothing to fight for his place.