Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Delia through the decades

Did anyone watch it last night?

I''ve just watched it on iplayer as it features what she did through the 90''s and obviously thats when Saint Delia [:|] bought our club. I really really wish I hadnt now! What an absolute joke!

Its main points:

1. We havent had much success since she took over but the catering at the club is 3rd best in all of Europe- woop de bloody doo!

2. She has ploughed 11 million of her own money in. Gotta like her for that at the very least.

Yes I''m grateful for the money that shes given NCFC but it was almost as though her mantra is ''f*ck the football, we want to focus about cooking at the club''!

That seems to be changing with McNally in charge however [Y] Maybe I''m just over-reacting but when I saw her attitude to the 1-7 mauling it was as though she wasnt at all bothered. I hope I''m wrong.

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "]

I''ve just watched it on iplayer as it features what she did through the 90''s and obviously thats when Saint Delia [:|] bought our club. I really really wish I hadnt now! What an absolute joke!

Its main points:

1. We havent had much success since she took over but the catering at the club is 3rd best in all of Europe- woop de bloody doo!

2. She has ploughed 11 million of her own money in. Gotta like her for that at the very least.

Yes I''m grateful for the money that shes given NCFC but it was almost as though her mantra is ''f*ck the football, we want to focus about cooking at the club''!

That seems to be changing with McNally in charge however [Y] Maybe I''m just over-reacting but when I saw her attitude to the 1-7 mauling it was as though she wasnt at all bothered. I hope I''m wrong.

[/quote]

I think this all a bit harsh frankly. What did you expect the focus of a program about Delia to be? It''s obviously going to be cooking isn''t it?

The standard of the catering at the club is something to be proud of, success on the pitch and good facilities (which must generate us money) are not mutually exclusive. It''s a shame we haven''t had the success, but I feel we''re on the right track now.

Also, I didn''t see her displaying an attitude towards the 1-7 mauling, I saw a few clips of the game and a few shots of her looking excited (which could have been from any part of the match).

It was a cooking program ultimately, not an assessment of her ability to run a football club.

Your resume΄ of the programme was unfair and mis-judged. It was a programme about her contribution to popular cooking through the medium of television, through the last few decades.

Yes, the mention of NCFC was brief, but it was important that it was included. For all of the arguments for and against Delia’s contribution to our great club, nobody can question here commitment and passion. The figure of £11 million is staggering so I think we can forgive the genuine mistakes that she may have made as majority shareholder.

Let’s look forward. We are where we are. Trust the new Board to get it right, working with or without Delia as a central character.

I agree with that entirely, I think it accords with what I''ve said too.

I think football fans are pretty ungrateful as a rule, that''s an awful lot of money and a massive proportion of her wealth I understand.

Her main failing, in my opinion, was not realising soon enough that the board, made up of her, MWJ, Doomy and Munby didn''t really know how to run a football club. There''s no shame in not knowing how to run the club, but a lot of the damage would have been avoided had she realised that sooner.

Looking at other clubs who have rich backers from overseas who don''t have any affiliation makes me realise that it''s not what I want for my club.

Delia may be unpopular with many fans, but I''m not really sure what the alternative is.

I think she has made some ''honest'' mistakes but I can accept them because overall she has ploughed serious money into the club.

I dont want a middle east millionaire running our club as their 5 min wonder of a new toy! At least Delia has the club at heart and thats good enough for me...no-ones perfect!!!

As someone else said....lets go forward....the futures yellow

OTBC 

Its main points:

[/quote]Blimey CT, you''re a bigger tit than I gave you credit for! Firstly her involvement in the running of the club was featured for less than a few minutes before moving onto her involvement in the catering side. Why? Because the programme is about her catering career, not Norwich City Football Club. Hardly surprising then that they made a point of mentioning that City''s catering is the third best in Europe and didn''t go into any detail about the club''s successes and failures. Deary me. [:S]

Given what Notts County, Portsmouth, Liverpool, Man Utd, Cystal Palace, QPR (and on and on and on and on and on) have gone through & are doing through, I''m extremely grateful to Delia & Michael for their support. I admit to going through phases (relegations, Gunn, Cullum affair) where I thought she should go but actually had she been helped more by the likes of Doomcaster & co, we''d (and I include Delia & Michael in the term "WE") not be in the position we currently are....

She supports the club, the restaurant makes us money, she has given us money, the club has vastly improved it''s fan base since she has been involved.... Onwards & upwards I say.....

