Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

okay right people ..

To be honest i have spent a few days being a little offended by the stick i have recieved regarding mr gunn .

and as a person i like the guy and feel he has done some good for our club .But as many have said we are all going round in circles of who is to blame for our fall .

Mr roeder ..? mr gunn..? mr grant ..? to be honest as much as we argue the fact of who bought who and who has turned out good ....it does not matter any more .

it is history ....and our team is being noticed and we are doing things right ..by the board and on the pitch .

so let us all forget the past and look foward to the future ....and it looks good ..

i really do respect everyones thoughts on here, but when it gets heated to be honest i dont enjoy a heated situation that  has happend in the past of which everyone is never going to agree on .

this is the season where everything is going good and being delt with right by the board and management and on the pitch .....(love that quote)

canary fans must be together ...... what ever thoughts on the past , now that matters ...and moving forward as a club as fans ...

championship here we come ..... mr lambert please continue with the magic ..

Dont let things get to you mate.Like you said everyones opinion is gonna vary and thats what makes the world interesting.Also stick to your "Gunns" (hahah sorry) in that if you believe in something then fight for it !I get stick all the time for saying Doherty''s over rated. Doesnt change the fact I think he is out of his depth in the Championship and should be offloaded at the end of the season at the latest :)

Don''t be offended singing canary. Nothing really matters on here, feel every emotion how you wish but don''t take anything to heart. Pretend you''re a Norwich player playing at Portman Rd, and their fans are hurling every insult your way with foul and personal abuse. You''re making your own way home after the game, your car breaks down and you gotta walk through the town, and all their fans, you are instantly recognised and the abuse continues. Swear at them under your breath, laugh at them, get to where you gotta go turn around and give them as many one and two finger salutes as you can muster. 

Although it is dangerous to become too laissez-faire about failure (as a professional endeavor there needs to be accountability for poor performance) I say hear hear to that. We look so much better as a team and club now than we did last season- even though we were in a higher division. Hope like crazy that whatever happens, Lambert and McNally will stay for a bit.

[quote user="singing canary"]

so get grilled for giving mr gunn some credit .........................." here we go"...........

[/quote]Make your mind up, you''re either leaving it and moving on or you''re not lol.

morty im sure we can beg to differ on many things but i do come from a time when i saw norwich win more games than lose and admit i do have a soft spot for gunny ,

alot you said and i do respect you point of view , i read your posts and what i gather you are a funny guy ...

we will beg to differ yet what i have seen so far has sone me proud as a city fan , whoever signed or helped progress as a player ....

all im saying is whatever difference we have ..lets drop it .

We''re not going to move on.As much as one may desire otherwise, football will always revert back to the ''history books'' in some sort of fashion. We can delude ourselves for a day, or maybe even two, that we''ve moved on, but the nature of the game, and the nature of the football fan, will never be eternally restrained from delving back into the past.Afterall, we are on a forum. Removing history from discussion is devaluing part of it''s very essence. You may do so to avoid ''criticism'' for a short while, but i''m afaid in the long term... It''s not going to withstand.Sorry SC.

[quote user="singing canary"]

To be honest i have spent a few days being a little offended by the stick i have recieved regarding mr gunn .

and as a person i like the guy and feel he has done some good for our club .But as many have said we are all going round in circles of who is to blame for our fall .

Mr roeder ..? mr gunn..? mr grant ..? to be honest as much as we argue the fact of who bought who and who has turned out good ....it does not matter any more .

it is history ....and our team is being noticed and we are doing things right ..by the board and on the pitch .

so let us all forget the past and look foward to the future ....and it looks good ..

i really do respect everyones thoughts on here, but when it gets heated to be honest i dont enjoy a heated situation that  has happend in the past of which everyone is never going to agree on .

this is the season where everything is going good and being delt with right by the board and management and on the pitch .....(love that quote)

canary fans must be together ...... what ever thoughts on the past , now that matters ...and moving forward as a club as fans ...

championship here we come ..... mr lambert please continue with the magic ..

