Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

IS IT BETTER!!!

Top of league one for me..If we were 4th from bottom then there would be something seriously wrong with what we''re doing... whether it be the manager, players or both.Where we are now everything is going well! If we go up we''ll be in a much better frame of mind than if we survive relegation.

If it wasnt for the cash I would have to say this is better than being in the premiership - I actually look forward to every game it is fantastic. However for our club to survive we have to be in as higher division as possible which of course means we can only have this excitement every so often, as how the world of football stands at the moment probably the best we could become is a Wigan but with fans. After a couple of years though that would be boring. To then have ambition beyond that we then need a billionaire owner or to go back into debt. I am afraid it is money that is making football less exciting in 75% of our seasons.

To take your question further would it be more exciting to be in a relegation battle than finish mid table always with no chance of winning anything or going down

Top of league 1, we can build on our squad and keep the momentum going next season and make a promotion push next season. Its also better as we will be able to attract players far better than a lower championship team... as we found out lasrt season!

[quote user="Lambert is King"]If it wasnt for the cash I would have to say this is better than being in the premiership - I actually look forward to every game it is fantastic. However for our club to survive we have to be in as higher division as possible which of course means we can only have this excitement every so often, as how the world of football stands at the moment probably the best we could become is a Wigan but with fans. After a couple of years though that would be boring. To then have ambition beyond that we then need a billionaire owner or to go back into debt. I am afraid it is money that is making football less exciting in 75% of our seasons. To take your question further would it be more exciting to be in a relegation battle than finish mid table always with no chance of winning anything or going down[/quote]

Interesting point, I dread Norwich becoming like Coventry. Decent sized club that won''t get relegated but no hope of getting into the play-offs. In the Prem this would be alright as we would be able to get some good players in who can excite on their day as way as the chance of scalping a big 4 club every so often; but in the Championship would just be awful, if you think we get little media coverage think about clubs like Coventry, you never hear anything about them, unless they sack a manager.

At this point in the season, there would still be hope, albeit unreasonable, that we could still reach the playoffs and get to the promised land. We have no chance of that happening this season.

Also, I actually find it kind of boring most weeks not worrying about how the next game will go now that winning comfrotably has almost become passe.

Sad that carrying this forward that fans might find it better winning every week against the likes of Lowestoft and Histon than playing Manu and Chelsea etc and losing a few.

Just shows how our horizons have been adjusted for us

I haven''t heard a good reducto ad absurdum argument for a while!

You don''t like getting hit by cars. Right?

It must be frustrating never being able to leave the house.

That''s a ridiculous analogy 7rew!

Why not just ask yourself this. Are you enjoying being a City fan more right now, or when we were scrapping like cats in a bag at the bottom of league 1 and had Roeder in charge? And everyone on this board was insulting each other!

I don''t really come on here when things are going rubbish, as is born out by my previously very low post count for one of the original members. But I''ve probably added 500 to my total this season, now the the P messageboard is a place of such love and harmony!!!

[quote user="The Butler"]

Sad that carrying this forward that fans might find it better winning every week against the likes of Lowestoft and Histon than playing Manu and Chelsea etc and losing a few.

[/quote]

Sorry Butler but that''s a ridiculous anology that bears no resemblance to the original post [N]

Cluck will be in this thread soon to give you all a right telling off, you mark my words.[:)]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Sorry Butler but that''s a ridiculous anology that bears no resemblance to the original post [N]

[/quote]

The Thread says is it better to win in a lower league or compete but possibly lose in a higher one.

Please do a Nutty and read my post again.

I would prefer playing against better teams in higher leagues every time.

As I said shows how our horizons have been adjusted. Munich to Walsall please compare!

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

To be Top of League One or Fourth place from Bottom in Championship!! Going For Title or Fighting Relegation Battle!!

[/quote]

quality.....filthy pigs down the road!

No it doesn''t say that Butler - i think you are the one that needs to read it again! The post very specifically says top of League 1 or 4th bottom of the Champ so quite how you translate that into saying we''d rather watch us playing histon than chelsea i don''t know. As Shack says, no resemblence to the original post. Are you just looking for an argument or something!?