Sign in to follow this  
Jarroldstander

New Seaon Ticket prices, 25% increase?

Now correct me if i''m wrong but i keep hearing that the new season ticket prices are only a 6% increase, just £1 extra a game but doesn''t this only apply to season ticket holders who didn''t take the rebate?

My season ticket last season was something like £420 however i took the 20% rebate and got something like £85 back therefore meaning i only paid £335, perfectly reasonable considering we would be in League 1.  Now the new price for next year is £450! 

Last season £335

Next seaon £450

Increase = 25%???

Happy to pay more as we will hopefully be back in the Championship but i personally feel its quite a big increase in the price.  Unless i''m missing something and have got this totally wrong?

Last year I took the rebate which was £30 for me so instead of paying £150 I paid £120. This year they want £173. Thank God it''s my birthday on Friday and I''m getting mine bought for me as a present as otherwise I couldn''t afford it. I think it''s a fair enough price for Championship football but, God forbid, if we''re stuck in this league then it''s a bit steep considering what I paid last year.

Sure we could all pay your lower amount but the club would be bust we would not be able to buy players. I think you will find the actual amount last year you were given back was a rebate leaving the actual price at the higher amount. We are probably still the cheapest club in the country especially for kids

mcnally has certainly looked at the prices we were charging, and with the demand for season tickets, he realises theres an opportunity to raise a little more income. when times are tough financially you cant blame the club fo trying to make as much as possible to help reduce our debt.

[quote user="Jarroldstander"]

Now correct me if i''m wrong but i keep hearing that the new season ticket prices are only a 6% increase, just £1 extra a game but doesn''t this only apply to season ticket holders who didn''t take the rebate?

My season ticket last season was something like £420 however i took the 20% rebate and got something like £85 back therefore meaning i only paid £335, perfectly reasonable considering we would be in League 1.  Now the new price for next year is £450! 

Last season £335

Next seaon £450

Increase = 25%???

Happy to pay more as we will hopefully be back in the Championship but i personally feel its quite a big increase in the price.  Unless i''m missing something and have got this totally wrong?

[/quote]

If that is correct, then has the club been economical with the truth?

BTW, in your case it is a 34.3% increase[:O]

The comparison of a £1.00 a game increase for adults relates to the renewal prices between the respective season.

For 2009-10 the renewal was on the basis of Championship prices with a possible 20% reduction in the event of relegation. There was no undertaking as to what would happen thereafter.

David McNally has already stated that the renewal prices for 2010-11 would be the same irrespective of what divison we play in.

Given that we''ve just posted a £5M loss on Championship prices and the current season, ticket revenues will be lower due to the rebate effect, it should come as no great surprise that the Club has reverted to the previous levels.

If we get promted then the prices will be reasonable, if we stay in League 1 then it will be a big increase if you took the rebate as I did.

" This year they want £173 "

What''s the gripe ? That''s about £7 a game. As a 13 year old I worked 3 hours sat morning to pay for my junior admission.

Try getting a kid to work for about £2 an hour now (albeit they have to wait until they are 14).

Even if you don''t include last years relegation rebate, being over 60 a £1 a game increase on my season ticket is a 10% increase. So where the club gets it 6% from I don''t know?

We still have to remember the 2.5% reduction in VAT last year was never passed onto season ticket holder when casual supports got their tickets reduced.

I just hope some of this gets asked at tonight''s share holders meeting.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

My ticket will be £450 to sit behind the home dugout right next to the players tunnel.Divide that by 23 games and it works out at £19.56p a game.In my eyes that is good value for money.

Yes and i hope the club is going to announce that all income from none football related stuff bars food, corporate hospitality is returned.

Can''t have the club using that kind of unfootball money.

The facts stand that we arent promoted yet! there case is if you didnt take the rebate its a small increase! correct me if im wrong, but the board and its staff it employ''s got us relegated! thats why the rebate was applied, so to use that as is a crock of shyt! The increase is excessive how ever you look at it!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Jarroldstander"]

Last season £335

Next seaon £450

Increase = 25%???

[/quote]

If that is correct, then has the club been economical with the truth?

BTW, in your case it is a 34.3% increase[:O]

[/quote]Hang on. I thought the rebate was meant to be a certain percentage - we have two vastly different figures from two people on here which represent different figures.As for the rebate - that is a RE-BATE rather than something to do with the starting price of a season ticket. You wanted money off for getting relegated but you surely can''t have expected the season ticket to stay that low if we returned to the champs?Sorry but so far as I am concerned the club is right in the majority of cases - the only exception being the people that chose to take up the rebate for relegation. That didn''t mean that that was the standard price of a season ticket. They gave people the option in a way of apology for lack of the clubs performance all round. Now when our performance on the playr and managerial front at least looks to be better you still want that? Slight edge of double standards here.The fact of the matter is that you have actually paid £85 less for this season than most other season ticket renewers did and that the season tickets have not gone up a great deal - perhaps because they know next season could be a bit of a struggle with a manager reletively untested at that level and a squad of players of which those who have played champ football have hardly proven themselves. What? Our club just got a reality check? - yup!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]My ticket will be £450 to sit behind the home dugout right next to the players tunnel.Divide that by 23 games and it works out at £19.56p a game.In my eyes that is good value for money.[/quote]

Not exactly sure what the prices are if you brought on the door, but my guess is they arent as much £19.56! so in my eyes thats not value for money! especially if you have stumped up and want a season ticket!

[quote user="Jarroldstander"]

Last season £335

Next seaon £450

Increase = 25%???

[/quote]

Just as a point of Interest Forest S/T prices for the main stand this season  (Championship) prices are £598, they are not blessed with the 12mth D/D scheme I think we are getting off light don''t you .  

