Sign in to follow this  
The Butler

McNally (Again)

Not wishing to start another marathon post fest.

I would be interested in peoples opinion, following last nights AGM whether they, like me believe in the man.

Having now met and talked to him on several occasions, I would certainly rather have him on our side than against.

To me he speaks as it is and I find his and Bowketts attitude and intentions refreshing to hear and see.

Whilst we can retain their services together with the "player" team they have put together I feel a degree of optimism for the club that I have not felt for many years (even our recent flirtation with the prem that was always doomed to disaster)

Now over to the usual suspects to pull that apart!

For me, the very important difference between McNally and Bowkett, and Doncaster, is that Doncaster was a professional adviser (lawyer turned company secretary I believe) who then became our CEO. McNally and Bowkett are business leaders, which is far more important. You can hire top quality advisers (as it seems we have done), but you can''t hire someone to make commercial decisions.

Donkeycaster was IMO the same as Gunn quite simply not up to the job. Donkeycaster was just a free loading money grabbing posstot. He milked the club for all he could & was promoted from within to save money!.....just look were that has got us!

In Mcnally we have a man who was brought in to do the job. He has clear vision where he wants the club to go & i firmly believe he will get us there!!!!

I was impressed but I''m a little surprised you were Butler. What did you make of Alan Bowkett repeating his claims that we had a very similar player budget to Wolves last season but with vastly different results in performance? And what did you make of McNally''s claims that our catering income was more than three times what a comparable Premier League club could expect?

But you''re right. McNally''s a breath of fresh air after Doncaster. Bowkett is different to Munby to, much more direct and to the point. Although I had a lot of time for Roger Munby and think he''s a top bloke.

Lambert is the man though. And a realist to boot. He at least realises the truth that the current plaudits are because of winning football. We are winning over 70% of games in an industry where, according to Bowkett, 40% is acceptable. The measure of them all is the results on the pitch.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I was impressed but I''m a little surprised you were Butler. What did you make of Alan Bowkett repeating his claims that we had a very similar player budget to Wolves last season but with vastly different results in performance? And what did you make of McNally''s claims that our catering income was more than three times what a comparable Premier League club could expect?

But you''re right. McNally''s a breath of fresh air after Doncaster. Bowkett is different to Munby to, much more direct and to the point. Although I had a lot of time for Roger Munby and think he''s a top bloke.

Lambert is the man though. And a realist to boot. He at least realises the truth that the current plaudits are because of winning football. We are winning over 70% of games in an industry where, according to Bowkett, 40% is acceptable. The measure of them all is the results on the pitch.

[/quote]

The Butler  1  Nutty Nigel  1.Can we leave it as a draw now chaps?

[/quote]

Bowkett possibly spoke the truth(haven''t seen the figures myself yet) but failed to say that Wolves already had a decent squad.I have no reason not to believe him.

Catering should be profitable based on what they charge (see another thread)

Roger is a great chap (and a friend) , but we needed a stronger fresher approach.

The rest is obvious.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Bowkett possibly spoke the truth(haven''t seen the figures myself yet) but failed to say that Wolves already had a decent squad.I have no reason not to believe him.

Roger is a great chap (and a friend) , but we needed a stronger fresher approach.

The rest is obvious.

[/quote]

Latest score.........The Butler  2  Nutty Nigel  1.

[quote user="The Butler"]

The rest is obvious.

[/quote]

Just to even up the tillytellyprinter are you now saying that Bowkett is engaging in Doncaster style spin[:^)]

The rest is obvious.

[/quote]

Just to even up the tillytellyprinter are you now saying that Bowkett is engaging in Doncaster style spin[:^)]

[/quote]

The Butler  2  Nutty Nigel  2...........looks like extra time is on the cards!

The rest is obvious.

[/quote]

[/quote]

No certainly not ,heaven forbid that he would act in a business like manner and put the best possible view forward to prove a point!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

The rest is obvious.

[/quote]

[/quote]

No certainly not ,heaven forbid that he would act in a business like manner and put the best possible view forward to prove a point!

[/quote]

The Butler  3  Nutty Nigel  2. This game could go on for days(and pages)!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]It''ll be 50% longer if you keep on keep score after every post, Tilly [:)]  Honestly, have you nothing better to do ?

Me neither. [:)]
[/quote]

Looks like things could go a bit quiet on this thread Blah x3 as Nutty is busy on another thread dragging up Worthington who i may add had bugger all to do with things until Nutty appeared.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]It''ll be 50% longer if you keep on keep score after every post, Tilly [:)]  Honestly, have you nothing better to do ?

[/quote]

Looks like things could go a bit quiet on this thread Blah x3 as Nutty is busy on another thread dragging up Worthington who i may add had bugger all to do with things until Nutty appeared.

[/quote]

Are you my new stalker (of the yard) Tilly[:^)]

Looks like I''m a "nanny magnet" [:O]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, what about a Worthington?
Britain’s finest Seer.
What about a Worthington?
He makes you want to cheer
He''s clean and bright and full of life …

(A man interjects something like) What about a kick in the rear?

Oh What about a Worthington? …

Worthington E (1)
 Worthington HE’s the Seer,
There was satisfaction here,
It’s the Worthington team that satisfies,
Your worthy Worthington .[:$]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, what about a Worthington?
Britain’s finest Seer.
What about a Worthington?
He makes you want to cheer
He''s clean and bright and full of life …

(A man interjects something like) What about a kick in the rear?

Oh What about a Worthington? …

Worthington E (1)
 Worthington HE’s the Seer,
There was satisfaction here,
It’s the Worthington team that satisfies,
Your worthy Worthington .[:$]

[/quote]

GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!! and it is now The Butler  4  Nutty Nigel  2.......Maggie Thatcher,Winston Churchill,Eddie Nutty Edwards,Nigel Worthington your boys are taking one hell of a beating.

[/quote]

Good grief.

Talk about jumping on the bandwagon - and playing switch.

[;)] **

OTBC

**Just for safety - it covers up a lot of dirty tricks I''m told.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Good grief.

[;)] **

OTBC

[/quote]

No No Bly you got it wrong!

Read his posts again and again until you get it right[:D]

I haven''t met him but I disliked him on sight.....

He doesn''t fool me I''m afraid.........

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Good grief.

[;)] **

OTBC

[/quote]

No No Bly you got it wrong!

Read his posts again and again until you get it right[:D]

[/quote]

Darn![;)]

And they give me such a headache.[;)]

[;)]

OTBC

Nutty and Butler, having met all the culprits (board members) and heard them speak and seen them act I can only say that McNally is streets ahead of Doncaster and about three leagues higher, sadly that''s theory only at present, but surely the only way is up.

As has been said elsewhere, under Munby and Doncaster we were merely living for the moment, lurching most of the time from crisis to crisis. The new men are setting out serious intentions and have firm plans to take us there. The new men have given us some stability (getting to grips with sub standard managers quickly) and we have moved on from there apace. As for Doncaster and Munby I had no confidence in them at any time during their tenure, which includes our brief flirtation with the Premiership.

It''s no coincidence we are riding high in the league. It''s due to a winning mentality and knowing the right way to go about things. I am not surprised at all to hear they sounded confident and direct at the AGM. That''s how Lambert and McNally came across at the NCISA meeting several months ago.

For the first time in years confidence in those running the club and anticipate a far better future in our quest to get back to higher realms in the world of football. Both on and off the pitch.