Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

90 Points

Year in year out a haul of 90 points is normally good enough to get automatic promotion from which ever  Division. This makes the maths simple for us another 27 points from our last 17 games. Of course we should not be complacent but the way we have and are playing 9 wins from those 17 games is i suggest probable rather than possible, it even allows for quite a few banana skins and yes i think we could easily lose 3 or 4 games on the way given a reasonably hard run in. Lets look at Charlton to get that figure they need to win 11 and draw 1 of their last 17 highly inprobable. I guess they will be 3rd if they are lucky on low 80s at best and i fancy Swindon for the playoffs. Reasons to be optimistic. I do think we will drop points at Millwall but i also expect Charlton to do the same at Swindon

If we match the form we showed for our previous 17 games we will finish the season with 120+ points. Of course it''s unlikely we can keep such an incredible run of form going until the end of the season, but it does put into prospective just how good we have been sice the Leeds defeat.

Isn''t it nice to have a 7 point gap over third place ? [:)].  If we went 4 games on the trot without winning, Charlton might have a chance of catching us.  Looking at the fixture list, I can''t see where we would go 4 matches without a win.  Let''s just hope that we keep our key players  fit.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]If we match the form we showed for our previous 17 games we will finish the season with 120+ points. Of course it''s unlikely we can keep such an incredible run of form going until the end of the season, but it does put into prospective just how good we have been sice the Leeds defeat.[/quote]

Crickey! Do you get bonus points for winning a certain number of games then?! I think if you extrapolate our current form we''d get 110 points.

63 + (15 x 3) + (2 x 1) = 110

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Isn''t it nice to have a 7 point gap over third place ? [:)].  If we went 4 games on the trot without winning, Charlton might have a chance of catching us.  Looking at the fixture list, I can''t see where we would go 4 matches without a win.  Let''s just hope that we keep our key players  fit.
[/quote]

swindon can leap frog charlton!

I posted this table before but if you missed it or don''t mind repetitive strain, here are the past five years of League One automatic promotion points tallies... 91 would have been the highest second place finish, had Leeds not been deducted 15 points.

2004/05

1. Luton 98

2. Hull 86

2005/06

1. Southend 82

2. Colchester 79

2006/07

1. Scunthorpe 91

2. Bristol City 85

2007/08

1. Swansea 98

2. Notts Forest 82

* Leeds deducted 15 points and would have finished 2nd on 91 points

2008/09

1. Leicester 98

2. Peterboro 89

I will settle for 7 defeats. As long as we win the other 10. We don''t want too many draws. You can find yourself thinking ''that wasn''t a bad point'', but it''s amazing how quickly the points drain away. But you have to say, on current form, 90 points looks a real possibility.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Isn''t it nice to have a 7 point gap over third place ? [:)].  If we went 4 games on the trot without winning, Charlton might have a chance of catching us.  Looking at the fixture list, I can''t see where we would go 4 matches without a win.  Let''s just hope that we keep our key players  fit.
[/quote]

swindon can leap frog charlton!

[/quote]

If Swindon win their three games in hand  (IF!!!!)

they will still be 6 points behind us and have a goal difference of 8 plus however many they win by against our 34.

I am not complacent but Swindon are hardly a clear and present danger

[quote user="aitch"]I will settle for 7 defeats. As long as we win the other 10. We don''t want too many draws. You can find yourself thinking ''that wasn''t a bad point'', but it''s amazing how quickly the points drain away. But you have to say, on current form, 90 points looks a real possibility.[/quote]

45 points would definately be enough regardless of what anyone else does, but I think 30-33 is fairly well nailed on to be good enough - I''ll pessimistically predict 9 wins (brighton, southend, oldham, yeovil, tranmere, stockport, mcdons, gillingham & carlisle), 4 draws (southampton, leeds, orient, brizzle rowvers), 4 defeats (millwall, uddersfield, swindon, charlton) for a grand total of 94 points!