Sign in to follow this  
morty

AGM tonight.

A few questions :-Can anyone go, or do you have to be a shareholder?Is the bar open?Thanks.[:)]

I believe it''s Shareholders only Morty. I believe you have to produce the letter and sign in. Last year it was such a popular event that they became forced to let people in without checks in order to get proceedings under way. However, I wouldn''t gamble on that happening this time because there doesn''t seem to be much interest.

There is a bar and mines a pint[B] [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I believe it''s Shareholders only Morty. I believe you have to produce the letter and sign in. Last year it was such a popular event that they became forced to let people in without checks in order to get proceedings under way. However, I wouldn''t gamble on that happening this time because there doesn''t seem to be much interest.

[/quote]Meh, I have no shares.[:(]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Be prepared for a long evening because Tangy has soooo many questions to ask..............[/quote]Lol, maybe a night in front of the telly is preferable after all.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Meh, I have no shares.

[:(]
[/quote]

I''m sure you can still put a pint behind the bar for my trouble[B]

Tilly always seems to be wearing the "wrong trousers". But got knows why he had the pockets lengthened in the first place[;)]

And smudger will be demanding to know why we didn''t sell Hoolahan last summer...........

.........and buy him back in January! [^o)]

Can someone ask if we will HAVE to sell one of our prize assets in the summer, regardless of whether or not we are promoted.

Or if we can hold off until next January?

[quote user="cityangel"]Will you be there Lappin ?[/quote]No CA, I sold my shares as having the accounts gave me an unfair advantage over Tangy! [:D]

Can someone please ask why the 2.5% cut in VAT was never past onto us season ticket holders but casual tickets where cheaper?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="BBFF"]
Can someone please ask why the 2.5% cut in VAT was never past onto us season ticket holders but casual tickets where cheaper?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST
[/quote]Something to do with having to change 20,000 direct debit accounts mid-way through the season I''d guess ?  Maybe it was too difficult to do ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="BBFF"]

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST
[/quote]

Something to do with having to change 20,000 direct debit accounts mid-way through the season I''d guess ?  Maybe it was too difficult to do ?
[/quote]

The cut came in January last year so it could have been passed on to us when we renewed for this season?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="BBFF"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="BBFF"]

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST
[/quote]Something to do with having to change 20,000 direct debit accounts mid-way through the season I''d guess ?  Maybe it was too difficult to do ?[/quote]

The cut came in January last year so it could have been passed on to us when we renewed for this season?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST
[/quote]That''s a fair point, although I reckon the season ticket prices are too low anyway.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Meh, I have no shares.

[:(]
[/quote]

I''m sure you can still put a pint behind the bar for my trouble[B]

Tilly always seems to be wearing the "wrong trousers". But got knows why he had the pockets lengthened in the first place[;)]

[/quote]

All this from the original Mr short arms and deep pockets.Nutty i will get you a pint of "Worthington"in so you can just look at it sitting on the bar whilst you dribble over it with a tear in your eye.

"FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST!"

That is precisely the outlook that has got so many clubs in to such a mess.

Football actually has to come second, AFTER the basic principles of economics and of keeping the club alive!

Unfortunately a1canary the poor chap probably doesn''t eveb realise why clubs were formed in the first place.

Perhaps the game should simply revert to playing on any piece of scrap land with absolutely NO infrastrucure in which to facilitate the game.

His ideas are not so much the tail wagging the dog but the flea wagging the dog''s tail.

[quote user="a1canary"]Can someone ask if we will HAVE to sell one of our prize assets in the summer, regardless of whether or not we are promoted. Or if we can hold off until next January?[/quote]

No! I''m fed up with exiled fans like you using fans who go to games and meetings as some sort of "Nanny State"... "Do this for me... do that for me" ...all while you sit indoors watching Eastenders and Killy against Celtic.. yet us second class fans who spend our hard earned on season tickets go out and brave the elements.. go to meetings and matches... get the pee ripped on here for our views on players and board members alike.. and the further you exiled fans are from the action the more selfish you become.. take the universally popular Ricardo.. now I know Rickyyyyyyy won''t mind me reminding you that he''s no spring chicken anymore.. but you selfish exiled fans expect him to rush out of the ground through all weathers and gulp down his post match pint of Peroni in order to get home and post his report on here for you lot... while you are all nice and warm indoors watching Jeff Stelling with your feet up....how many times has Mrs Ricardo lovingly prepared a nice fillet steak for his return only to see him leave it to spoil while he posts a report for you exiled fans.. by the time he gets to eat that steak it''s like a manky old burger... does he get thanks?... proper thanks I mean?? ... does he heck as like! .. just a few sanctimonious words on here bulling him up saying that reading his report you could almost smell the game... now wouldn''t it be nice if when Rickyyyyyy went for that post match pint he was told it was already paid for by Trinny from Trinidad or Thelma from Houston... Selfish the lot of ya!!! .... so... no... I''m not going to ask anything for you.. if you can''t be arsed to go then I can''t be asked to tell you[:|]

