Sign in to follow this  
Penfold

We're bigger than Juventus!

Did they demolish the delle Alpi because no-one liked it even though it was built for 1990 world cup.

Should be a big notice for west ham about grounds where the pitch is behind a running track.

Didn''t they move to an out of town stadium that was purpose built for Italia ''90 and which the fans have never taken to? I''m pretty sure their attendances were much bigger before the move.

Is how ''big'' you are as a club solely determined by gates?

It''s such an overused term, it would be useful to pin down a definition. This is as good as any i suppose and makes us ''bigger'' than the likes of Fulham, Blackburn, Pompey, Bolton, Stoke...

Which, if we were in the same league (small matter!) we would be.

Juve are my 2nd team. They moved to the Stadio Olimpico after it was renovated following the winter olympics.They are now in the process of building a new ground, where the Delle Alpi once stood. Italian football attendances have been low for many years. Its only the big games that attract anything worth shouting about. Last months Milan derby attracted 42000...is that worth shouting about? I think the Bundesliga has good attendances....

Anyone know how many Torino get? I went to see Dortmund vs Leverkusen a few years ago, Berbatov scored a brace, was what felt like miles high in the terraced section, 70 something thousand sell-out crowd, was the best game I''ve ever been to for atmosphere, was a bit bizzare when they were all singing You''ll Never Walk Alone though...

The Bundersliga has a bigger overall average attendance than the Prem, then its Spain France, Champ and Italy.

Juve have the 6th biggest trophy haul of any club in the world.. compare that to our 2 league cup wins lol.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

The Bundersliga has a bigger overall average attendance than the Prem, then its Spain France, Champ and Italy.

[/quote]Probably because their ticket prices are a bit lower than the Prem League

[quote user="Lambo"]Juve have the 6th biggest trophy haul of any club in the world.. compare that to our 2 league cup wins lol.[/quote]

You forgot 3 Div 2 championships (old money) as well as 1 Div 3 championship

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Did they demolish the delle Alpi because no-one liked it even though it was built for 1990 world cup. Should be a big notice for west ham about grounds where the pitch is behind a running track.[/quote]

Maybe they would do what Man City done with the old commenwealth track by integrating in to the design of the new Olympic stadium a concept where they can build seats where the running track was.  If they intend on using it then they should get speaking to the developers as soon as they can.