Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

Re: Next England Captain??

[quote user="morty"]As long as he brings the world cup home he can shag his pet dog in his spare time as far as I am concerned.
[/quote]SPOT ON[Y]  who really give a chit??? he is only human at the end of the day...and isnt it fact She had already split from W.Bridge!!!! Yes he has done the dirty on his wife but chit happens....as long as it doesnt affect his footbal his personal life is his iwn to do with what he wishes

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="morty"]As long as he brings the world cup home he can shag his pet dog in his spare time as far as I am concerned.[/quote]SPOT ON[Y]  who really give a chit??? he is only human at the end of the day...and isnt it fact She had already split from W.Bridge!!!! Yes he has done the dirty on his wife but chit happens....as long as it doesnt affect his footbal his personal life is his iwn to do with what he wishes[/quote]I agree.Though obviously I don''t condone beastiality, it was just to illustrate the point you made.[:)]

Capello has apparently telephoned Wayne Bridge and told him that JT has lost the Captain''s armband and would he mind having a good look under his bed.

Didnt Terry also get caught parking his car in a disabled parking spot ?Thats almost as low as scuppering you best mates bird.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-539397/100-000-week-football-star-John-Terry-ignores-60-fine-park-disabled-spot.html

I couldnt really take to the guy before the Bridge carry on, but JT''s got balls.

Mentally and Physically hes just ''got it'' Nothing seems to effect his perfomance on the pitch.

For 4 months he was rattling his team mates mrs/ex mrs and his seemed never seemed to drop. He even scored the winning goal on Saturday, the day his marriage ended.

He''d still be class on the pitch, but will his presence efftect any of his team mates performances?

While he is still the man for the job, he has to do the honourable thing and stand down.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Capello has apparently telephoned Wayne Bridge and told him that JT has lost the Captain''s armband and would he mind having a good look under his bed.

[/quote]

Best one ive heard!

Unfortunately most of the senior players are tainted to some degree, most with alleged affairs, apart from Glen Johnson who accepted a police caution for nicking a toilet seat & Scouse hero Steven Gerrard who was acquitted of affray by a Scouse jury. The only two untainted players from Fabio''s favoured eleven are Gareth Barry & Emile Heskey and neither can exactly be guarenteed a starting place.I''ve always felt Owen Hargreaves would be a good captain, unfortunately his legs seem to have fallen off. Joe Hart is a big game player and has the makings of a captain but is too young. As for players that shouldn''t be captain: Gerrard was captain that fateful night against Croatia, and he was nowhere to be seen. Rooney needs to concentrate on being a striker, if he had the arm band he''d try to do everybody elses job even more than he does now.John Terry is without doubt the best natural captain we have. If the captaincy is being picked on footballing grounds the choice is simple. If it''s being pick on other criterion then someone like Michael Carrick should get it - he''s not a leader, but he does seem to be clean.

Carrick would be a good choice if he were likly to start, which he wont, in fact its possible he might not even be in the squad.

John Cole and Gareth Barry appear to be squeaky clean, byt neither appear to be leaders on the pitch.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Carrick would be a good choice if he were likly to start, which he wont, in fact its possible he might not even be in the squad.

John Cole and Gareth Barry appear to be squeaky clean, byt neither appear to be leaders on the pitch.[/quote]I still can''t believe Barry gets in the team ahead of Carrick, if Barry wasn''t left-footed he wouldn''t be anywhere near the England team. If he were fit, I''d pick Hargreaves.

I don''t think the England captain has to be a saint, but he does need to have the respect of his team mates. Only when the England squad get together next will Capello know the true mood in the England camp. But I do think the amount of attention we pay to the England captain is a bit odd, most other international teams do make such a deal over it.

Actually...Lets just give the captains armband to some random fan in a mass poll..dont want to shake up the National pride but as a nation we always bottle it, so might as well not plan on us winning the World Cup.Ive got to admit that i get a certain cynical laugh when we get kicked out of any major competition cos frankly we are crap ! :)

Typical England. Just as we all think 2010 could be the year, something goes wrong. Cant beleive JT has been such an idiot. Nearly every one in the team has had an affair or been arrested.

Personally, i think Gareth Barry would do a decent job, seems to be starting quite regularly and is a fairly solid performer, but i think he may prompt for Rooney because of his effort and commitment every game, i would just hope it doesn''t affect his performances.

Capello has a massive decision to make, whoch ever way he choses he will probably lose out. Nice to see the FA have bottled it and siad its entirely up to him.

Capello will let him keep the armband, because that is the only sensible to do.A decision based on what he does on the field, not what he does with his willy off of it.

Agreed Morty, i think he should keep the armband because he is the best man for the job.

Trouble is the media stirring it up. I read a comment from a rag on sunday (not NOTW)

''imagine the world cup semi final, 1-1 with Brazil, 5 minutes to go, Terry huddles everyone together, "listen lads we need to stick together, do this for the team etc" and Wayne Bridge shouts you hypocrit and punches him''

As i said he cant win, either way. He either strips our most natural leader of his armband and appoints someone who probably doesn''t really want it OR he gets slaughtered by the media for sticking by him. Saying that though, they dont seem to be giving Ancelotti a hard time for standing by him. hmmm

Pisses me off.

No one seems to remember that Ferdinand was banned for not turning up to a drugs test, numerous times. The probable reason for that is clearly that he was guilty. Yet some how he''s in the running to be England Captain.

Dwayne Chambers isn''t even allowed to represent his country for not passing a drugs test. Why should Ferdinand be captain?

When Ashley Cole got stopped doing 104mph in a 50 mph limit he was asked why he was driving so fast,

he replied John Terry is round my house.....

[quote user="jed exodous"]Agreed Morty, i think he should keep the armband because he is the best man for the job.

Trouble is the media stirring it up. I read a comment from a rag on sunday (not NOTW)

''imagine the world cup semi final, 1-1 with Brazil, 5 minutes to go, Terry huddles everyone together, "listen lads we need to stick together, do this for the team etc" and Wayne Bridge shouts you hypocrit and punches him''

As i said he cant win, either way. He either strips our most natural leader of his armband and appoints someone who probably doesn''t really want it OR he gets slaughtered by the media for sticking by him. Saying that though, they dont seem to be giving Ancelotti a hard time for standing by him. hmmm[/quote]The most concerning part of this HAS to be Wayne Bridge''s inclusion in an England starting XI