[quote user="a1canary"]"FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST!" That is precisely the outlook that has got so many clubs in to such a mess. Football actually has to come second, AFTER the basic principles of economics and of keeping the club alive![/quote]

I''ve been ending with FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST for years, all the years money was not spent on the pitch but being spent on restaurants and posh lounge''s etc. If FOOTBALL had come first then we wont be in this mess now.

Unless we have very rich new investor come in only FOOTBALL will rectify years of mistakes.

FOOTBALL WILL COME FIRST 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="a1canary"]Can someone ask if we will HAVE to sell one of our prize assets in the summer, regardless of whether or not we are promoted. Or if we can hold off until next January?[/quote]

No! I''m fed up with exiled fans like you using fans who go to games and meetings as some sort of "Nanny State"... "Do this for me... do that for me" ...all while you sit indoors watching Eastenders and Killy against Celtic.. yet us second class fans who spend our hard earned on season tickets go out and brave the elements.. go to meetings and matches... get the pee ripped on here for our views on players and board members alike.. and the further you exiled fans are from the action the more selfish you become.. take the universally popular Ricardo.. now I know Rickyyyyyyy won''t mind me reminding you that he''s no spring chicken anymore.. but you selfish exiled fans expect him to rush out of the ground through all weathers and gulp down his post match pint of Peroni in order to get home and post his report on here for you lot... while you are all nice and warm indoors watching Jeff Stelling with your feet up....how many times has Mrs Ricardo lovingly prepared a nice fillet steak for his return only to see him leave it to spoil while he posts a report for you exiled fans.. by the time he gets to eat that steak it''s like a manky old burger... does he get thanks?... proper thanks I mean?? ... does he heck as like! .. just a few sanctimonious words on here bulling him up saying that reading his report you could almost smell the game... now wouldn''t it be nice if when Rickyyyyyy went for that post match pint he was told it was already paid for by Trinny from Trinidad or Thelma from Houston... Selfish the lot of ya!!! .... so... no... I''m not going to ask anything for you.. if you can''t be arsed to go then I can''t be asked to tell you[:|]

[/quote]Glad someone appreciates all the trouble I go to Nigel.Do they have Peroni on tap at the AGM?LOL

I wish I was going tonight, mainly because I''m a nosey fecker!!!Anyone want to sell me some shares?*empties out penny jar*

When the season tickets were bought,VAT was 17.5%. Hence you paid VAT at the prevailing rate. When VAT dropped to 15% any casual tickets bought after that date would have VAT levied at the new rate. It''s not a con trick by the club, it''s the way VAT works. Season tickets aren''t some sort of hire purchase scheme, the day you buy one it belongs to you.

[quote user="morty"]I wish I was going tonight, mainly because I''m a nosey fecker!!!Anyone want to sell me some shares?*empties out penny jar*

[/quote]Got 10 you can have for five hundred quid.Last season I would have given ''em away for a couple of pints of Peroni.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"]I wish I was going tonight, mainly because I''m a nosey fecker!!!Anyone want to sell me some shares?*empties out penny jar*

[/quote]Got 10 you can have for five hundred quid.Last season I would have given ''em away for a couple of pints of Peroni.[/quote]Oh, hang on.*counts out penny jar*Could I have one, and owe you £37.43?

BBFF That is absolute nonsense from first to last, and well you should know it.

It was not the amount ''spent on the pitch'' as you rather simplistically put it, otherwise the debt would not have increased. It was how wisely it was spent that has been the problem.

Restaurants and posh lounges are self funding, In fact they actually add to the club''s income. Maybe you would have the club shop, the bars, the ticket offices all closed.

Perhaps you could tell us where the club should make the cuts that the loss of that income would oblige. Every financial concern has to apportion money towards the infrastructure.

I should imagine you would protest outside a restaurant with your banner of FOOD MUST COME FIRST bemoaning the fact the restaurant had spent money on such fripperies as tables and chairs, plates, lights and carpets ... even ovens, Why is there a staff changing room ? Why is the restuarant wasting money on a fridge, on a dishwasher ? FOOD MUST COME FIRST.

How delightful it must be to not have put up a reasoned argument in defence of your post but to simply bleat out the same empty headed twaddle.