Sign in to follow this  
Bill

If we win this league we get sweet FA

Whereas the winners of the FA Premier league get nearly £15m.

Two years ago League 1 paid £25,000 to the winners and £10,000 to the runners up.

Doubt if it has gone up much since, so perhaps we can have collecting buckets out when the open top bus parade goes round.

It might help......

I am sorry, but that simply cannot be true. For winning the second proper round of the FA cup, you get £28,000. So you are surely wrong. Any source?

[quote user="AndyWhyteUK"]Surely that link can''t be right because it''d mean L1 gets half what Champ does (fair enough) but L2 gets the same as L1.[/quote]What does it say that you get for winning L1 and L2 in FM10 ?

I''ve mentioned many times already this season that i didn''t think promotion to the Champ would actually mean a lot to us financially since our gates won''t/can''t get any higher and there''s not a huge difference in TV revenues.

I certainly don''t expect the winners of the lower leagues (inc Champ) to get much. In fact, i don''t suppose promoted teams in the Champ should get anything from the football league since they''re going to the premier league and on their way to £30m!!

You''ll all have the pride of wearing the "Division Three Champions" (available from Delia''s overpriced club shop) tee-shirts on holiday won''t you?

A proud boast indeed........

I believe there''s a ''gentleman''s agreement'' that the losers in the playoff finals keep all the gate receipts.

Least that''s what with us against Birmingham. Not sure about Div 1 and 2

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

You''ll all have the pride of wearing the "Division Three Champions" (available from Delia''s overpriced club shop) tee-shirts on holiday won''t you?

[/quote]It''s the best we can do this season Cluck.  What will Ipswich have, I wonder ?...

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

It''s the best we can do this season Cluck.  What will Ipswich have, I wonder ?...
[/quote]

I suspect the Ipswich fans are already composing a list of songs relating to our humiliating relegation......[;)]

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

I suspect the Ipswich fans are already composing a list of songs relating to our humiliating relegation......[;)]

[/quote]I hope they are marches or waltzes, anything else assumes that the poor loves can count to 4...  Although you could get away with a count-in of "1,2,3,many" I suppose....

humiliating ?

Inevitable is the word I think you are looking for.

You''ve had to sack your coach, close your town centre shop, sack your marketing director, offload numerous players on loans just to scrape together enough coppers to be able to afford a couple of reserve team has beens.

Thank god for you that your club is now some offshore tax dodge and you don''t have an open AGM. I don''t think it would make for pretty reading

[quote user="a1canary"]I''ve mentioned many times already this season that i didn''t think promotion to the Champ would actually mean a lot to us financially since our gates won''t/can''t get any higher and there''s not a huge difference in TV revenues.

I certainly don''t expect the winners of the lower leagues (inc Champ) to get much. In fact, i don''t suppose promoted teams in the Champ should get anything from the football league since they''re going to the premier league and on their way to £30m!![/quote]There is an added financial incentive should any of last years relegated teams be re-promoted to the premiership this year as it means the parachute payments they would have received next season will be divvied up amongst the championship teams (excluding the three demoted teams who will have para payments of their own I believe). Newcastle and WBA being promoted could be worth an extra couple of million to us.

" Newcastle and WBA being promoted could be worth an extra couple of million to us "

how do you work that out ?

Well if that is right, then that is pathetic! I am now jelous of Leeds, their games against Man Utd and Spurs twice, and JPT if they get there. You get more for reaching the bloody 3rd round of the FA cup, how does that work?

I seem to remember the back page of the edp saying relegation to league one was gonna cost us around 7mil in total through lost revenue one way or the other. Perhaps i dreamt that, but i''m sure it was on about a 7mil black hole. So although the prize money for just promotion will not be 7 mil, we must recoup a large amount of that over next season.

If City go up this summer, they will be eligible to £2.7m in broadcasting rights - and possibly another £1m as their share of parachute payments if Newcastle and West Brom go straight back up to the top flight.

[quote user="City1st"]" Newcastle and WBA being promoted could be worth an extra couple of million to us "

how do you work that out ?[/quote]The second year of parachute payments don''t get paid because they''re in the Premiership again, and are shared among the teams in the Championship.

[quote user="City1st"]" Newcastle and WBA being promoted could be worth an extra couple of million to us "

how do you work that out ?[/quote]The same way as Bowkett and McNally.If a team that is receiving premiership parachute payments is re-promoted then those parachute payments are not made to those clubs (who profit instead from the prem money), they are divvied up amongst the other clubs and I believe this does not include the three newly relegated teams who will obviously have their own parachute payments.So potentially two lots of parachute payments will be divided amongst the remaining 19 teams and at approx £1m per year each share this could run for two years totalling £2m extra money for us if those clubs manage to retain prem status.As stated at the AGM it would definitely be worth an exta minimum of £1m to us upon promotion if the Geordies and baggies are promoted, I think I''m correct that the para payment is still paid to the league if they stay up the next year but not 100% sure hence the usage of "could".

Derr! ignore half of previous post as obviously they have already received the first years payments already so only one year outstanding. The years go so quickly now, must be getting old.[:$]

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="City1st"]" Newcastle and WBA being promoted could be worth an extra couple of million to us "

how do you work that out ?[/quote]The same way as Bowkett and McNally.If a team that is receiving premiership parachute payments is re-promoted then those parachute payments are not made to those clubs (who profit instead from the prem money), they are divvied up amongst the other clubs and I believe this does not include the three newly relegated teams who will obviously have their own parachute payments.So potentially two lots of parachute payments will be divided amongst the remaining 19 teams and at approx £1m per year each share this could run for two years totalling £2m extra money for us if those clubs manage to retain prem status.As stated at the AGM it would definitely be worth an exta minimum of £1m to us upon promotion if the Geordies and baggies are promoted, I think I''m correct that the para payment is still paid to the league if they stay up the next year but not 100% sure hence the usage of "could".[/quote]

In the first instance, you must always acknowledge where you garnered your expert information, buckethead: [url]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/3/1955246/ShowPost.aspx#1955246[/url]

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="City1st"]" Newcastle and WBA being promoted could be worth an extra couple of million to us " how do you work that out ?[/quote]

The same way as Bowkett and McNally.

If a team that is receiving premiership parachute payments is re-promoted then those parachute payments are not made to those clubs (who profit instead from the prem money), they are divvied up amongst the other clubs and I believe this does not include the three newly relegated teams who will obviously have their own parachute payments.
So potentially two lots of parachute payments will be divided amongst the remaining 19 teams and at approx £1m per year each share this could run for two years totalling £2m extra money for us if those clubs manage to retain prem status.

As stated at the AGM it would definitely be worth an exta minimum of £1m to us upon promotion if the Geordies and baggies are promoted, I think I''m correct that the para payment is still paid to the league if they stay up the next year but not 100% sure hence the usage of "could".
[/quote]

New tablecloths and spitoons for the restaurant then........

All is not lost then........

[quote user="Buckethead"]I was merely trying to protect your anonymity as my source for inside info Shyster.  [/quote]

Oh, I see...........fair play.  [;)]