Sign in to follow this  
irishcanary

What odds on City

This seems a very odd question from a life long City fan, but bear with me. Does anyone know the odds bookies are offering on City NOT getting promoted this season. The reason for this is, whilst i am not a great gambler, everytime i have ever put money on City winning, they have lost. So as i would willing chuck money away to see them get promoted and i need to do something to calm me down, i thought i would place a bet, but are bookies offering odds

yes,ive always thought its better to be happy or richer, and so i never bet on norwich to win. like the birmingham game,of course i wanted norwich to win 100% but i still won 5quid

Irish,

Generally bookmakers won''t make the bet as it let''s you throw matches etc.

However, if you act a layer in a betting exchange i.e. Betfair, this has the same effect. If City do get promoted, you have to pay those that have bet with you that they will. Make sense?

Craig

Good point I am a regular punter and I told myself if double came up Tuesday would have fiver on DH at 11/2 to score first, whilst first leg won I regretted my decision as never betting on City, to avoid Hexing them. Not to worry second leg got well beat.

Did bet on 2-2 West Ham result with Harewood to score first at 75/1, however 0-0 half time scuppered likelihood of 2-2, but got first scorer and result right but no cigar.

I am sure bookies will give you odds if you ask but don''t expect great odds, I would guess 3/1 would be good at this satge of the season, not good but if it guarantees we go up, tell us where you got on.

I have always regarded as winning on the horses on Saturday as a bad omen for City''s game, however lately this has not been a concern as Ladbrokes will testify. Last week was not a problem however and Jurancon II won at 10-1, this was my tip for the Grand National, saturdays win has messed the current odds, but still a good tip for 3rd April and City to in at Burnley. Remember you heard it here first, please send small donation when you win.

agree with craig - the only way u can do this is thru betfair - currently just a bit below 3/1 not to win - ie you are laying at a price of about 1.3.

fortunately for me i backed norwich to win when they were big prices before christmas but have laid a lot of it off now which is nice postion to be in.

did anyone read that piece in the evening news online about the guy who reckoned he''d backed norwich at 33/1 over christmas? what a joke. they were never 33/1 at the start of the season let alone christmas when they were about 7/1 with the bookies and about 12 to 16/1 with betfair which is when i backed them.

yes, sorry my mistake - i guess my small brain couldnt cope with the fact that someone had backed us at 33s for the premiership!!