[quote user="First Wizard"]

If she''s still got a pulse I think I would.[;)]

[img]http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01523/Delia_1523184c.jpg[/img]

[/quote]Is this a sign of a thaw in your relationship with Delia at all levels, Wiz, or is it purely sexual?

[quote user="Hackney Canary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

If she''s still got a pulse I think I would.[;)]

[img]http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01523/Delia_1523184c.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

Is this a sign of a thaw in your relationship with Delia at all levels, Wiz, or is it purely sexual?
[/quote]

A very very tiny, itsi bitsi thaw Hackney, but don''t spread it about eh?[;)]

She''s had 7 bloody decades too many in my view.........

It''s an absolute scandal which one day will be seen for what it is..... but of course there will be hardly a man/woman left standing who will admit to being so foolishly hoodwinked by it all.

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

It''s an absolute scandal which one day will be seen for what it is..... but of course there will be hardly a man/woman left standing who will admit to being so foolishly hoodwinked by it all.

[/quote]Don''t you get disappointed that no one bites any more?[:(]

Its main points:

[/quote]

That 11 million has been turned into shares! Worth a bit more then that now!

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

I was tempted to bite back, given the pathetic and tired views expressed by Cluck. I''ve decided it''s not worth it.

I''ve watched the whole series so far and really enjoyed because I''ve always liked Delia as a cook. As last night''s episode was in the 90''s, it was inevitable that her part in NCFC would get a mention, especially with Stephen Fry narrating. However, the programme was about her success as a cook. Any programme about her is invariably going to include something about City because of her involvement. Maybe things aren''t as great here as everyone would like them to be but we''re heading in the right direction and there are a lot of clubs who are up the creak without a paddle because of their foreign investment. I''m glad we haven''t had the likes of the Yanks at Man Utd invest here. What is wrong with having a successful catering side of the club? Bet the fans at Barcelona aren''t bitching because their ground has the best catering facilities at a football club in Europe. (Mentioned in my current blog - yes an unashamed plug!) The ground is here 365 days a year, costing money, and it''s a great way to get business and, therefore, money into the coffers.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

Don''t you get disappointed that no one bites any more?

[:(]
[/quote]

Unlike some on here I care not a jot either way.....

Having little chums and seeking "popularity" has never held my interest....

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]Don''t you get disappointed that no one bites any more?[:(][/quote]

[/quote]

Clucky i would ask them who mock your statement what legacy Wynn-jones and Smith will leave????? Apart from debt and club so badly run her best signing in 11 odd years was Mcnally and Bowkett!

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]Lol, clearly.[;)]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Clucky i would ask them who mock your statement what legacy Wynn-jones and Smith will leave????? Apart from debt and club so badly run her best signing in 11 odd years was Mcnally and Bowkett!
[/quote]

There are dogs and sheep on a farm .......A dog works by instinct and intelligence.... whereas a sheep needs to be led.

I suspect you also prefer to eat bones rather than grass CANARYCHARGE...... [Y]

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

Clucky i would ask them who mock your statement what legacy Wynn-jones and Smith will leave????? Apart from debt and club so badly run her best signing in 11 odd years was Mcnally and Bowkett![/quote]

There are dogs and sheep on a farm .......A dog works by instinct and intelligence....[/quote]

And can''t resist sniffing arseholes and humping people''s legs.  Guess you are all dog.

WITS I completely agree, I''m a chef and some of her recipes have worked fantastically for me over the years

The TV show was about her success as the first Celeb chef and how she changed the face of the food industry.

If it wasn''t for Delia you may never have heard of a Cranberry!! think about that before you slate her... :O)

God bless Delia

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There are dogs and sheep on a farm .......A dog works by instinct and intelligence....[/quote]

And can''t resist sniffing arseholes and humping people''s legs.  Guess you are all dog.
[/quote]

And who rattled your particular pen lightweight?

Go rub your little horn and make yourself useful.........

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

Clucky i would ask them who mock your statement what legacy Wynn-jones and Smith will leave????? Apart from debt and club so badly run her best signing in 11 odd years was Mcnally and Bowkett![/quote]

And can''t resist sniffing arseholes and humping people''s legs.  Guess you are all dog.[/quote]

[/quote]I think you''re the alter ego of Mello Yello.

IMO some people fail to see the difference from Delia the TV cook and Delia the majority shareholder.TV cook Delia was/is ace especially 70s & 80sMajority shareholder Delia has gone a little past her best.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you''re the alter ego of Mello Yello.

[/quote]

I wasn''t aware you had the ability to think.....