Sign in to follow this  
king of latvia

THAT MAN SVENSSON

i argee entirerly svenny was amazing 2day but i tell u wat all the people who slagged off bentley shud hang their head as his crosses were what won us the match 2day.

i thought that were both superb. gave everything we expect and want from them. and for the first time jonson looked a class act for me today. i like players who stand out in a game and i though jonson did exactly that. arjen who?

i don''t know if you remember me but i came on here the other week and completly slagged off svensson. i want to apologise to matt for my comments and the rest of the norwich supporters who took offense. i''m sorry my actions were wrong, we should be getting behind every member of the team during every match.

[quote]Who needs a new striker when we''ve got Big Fat Matty Svensson! He was superb today.[/quote]

You''re right - all we need is a nice tall defender who can actively tackle so we don''t concede as many as we do!

I just hope that Matt Svensson can put in performances like today, for the rest of the season.  I have been one of those posters who thought he was not putting in enough effort, but today he proved me wrong, he was making space for himself, closing defenders down and making tackles.  Hopefully this will kick start his season now, and he will go on to score many more goals.

Special praise for our midfield today who I thought were outstanding.

Being honest, I think there would be lots of teams who would have struggled to contain us today. Having been to the match and seen the Football First 50 minute highlights, I think the way we used the ball was awesome. I''ve seen high-tempo games before but I think the way we passed was superb, given the pace that the game was being played at.

For the first time this season, we really did look like a side capable of winning games in the Premiership. The passing was there, the finishing was there, the character was there, the work-ethic was there. Now all we need is consistency. Obviously, facing Chelsea away for our next match is one that we can''t expect a result from, so if we can limit our loss to 2 goals I will be pleased.

Gotta say that I was impressed by everyone''s performance today. Doherty had Davies in his pocket, Bentley''s vision and end-product was there, Huckerby made a few telling contributions, Green made 2 good saves as usual, Helveg''s composure under pressure was impressive, Safri''s defensive work was exemplory, Charlton adopted the left-back position well, Eddy was steady as ever (apart from the misplaced pass that cost us the corner for their second goal), Jonson battled well with N''Gotty.

All in all, a well deserved win. Let''s build on this, after the Chelsea game.

Yes, I put my hand up, I have criticised Svensson in the past. But on the occasion I felt it was justified. He hasn''t been scoring or playing well. Strikers are judged on shots on target and, up until yesterday, they were few and far between.

Yesterday he had a fab game and long may it continue!

Come on you Yellows !

Well said Dom Jay. If you look at the entire move that led to the second goal, the combination of passing was awesome. Would be a goal of the season contender if it had been Arsenal or Man Utd.

Glad to hear Mark L on Match of the Day admit he got it wrong and give Norwich some praise - NOT!!!!!!!  What a loser.