Sign in to follow this  
"""""""""Ben """""""""""

Holt or McDonald

Holt''s our captain and main focal point of inspiration. We have looked half the team without him! Cody may of scored a goal in the past 2 games, but then doesnt really contribute a lot else, whereas holt scores and does everything!!!.

holt at the moment is norwich city, any team would laugh if he was on the bench... there focus of our attack will be holt and hoolahan

cody is proving a good striker on the subs bench... again if he doesn''t prove himself over next season I am not sure if we would resign in 2011... if we go up will we look for another striker?... possibly

[quote user="benedictgr"]When McDonald Comes back who shall we play him or McDonald? I think McDonald personly as he is in fine form! :)[/quote]Isn''t this a joke thread :S:S!?Well if it isn''t how stupid would lambo be to drop Holt out most prolific and top scorer from a striker that has scored 3 goals all season.As well as the facts that without holt we have not played our best football and having to scrap wins rather than dominate them.

[quote user="benedictgr"]When McDonald Comes back who shall we play him or McDonald? I think McDonald personly as he is in fine form! :)[/quote]Isn''t this a joke thread :S:S!?Well if it isn''t how stupid would lambo be to drop Holt out most prolific and top scorer from a striker that has scored 3 goals all season.As well as the facts that without holt we have not played our best football and having to scrap wins rather than dominate them.

Good god do people go to games blindfolded these days! If you think Cody is going to anywhere near effective as Holt in our lineup in a game you should really book an appoinment with your GP on Monday.

[quote user="smooth"]holt at the moment is norwich city, any team would laugh if he was on the bench... there focus of our attack will be holt and hoolahan

cody is proving a good striker on the subs bench... again if he doesn''t prove himself over next season I am not sure if we would resign in 2011... if we go up will we look for another striker?... possibly[/quote]Offering Cody a new contract should be a no-brainer

Of course Holt has to go back in, as captain, as talisman and as grafter. The real issue now is Oli vs Cody as to who comes on late in the game, I''d say Cody has put his case forward possibly enough but Oli has been superb coming on late for us. What a great conundrum!

[quote user="benedictgr"]When McDonald Comes back who shall we play him or McDonald? I think McDonald personly as he is in fine form! :)[/quote]Youve gotta be joking, right?

Holt would be my number one choice without a doubt and I''m sure he will be the first name on Lambo''s teamsheet next week. Cody will have to settle for the bench once more. The whole team plays better when Holt is on song.

Thing is, I''d pick Holt over Cody any day of the week.But, picture the scenario, we win 4-1 today and Cody scores a hat trick, what do you do?Could you seriously drop him?Really, all things being fair Holty would have to go on the bench and earn his place back.

[quote user="First Wizard"]This even needs a debate? Tragic.[:''(][/quote]Yes.Its what we do here, we debate things.[*-)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]This even needs a debate? Tragic.[:''(][/quote]

Yes.

Its what we do here, we debate things.

[*-)]
[/quote]

Mostly the ludicrous it seems!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]This even needs a debate? Tragic.[:''(][/quote]Yes.Its what we do here, we debate things.[*-)][/quote]

[/quote]Why is it ludicrous?If Cody plays well today does he deserve to be dropped?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]This even needs a debate? Tragic.[:''(][/quote]

Yes.

[*-)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why is it ludicrous?

If Cody plays well today does he deserve to be dropped?
[/quote]

No, but Holt is our first choice captain, he holds the ball up better than anyone, doesn''t get bullied and gets in defenders faces, Oh, and scored 22 goals!

Harsh on Cody? yes, No brainer? most certainly![:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]This even needs a debate? Tragic.[:''(][/quote]Yes.Its what we do here, we debate things.[*-)][/quote]

[/quote]Why is it ludicrous?If Cody plays well today does he deserve to be dropped?[/quote]

No, but Holt is our first choice captain, he holds the ball up better than anyone, doesn''t get bullied and gets in defenders faces, Oh, and scored 22 goals!

[/quote]Well I''m not so sure Lambert works that way. If Cody plays out of his skin today I think the honourable and fair thing to do would be to make Holt earn his place back.No player is bigger than the team, certainly not in Lambert''s team.[:)]

Lambert seems a very unlikely person to worry about doing the honourable thing, he will just pick what he thinks is best thing for the team. If Cody retains his place Super Chrissy is more likely to be dropped than Holt.

[quote user="Longy"]Lambert seems a very unlikely person to worry about doing the honourable thing, he will just pick what he thinks is best thing for the team. If Cody retains his place Super Chrissy is more likely to be dropped than Holt.
[/quote]

What are you people on McDonald is not good enough to start under normal circumstances, he trys hard & has pace comes in handy but that it he wil be realeased in the summer

[quote user="benedictgr"]When McDonald Comes back who shall we play him or McDonald? I think McDonald personly as he is in fine form! :)[/quote]i see the drugs have kicked in

[quote user="funny old game"]

[quote user="Longy"]Lambert seems a very unlikely person to worry about doing the honourable thing, he will just pick what he thinks is best thing for the team. If Cody retains his place Super Chrissy is more likely to be dropped than Holt.[/quote]

What are you people on McDonald is not good enough to start under normal circumstances, he trys hard & has pace comes in handy but that it he wil be realeased in the summer

[/quote]If you read my comments earlier in the thread or that comment properly. I am totally against starting Cody ahead of Holt or Martin, i was simply suggesting that Cody and Holt is slightly preferable to Cody and Martin that is all.

[quote user="benedictgr"]When McDonald Comes back who shall we play him or McDonald? I think McDonald personly as he is in fine form! :)[/quote]

holt?*

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Yes.

[*-)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why is it ludicrous?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I''m not so sure Lambert works that way. If Cody plays out of his skin today I think the honourable and fair thing to do would be to make Holt earn his place back.

No player is bigger than the team, certainly not in Lambert''s team.

[:)]
[/quote]

Actions speak louder than your fine words Morty, case closed.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]Why is it ludicrous?If Cody plays well today does he deserve to be dropped?[/quote]

[/quote]Well I''m not so sure Lambert works that way. If Cody plays out of his skin today I think the honourable and fair thing to do would be to make Holt earn his place back.No player is bigger than the team, certainly not in Lambert''s team.[:)][/quote]

[/quote]Wiz, you have really let yourself down here.Petty "I told you so" is pathetic even by your standards.And nothing has been proven, my point was that if he played well then he shouldn''t be dropped. He didn''t play well so how you feel you can get on your high horse about this is odd to say the least.And you wonder why most people''s perception of you here is negative.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Yes.

[*-)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why is it ludicrous?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I''m not so sure Lambert works that way. If Cody plays out of his skin today I think the honourable and fair thing to do would be to make Holt earn his place back.

No player is bigger than the team, certainly not in Lambert''s team.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wiz, you have really let yourself down here.

Petty "I told you so" is pathetic even by your standards.

And nothing has been proven, my point was that if he played well then he shouldn''t be dropped. He didn''t play well so how you feel you can get on your high horse about this is odd to say the least.

And you wonder why most people''s perception of you here is negative.

[/quote]

I wasn''t gloating morty, honestly, imo, it was a no brainer thread anyway. Lambert has his favourite first choice team, and Cody isn''t in it.

Ifs won''t win promotion, prolific scorers however will.