[/quote]

The important thing is that you are a passionate fan of the canaries and that you have an opinion and it dont really matter if` people agree with you or not.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Dont let things get to you mate.
Like you said everyones opinion is gonna vary and thats what makes the world interesting.

Also stick to your "Gunns" (hahah sorry) in that if you believe in something then fight for it !
I get stick all the time for saying Doherty''s over rated. Doesnt change the fact I think he is out of his depth in the Championship and should be offloaded at the end of the season at the latest :)
[/quote]

Yep, let''s forget the past and look to the future.  In that respect I have to agree with you Nex, Doc is great in League 1, but we''ll need better next year!  There''s confidence!

i think what ultimately did for Gunny was the fact he didnt have an experienced assistant.

the signings that gunn made, Holt, Askou, Mcdonald, Lee, briging Korey smith through showed glimpses that he could perhaps have got it right.

clearly he wasnt the man for the job but an experienced assistant would have been abkle to have walked Gunny through the early days of management until he had got it right for himself. instead we got Ian Butterworth.... look how Lambert has an experienced assistant in Cully, and in the early Worthy years how he had Doug Livermore as examples.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i think what ultimately did for Gunny was the fact he didnt have an experienced assistant.

the signings that gunn made, Holt, Askou, Mcdonald, Lee, briging Korey smith through showed glimpses that he could perhaps have got it right.

clearly he wasnt the man for the job but an experienced assistant would have been abkle to have walked Gunny through the early days of management until he had got it right for himself. instead we got Ian Butterworth.... look how Lambert has an experienced assistant in Cully, and in the early Worthy years how he had Doug Livermore as examples.

[/quote]

Let me just play devils advocate here Jas.

Being assistant at Wycombe and Colchester rates higher up the league of experience than being assistant at Cardiff and Hartlepool.Interesting that one.

The overweight and over the hill(in my book anyway)Alan Lee was a glimpse that Gunny could perhaps have got it right according to you..In my eyes Lee was papering over the cracks for not having any sort of strike partnership on the books hence poor old Rusty being used up front.

As i said just playing devils advocate.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Being assistant at Wycombe and Colchester rates higher up the league of experience than being assistant at Cardiff and Hartlepool.Interesting that one.

The overweight and over the hill(in my book anyway)Alan Lee was a glimpse that Gunny could perhaps have got it right according to you..In my eyes Lee was papering over the cracks for not having any sort of strike partnership on the books hence poor old Rusty being used up front.

[/quote]

Colverhouse was also assistant at Brighton and Swindon, Swindon when they were a championship side, Colchester when they were a championship side, Brighton when they were a championship side.. i think you see the pattern emerging here Tilly... Butterworth was bog cleaner at Darlington and a coach at hartlepool. so its bottom division experience for most of his career then.

Grant Holt is over weight Tilly.. whats your point? Alan Lee gave us the fight we needed up front, scored goals and actually gace a sh*t.. which is far more than Sammy clingan did from his on pitch performances.. but then lets not let Lee being an Ipswich player cloud your judgement shall we?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Colverhouse was also assistant at Brighton and Swindon, Swindon when they were a championship side, Colchester when they were a championship side, Brighton when they were a championship side.. i think you see the pattern emerging here Tilly... Butterworth was bog cleaner at Darlington and a coach at hartlepool. so its bottom division experience for most of his career then.

Grant Holt is over weight Tilly.. whats your point? Alan Lee gave us the fight we needed up front, scored goals and actually gace a sh*t.. which is far more than Sammy clingan did from his on pitch performances.. but then lets not let Lee being an Ipswich player cloud your judgement shall we?

[/quote]

Are you sure you''re not getting Clingan mixed up with someone else, maybe Fotheringham.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jas just get this right mate,i am a big,big fan of Culverhouse but i think you have massaged his CV.He was youth team coach at Brighton and has never been a member of the backroom staff at Swindon.What division were Colchester in when he followed Paul Lambert from Wycombe? I think you will find it was League One,not the Championship.

My point about Alan Lee was overweight,over age,overpaid and overpriced.Your comparison to Grant Holt is ridiculous.Appearances to goals ratio i will not bother with.