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="TIL 1010"]My ticket will be £450 to sit behind the home dugout right next to the players tunnel.Divide that by 23 games and it works out at £19.56p a game.In my eyes that is good value for money.[/quote]

Not exactly sure what the prices are if you brought on the door, but my guess is they arent as much £19.56! so in my eyes thats not value for money! especially if you have stumped up and want a season ticket! [/quote]Well i just went to online ticketing and to buy a ticket in the upper barclay for the next home game it is £25.So I guess it is pretty good value then.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="TIL 1010"]My ticket will be £450 to sit behind the home dugout right next to the players tunnel.Divide that by 23 games and it works out at £19.56p a game.In my eyes that is good value for money.[/quote]

Not exactly sure what the prices are if you brought on the door, but my guess is they arent as much £19.56! so in my eyes thats not value for money! especially if you have stumped up and want a season ticket! [/quote]Well i just went to online ticketing and to buy a ticket in the upper barclay for the next home game it is £25.So I guess it is pretty good value then.[/quote]

furry muff......i hold my hands up in defeat!    

[quote user="TIL 1010"]My ticket will be £450 to sit behind the home dugout right next to the players tunnel.Divide that by 23 games and it works out at £19.56p a game.In my eyes that is good value for money.[/quote]

On a retired copper''s scandalous pension maybe.......Self centred thinking once again with so many others struggling with rent/mortgages and such luxuries as food and heating......

God bless the luvvies........[N]

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

On a retired copper''s scandalous pension maybe.......Self centred thinking once again with so many others struggling with rent/mortgages and such luxuries as food and heating......

[/quote]

lol!

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

Sorry to disappoint you Cluck and i certainly do not want to ruffle your feathers but i pay full council tax and am yet to qualify for the winter heating allowance.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

Sorry to disappoint you Cluck and i certainly do not want to ruffle your feathers but i pay full council tax and am yet to qualify for the winter heating allowance.

[/quote]I used my winter fuel allowamce to pay for my season ticket and still had £36 quid left over!Oh the joys of being over 60.And I forgot to mention my free bus pass.

There seems to a common thread running through this thread that people complaining about the prices are people that took the rebate last year. Dont however take that as I am having a go at people who did as I pondered long and hard before not taking the rebate, we have 4 season tickets 2 adults and 2 children, of which I must say the kids season tickets in my opinion are to cheap. I decided that NCFC took up quite a bit of my life and wanted things to get better so this was my way of doing something. I equally understand why people took the rebate.

Now to my real point, my rebate unless I am mistaken was used to buy Grant Holt - I think everyone will agree the last couple of weeks have shown that we would have struggled to get automatic promotion without him. Assuming we get promoted you will be complaining if we do not have a team that can compete in the championship. Reading the threads on here it is worth noting that in the Championship you feel Forster good enough but not ours £2.5 mil to buy? Russell Martin not good enough needs replacing Doc and Nelson need replaceing Left back seems ok Korey is to young Lappin not good enough and will our front 3 be as prolific in the championship? These are not necesarily my opinions but threads on here at the moment. At worse therefore our team rebuilding will mean 2 new centre backs ( cover for Whitbread and Askou if they are good enough ) a right back and a prolific goal scorer and maybe a midfielder. On making this assumption we need money to buy players and pay wages or of course we sell our existing talent. Even if this is not the case I presume all want us to strengthen the squad. McNally I am sure has budgeted for any eventuallity and calculated what money he needs to get in accordingly.If we want overnight success our season tickets are still far to cheap compared with other championship sides, but we have gone for the option of full houses rather than the same money with 20000 turning up. The money received on the turnstiles is what pays for our players. We could have cheaper season tickets but surely we then have to accept a mediocre team and manager - cant have it both ways. McNally is trying to put right what has been done wrong over the past few years - give him a chance.

And before someone says I am rich not taking my rebate this is not the case.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Paying our taxes is a duty.... being able to afford to support your own football club should be a right for all. Sadly this "I''m alright Jack" attitude has not only ruined the game... but society in general as well.

Quite what "winter heating allowance" has to do with the price of eggs I don''t know.... but as your pension is coming out of the pockets of others less well off you''re doing quite well already.........

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Paying our taxes is a duty.... being able to afford to support your own football club should be a right for all. Sadly this "I''m alright Jack" attitude has not only ruined the game... but society in general as well.

Quite what "winter heating allowance" has to do with the price of eggs I don''t know.... but as your pension is coming out of the pockets of others less well off you''re doing quite well already.........

[/quote]

Actually a police pension is one they pay into for themselves, for the force.  So neither you nor I pay towards that as such

I took my rebate because that was part of the deal when I renewed and I didn''t trust the decision makers at the club and I still don''t.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually a police pension is one they pay into for themselves, for the force.  So neither you nor I pay towards that as such

[/quote]

Only a percentage like anybody else on the "Council Pension Gravy Train" final salary schemes.....Odd how so many of you get promoted right at the end of your career to increase your income.

Anyone who pays taxes in turn helps pay for your luxurious season ticket via your service wages and "allowances". So in reality all of your pension comes from the tax payer.......Nice work if you can get it.

No-one particularly objects just as long as you don''t "rub it in"........ 

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Only a percentage like anybody else on the "Council Pension Gravy Train" final salary schemes.....Odd how so many of you get promoted right at the end of your career to increase your income.

Anyone who pays taxes in turn helps pay for your luxurious season ticket via your service wages and "allowances". So in reality all of your pension comes from the tax payer.......Nice work if you can get it.

No-one particularly objects just as long as you don''t "rub it in"........ 

[/quote]Thanks for contributing to my armed forces pension Cluck.[:)]