Sign in to follow this  
ncfcrule

Am i the only one that thinks this....

Yes new investment is what every club needs and what we need desperately. But my concern is that we get an investor who cares nothing about out club and eventually buys the club and we turn into another QPR. i know this is extreme and we do need investment, but i''m worried it could go wrong if we get someone who cares nothing about our club and just wants the club as a little hobby?

Thoughs?

I''m not saying we dont need investment or i dont want it, just i think the invester needs to be the right person, which i know won''t be hard as not many people will want to invest.

OTBC

i''m not sasying they must be a norwich fan atall, i just don''t want someone who just invests cus he has a few spare quid!!

OTBC

The trouble is that "investing" in a football club isn''t investing as such in most cases. I doubt very much that Delia makes masses of cash that she invested in the club.We are very far away from actually turning a profit that would attract new investors to the club.So really, fans with good intentions is about the best we can hope for just now.

[quote user="morty"]Delia said exactly this quite a while ago.
[/quote]

And got absolutely caned for it.

Although I can see that was during a time where we didn''t seem to be getting any benefit from the values being applied in running our club. With the club on the up it''s easier to see the positives.

[quote user="morty"]The trouble is that "investing" in a football club isn''t investing as such in most cases. I doubt very much that Delia makes masses of cash that she invested in the club.We are very far away from actually turning a profit that would attract new investors to the club.So really, fans with good intentions is about the best we can hope for just now.[/quote]

Delia and Wyn are very much business people at the end of the day, morty.Make no mistake.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"]The trouble is that "investing" in a football club isn''t investing as such in most cases. I doubt very much that Delia makes masses of cash that she invested in the club.We are very far away from actually turning a profit that would attract new investors to the club.So really, fans with good intentions is about the best we can hope for just now.[/quote]

Delia and Wyn are very much business people at the end of the day, morty.Make no mistake.[/quote]Oh I agree with that, but they are doing what they do for their love of the club rather than just pure profit.I don''t think for a minute that they are making no profit whatsoever from the large amount of money they have ploughed in.

Oh I agree with that, but they are doing what they do for their love of the club rather than just pure profit.I agree morty. How many of us bought shares when the club asked for financial help all those years ago? I didn''t invest expecting a return. I bought those shares because of my love for the club.

If it is true that this 230m pound man could well invest then I think it is a damn good thing.  You look at QPR, a very bad case, and it will put everyone on edge when their club is linked with investment. 

However, a football club is a very hard business to make a profit from so whoever invests is going to try and do the right things even if it''s for their moneys sake.  If they didn''t give a damn about the club and thought it is a good business, they wouldn''t invest anyway because they would want to invest in a team they do care about.

If we do get investment then it is defiantely a very, very good thing.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"]The trouble is that "investing" in a football club isn''t investing as such in most cases. I doubt very much that Delia makes masses of cash that she invested in the club.We are very far away from actually turning a profit that would attract new investors to the club.So really, fans with good intentions is about the best we can hope for just now.[/quote]

Delia and Wyn are very much business people at the end of the day, morty.Make no mistake.[/quote]Oh I agree with that, but they are doing what they do for their love of the club rather than just pure profit.I don''t think for a minute that they are making no profit whatsoever from the large amount of money they have ploughed in.[/quote]

im sure they do love the club....but open your eyes! money in + shares = more money then they put in,coming back!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"]The trouble is that "investing" in a football club isn''t investing as such in most cases. I doubt very much that Delia makes masses of cash that she invested in the club.We are very far away from actually turning a profit that would attract new investors to the club.So really, fans with good intentions is about the best we can hope for just now.[/quote]

Delia and Wyn are very much business people at the end of the day, morty.Make no mistake.[/quote]Oh I agree with that, but they are doing what they do for their love of the club rather than just pure profit.I don''t think for a minute that they are making no profit whatsoever from the large amount of money they have ploughed in.[/quote]

im sure they do love the club....but open your eyes! money in + shares = more money then they put in,coming back![/quote]Lol, do you seriously think they are making money hand over fist?Really?

