Sign in to follow this  
canarytim

Sort this Colchester mess out now

The club, with the exception of the debt, is iin the best shape it has been for years.

Paul Lambert and his staff are doing an unbelievable job, the fans turn out in force week in week out and Delia is letting the "Football people" run the club.

However there is one cloud on the horizon and that is this dispute with Colchester over Paul Lambert, the club must sort this out now.

Sources in the club are saying it is very, very unlikely that we will be docked points I for one believe they are probrably correct, but do we want to put this to the test ?

Imagine the scenario at the hearing, Colchester the little club versus mighty Norwich who "stole" their manager, Cowling will also point to how well we have done since Lambert''s appointment.

The point is if there is even 1 chance in 100 it is not worth the risk that some commitee will decide to make an example of us and dock us points.

So Mr Chairman do the deal, lets be honest Lambert has been our best "signing" for years so if it costs a bit more than we want to pay so be it.

Well theres only one person stopping it being sorted.We shall pay them some money, which will be an absolute bargain, and we shall move on.I couldn''t be less worried about it if I''m honest.

Frankly I still think we should give Colchester the bird and bulldoze thier club to make way for flats which can help us clear off our 23m debt.

Pay up basically, I suppose being a long term Norwich fan you always think if something can go wrong something will go wrong.

Ask the League Manager''s association to mediate or whoever does that. There must be precedents in tha past where this has happened so a realistic figure must surely be out there somewhere.

I agree Cowling is being an "arse", if Liverpool, Celtic or Man City came in for Lambert I would understand him wanting to leave and that is how we are in comparison to Colchester. So Cowling should realise this is a guy just wanting to better himself.

But my worry is, and I do agree that points deduction is very unlikely, is that we are acting very smug in saying "off the record" that this definately won''t happen.

Do we have inside information as to what the Panel will do, perhaps we do and that would be great the only thing I am saying is wouldn''t it be better to sort this out now rather than take the risk however small.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]Do you lie awake at nights worrying about this canarytim?[/quote]

I certainly don''t MF.  Reading between the lines, NCFC have made a reasonable compo offer to Col U,but it''s just Cowling who is making a complete prat of himself by his intransigent attitude. He ought to realise that,for time immemorial,bigger clubs have poached smaller clubs'' staff. No doubt,a Prem club will soon be sniffing around Lambert,Martin,Hoolahoop etc. Shit happens, Robbie. Get over it.

Seeing as no-one apart from the parties concerned knows what the compensation offer is you can have no idea whether it''s reasonable or not.

Opinion on this is straightforward, for the most part. If you support Norwich you believe what your club says, if you support Colchester you believe what our club says.

The lines you are reading between are only half of the story. I could just as easily say reading between the lines not only have Norwich broken FL rules but they are trying to shaft us and Robbie is holding out for what is fair for Col U.

[quote user="canarytim"]The club, with the exception of the debt, is iin the best shape it has been for years. Paul Lambert and his staff are doing an unbelievable job, the fans turn out in force week in week out and Delia is letting the "Football people" run the club. However there is one cloud on the horizon and that is this dispute with Colchester over Paul Lambert, the club must sort this out now. Sources in the club are saying it is very, very unlikely that we will be docked points I for one believe they are probrably correct, but do we want to put this to the test ? Imagine the scenario at the hearing, Colchester the little club versus mighty Norwich who "stole" their manager, Cowling will also point to how well we have done since Lambert''s appointment. The point is if there is even 1 chance in 100 it is not worth the risk that some commitee will decide to make an example of us and dock us points. So Mr Chairman do the deal, lets be honest Lambert has been our best "signing" for years so if it costs a bit more than we want to pay so be it.[/quote]

''''I have a letter in my hand from Heir Hitler which promises peace in our time'''' for Gawds son sake grow a pair![:S]

Indeed colufan. So the most sensible option for all parties is surely to let the Football league tribunal decide what is fair. If they decide on a figure higher than your club is demanding then you can rub your hands with glee and call Robbie Cowling a cock for setting his sights too low. If they decide on a figure below what your club is demanding we can rub our hands with glee and call Robbie Cowling a cock for setting his sights too high.

So there ya go.. the guy''s a cock whatever[;)]

Which is your money on[:^)]

My money is on whatever the outcome both parties saying they are happy with the result.

You''re entitled to your opinion on Robbie - you''re wrong, but you''re entitled.

[quote user="colufan"]My money is on whatever the outcome both parties saying they are happy with the result.

You''re entitled to your opinion on Robbie - you''re wrong, but you''re entitled.[/quote]Hes a wa*ker and no Im not wrong. I have a lot of evidence.

You have the evidence of a couple of statements that have rubbed Norwich fans up the wrong way and a refusal to roll over and play dead.

We have the evidence of everything he has done for our club since he arrived.

I''m happier with our mountain rather than your molehill.

You keep telling us to get over it, it''s probably about time a few of you guys did.

Stop panicking guys - RC (or is that arsey) wants some cash from us, but until the sum is determined it sits within our account.  The only people who gain at the moment are NCFC, the only ones who don''t are CUFC.  The most likely scenario is McNally will sign a cheque on the way into the FL tribunal.  Should that not happen, if the FL find against us and it will be a big IF, given McNally''s current tough stance it might well go all the way to the Court of Abritration for Sport before this one gets settled - and look what happened with recent cases in F1 and Chelsky - effectively finding for the transgressor and overturning previous decisions.  Have faith Canarytim, this will cost us but not a lot, if you must worry just concentrate on the team and get behind them.  Keep the faith.

OTBC

[quote user="colufan"]You have the evidence of a couple of statements that have rubbed Norwich fans up the wrong way and a refusal to roll over and play dead. We have the evidence of everything he has done for our club since he arrived. I''m happier with our mountain rather than your molehill. You keep telling us to get over it, it''s probably about time a few of you guys did.[/quote]

Robbie is a god.... Some Nowich fans will never get over it mate. They don''t like him because he wouldn''t bend over backwards for them and give big old "we once won in the olympic stadium in Munich" Norwich more tickets.......

[quote user="morty"]We''ll never play you again.

[;)]
[/quote]

I''d be carefull saying that after last time you sung it.......

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Indeed colufan. So the most sensible option for all parties is surely to let the Football league tribunal decide what is fair. If they decide on a figure higher than your club is demanding then you can rub your hands with glee and call Robbie Cowling a cock for setting his sights too low. If they decide on a figure below what your club is demanding we can rub our hands with glee and call Robbie Cowling a cock for setting his sights too high.

So there ya go.. the guy''s a cock whatever[;)]

Which is your money on[:^)]

[/quote]lol [Y]

Im in total agreement NN the guy is just a COCK(fullstop)