Sign in to follow this  
nu_matik

Drinking hole for away fans near the new den?

Hello all, I''m making my first to the new den tomorrow... Anyone got any ideas for the best place to drink pre-match with fellow city fans?

OTBC

much appreciated. on library computer so didnt have time to trawl posts. any other options?

The area around the ground is a complete dump and there are no nice pubs to drink in.  Drink in the London Bridge area.  You are only a few minutes away from the ground by train and trains leave LB every 5 mins

First rule, if it''s in a 5 mile radius of the ground, avoid!!

Or is that being unfair on them?

(I''m just guessing actually!!)

Get to the New Den early.....then stand and gape in awe at the local waste incinerator near to the ground....marvellous.

You may even end up in it......if you swagger into a local supporters boozer sporting colours near to their ground.

Go to the London Bridge area for some ale, chinwag and scoff.....then choo-choo to the game.

You know it makes sense! [Y]

[quote user="a1canary"]First rule, if it''s in a 5 mile radius of the ground, avoid!!

Or is that being unfair on them?

(I''m just guessing actually!!)[/quote]Come within 5 miles and we will eat your kids!!To be honest stay round L.B if you want a decent pint and no trouble.

Chers all! as you can see im very unorganised. what trains and buses go direct to ground?

[quote user="nu_matik"]Chers all! as you can see im very unorganised. what trains and buses go direct to ground?[/quote]Will worry about that after a couple of pints [B]

MadwallWhat''s the parking like near the ground ?I,m planning to drive to as close to the ground as i can then get a tube to LB any suggestions please

Very dodgy mate you will only be able to park on the housing estates and every week people have their windows smashed and stuff nicked.! If you are going to park up dont leave any signs in your car that you are here for the game. Personally i would not bother! Your best bet is to park at Stratford or Stanmore depending on where your travelling from and get the jubilee line to london bridge around half hour each way. (Check that the jubilee is running though first)

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Get to the New Den early.....then stand and gape in awe at the local waste incinerator near to the ground....marvellous.

You may even end up in it......if you swagger into a local supporters boozer sporting colours near to their ground.

Go to the London Bridge area for some ale, chinwag and scoff.....then choo-choo to the game.

[/quote]Just make sure you get on the away fans '' choo-choo ''.Easy to spot........it''s the armoured one with the rear gunner ( lol )

[quote user="Madwall"]Very dodgy mate you will only be able to park on the housing estates and every week people have their windows smashed and stuff nicked.! If you are going to park up dont leave any signs in your car that you are here for the game. Personally i would not bother! Your best bet is to park at Stratford or Stanmore depending on where your travelling from and get the jubilee line to london bridge around half hour each way. (Check that the jubilee is running though first)[/quote]

Cheers may just do that or look at the 02 arena.coming from North M11

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Just make sure you get on the away fans '' choo-choo ''.

Easy to spot........it''s the armoured one with the rear gunner ( lol )
[/quote]

All aboard for the South Bermondsey football special!

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]Just make sure you get on the away fans '' choo-choo ''.Easy to spot........it''s the armoured one with the rear gunner ( lol )[/quote]

All aboard for the South Bermondsey football special!

[/quote]Priceless [:D]