Sign in to follow this  
ca

Bottom Six

Nothing has changed at the bottom as the other results all went for us today and no-one else gained any points. Just need Palace to lose tomorrow now so we''re no worse off.

Thought Id just try and cheer us up a bit, but dont suppose its worked as we all know we need to win those sort of games at home.

It''s a good point angel.  With WBA, Birmingham, Blackburn and Southampton all losing it could''ve been a much worse weekend. 

It''s just a bit depressing when you look at the table and realise we could''ve been 14th if we''d won 

We also need to remember that we have not lost to any of the other six sides at the bottom.  The time to panic is if we lose any of those six pointer games.

[quote]Nothing has changed at the bottom as the other results all went for us today and no-one else gained any points. Just need Palace to lose tomorrow now so we''re no worse off. Thought Id just try and ch...[/quote]

Good point well made, Angel. Yesterday is just the kind of result you get when you''re at the wrong end of the table. Seems to me this is rather like warfare - in the heat of battle it depends on who makes fewer cock-ups. And there are still a few teams making as many cock-ups as we are.

We''re still in touch. Still all to play for.

i admire your optimism CA

all i can say is that i wish i hadn''t gone yesterday - boy was i down after the game, despite having all the family down for the game and all my mates around me i felt really alone!

guess it has sunk in really, we are just not good enough and if we can''t get even a draw against the likes of fulham we are not going to survive! 

we need at least three teams to be worse than us!!  at the moment there is only one! 

its alright saying that but if we don''t get the points needed, it wont matter what everyone else does because we will still be in the bottom 3.

I know what you are saying but wouldn''t it be great if Norwich did get 3 points and all the others didn''t. Norwich could shoot up the table a bit. Its like living on a knife edge at the moment!

Lets hope we can get 3 points Saturday and then its off to Stamford Bridge...........!!

The thing is we have now played most of the bottom sides at home , so things are not going to get any easier. Fulham had been beaten NINE times this season and were way to good for us. We will be bottom at christmas , and we wont be the first side to beat the jinx . Sorry but we are being returned to where we came from . We lack the quality all over the pitch (between the posts being the exception) not just a top striker.

[quote]i admire your optimism CA all i can say is that i wish i hadn''t gone yesterday - boy was i down after the game, despite having all the family down for the game and all my mates around me i felt reall...[/quote]

Gazza,

I hear what you''re saying and I understand how you''re feeling but you''re a fighter just like me and we mustn''t give up until its mathamatically impossible for us to survive.

Maybe Worthy will be given a bit more money than is being banded around plus the money for Greeno, of course, which may buy us a couple of quality players which might make the difference in January, who knows!

Look on the positive side we have as much chance as staying up as the other 5 around us so lets keep hoping and encouraging and drinking, all 3 might help them and us.

[quote]Nothing has changed at the bottom as the other results all went for us today and no-one else gained any points. Just need Palace to lose tomorrow now so we''re no worse off. Thought Id just try and ch...[/quote]

This is getting spooky!, City Angel.

Just like last year (yes, I know you don''t need reminding) when City lost, so did our rivals.

If we could bring in a Jason Roberts type in January ( sorry, but I like him, okay) then who knows, yes?.

Mind you, it ain''t half tense again, isn''t it?.    

CityAngel:

Lucky for us now, but we can only be lucky for so long, we have been relying on the outcome of other games for far too long, and as we all know, we need to be getting 3 points on the board for ourselves now, let''s "hope" then that we can do just this, and as do as you say, "shoot up the board"!! and luckily also, that palace lost...

premier1:

I''m an optimist... and I never like to dwell on the negative side of things. I agree and accept that it aint looking to good for us right now, but I myself cannot just accept that we are "going down" and that all hope is lost rah rah... and I''m not having a go at people who think this way, perhaps they are just being more "realistic" than me... but there has to be balance.

My only hope is that those of us, that have resigned to the fact that we are going down, and that we aren''t good enough to be where we are, don''t also resign their support for the team and club... and continue their great support regardless... Perhaps it is just because I cant accept this "possiblity" yet, because whilst there is a glimmer of hope, no matter how slim, there is still a chance...

But I can tell you this, even if it get''s to the point where we cant win enough points to stay up, then I''ll accept this and move to my next optimistic view, of "Let''s really kick some arse while we''re up here, and get as many wins, and great games under our belt as we can, before we say goodbye to prem"... we should go down fighting, and we should go down giving the best support for the team and for the club as we can, because let''s face it, and all other clubs know it, that NCFC is a powerhouse of football in terms of committment by supporters, and committment to the game by the club and team... We''re the most respected supporters in the League, because at the end of the day, we have more pride in our team, more respect for our club, than any other establishment could wish for from their own troops...

Canaries, let them hear us now... BRING ON BOLTON!!!

ONWARD NORWICH CITY!!!

I''M CITY TIL I DIE!!!

[quote]CityAngel: Lucky for us now, but we can only be lucky for so long, we have been relying on the outcome of other games for far too long, and as we all know, we need to be getting 3 points on the board...[/quote]

My sentiments entirely Normann Canary, we mustn''t give up.

[quote]i admire your optimism CA all i can say is that i wish i hadn''t gone yesterday - boy was i down after the game, despite having all the family down for the game and all my mates around me i felt reall...[/quote]

Gazza,

Are you feeling a bit happier after yesterdays brilliant performance?

3 points, out of the bottom 3, other results all went for us again. 

There''s a flicker of light at the end of the tunnel can anyone else see it ?

I think this thread proves just how a few good results can get you out of trouble.  I know we''re only a point above the relegation zone but we''re 15th!!  Thats pretty unbelievable at this stage of the season.  Because there are so many teams taking points off each other, and so many "6 pointers" ending with just 1 each, if we put a run together we can pull out of the danger zone quite quckly.

Yeah its just a pity we have Chelsea away next week and unfortunately for us Tottenham are now starting to come good with three wins out of three.  Still what will be will be and hopefully we can build on yesterdays performance and surprise a few.