Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

On remaining nice - and hard.

"We have made an over-generous offer to settle Colchester United''s claim. My view is that even the majority of Colchester United''s directors want to settle, but one individual needs to come to the table to negotiate." said Alan Bowkett.

The matter is in the hands of City''s legal team, whose workload has increased with the decision to take the News of the World to court over claims the club was heading for administration.

It has increased the perception that McNally and Bowkett have swapped the velvet gloves for something rather stronger.

"There is nothing wrong with being nice, and that may not be a descriptive for me or Alan Bowkett, but that doesn''t matter because we have plenty of nice people in the football club," said McNally.

"This football club is unique - in a one-club city, a one-club county we truly are a community club where this club means so much to the community. There is a real sense of belonging and that''s really important. Niceness and being nice all fit with that. We all promise whilst we are here, however long they will have us, is that we won''t be soft.

"We will not be soft and there is a really important difference for me between being nice and being soft.

"We won''t be pushovers, that''s for sure."

[;)]

OTBC

[quote user="Buckethead"]I would have replied with something really interesting and postive but sadly my spam filter has blocked this post. [:S][/quote]I was thinking along the same lines Buckethead.One thing I will say is that it gets more difficult as you get older.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Bly has finally found a font size that matches his input........[/quote]

...output sex organ.