[quote user="ncfcrule"]Yes new investment is what every club needs and what we need desperately. But my concern is that we get an investor who cares nothing about out club and eventually buys the club and we turn into another QPR. i know this is extreme and we do need investment, but i''m worried it could go wrong if we get someone who cares nothing about our club and just wants the club as a little hobby? Thoughs? I''m not saying we dont need investment or i dont want it, just i think the invester needs to be the right person, which i know won''t be hard as not many people will want to invest. OTBC[/quote]

yes because the utd fans hatrd of the glaziers has really had a detriment with Champioms league and title winss....

doesnt matter who owns the club, if they are fans or not, as long as the club is succesful...

whilst we wont get a billionaire, ask yourself one question.. does Roman Abramovic REALLY give a hoot about chelsea?

Its highly unlikely that anyone will invest in our football club in the traditional means.

As others has said, that implies a return on their investment, and, unless they invest a large sum of money and we go onto win the Champions League in the next 3-5 years, they aren''t going to see much coming right back at ''em!

The club are looking for money they can invest to secure and progress its footballing future, from the point of view of the person who puts the money in, its pretty much a donation in exchamge for shares-whose value wil fluctuate-a place on the board and the kudos of being actively involved with running a football club.

Maybe someone could pump some of their money in and get a return, the Lotus chap seems to think he could, somewhere. But he wants full control of wherever he ends up.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="ncfcrule"]Yes new investment is what every club needs and what we need desperately. But my concern is that we get an investor who cares nothing about out club and eventually buys the club and we turn into another QPR. i know this is extreme and we do need investment, but i''m worried it could go wrong if we get someone who cares nothing about our club and just wants the club as a little hobby? Thoughs? I''m not saying we dont need investment or i dont want it, just i think the invester needs to be the right person, which i know won''t be hard as not many people will want to invest. OTBC[/quote]

yes because the utd fans hatrd of the glaziers has really had a detriment with Champioms league and title winss....

doesnt matter who owns the club, if they are fans or not, as long as the club is succesful...

whilst we wont get a billionaire, ask yourself one question.. does Roman Abramovic REALLY give a hoot about chelsea?

[/quote]

They are enjoying success but is it sustainable if owners ever change priorities and should failure ensue could these clubs virtually collapse. We have seen it happens to banks with much sounder foundations.

I get the impression that many fans on hear wouldn''t have had a particularly modest wish list when they wrote to santa, and they would turn their back on their lovely puppy for the latest hi tech toy made in China.

My ultimate dream for our club would be owned by the fans, well run and managed on a strict modest budget, growing though endeavour.

[quote user="The gut"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

They are enjoying success but is it sustainable if owners ever change priorities and should failure ensue could these clubs virtually collapse. We have seen it happens to banks with much sounder foundations.

I get the impression that many fans on hear wouldn''t have had a particularly modest wish list when they wrote to santa, and they would turn their back on their lovely puppy for the latest hi tech toy made in China.

My ultimate dream for our club would be owned by the fans, well run and managed on a strict modest budget, growing though endeavour.

[/quote]

I like the sound of that.......

Gonna get whacked for saying this. I think Delia has been a positive for the club over the years, they''ve made some major mistakes in terms of "football decisions" but from a business front have just about kept our heads above water. They''ve finally done the right thing by appointing people who know the business "McNally" and left them to it. I just wish they''d do it sooner. Whilst we''re in a financial mess... so is everyone else, and often a worse mess than us. We need to remember that. It''s not specific to Norwich, but to football in general.

[quote user="Michael Starr"]Gonna get whacked for saying this. I think Delia has been a positive for the club over the years, they''ve made some major mistakes in terms of "football decisions" but from a business front have just about kept our heads above water. They''ve finally done the right thing by appointing people who know the business "McNally" and left them to it. I just wish they''d do it sooner. Whilst we''re in a financial mess... so is everyone else, and often a worse mess than us. We need to remember that. It''s not specific to Norwich, but to football in general.
[/quote]

Not whacked... more pitied I''d say....

Absolute bilge based on the fear of letting go of the Delia security blanket. Life existed and flourished before Smith arrived.... and would have done so again.

We''ll never know because too many like you weren''t prepared to face the big wide world and take the risk.

We dont want our very own Glazers...god forbid we might be sporting red and white scarves in protest in a couple of years, when our assets have been plundered...millionaires, billionaires what good are they if they dont have a passion for the club and the will to ''invest'' in our heritage as a prime motive...considering anything else a bonus