Sign in to follow this  
"""""""""Ben """""""""""

Holt or McDonald

[quote user="benedictgr"]When McDonald Comes back who shall we play him or McDonald? I think McDonald personly as he is in fine form! :)[/quote]*Holt.

To be fair to Cody, as mentioned in Ferraris notes, Mcdonald is the only player to have been named in every single squad this season, he may have only played half the games and the majority of them as sub, but when we needed him he popped up with 2 crucial goals. A fantastic attitude towards the game, i just think he needs to bulk up a bit if hes gonna make it in the champ

[quote user="jed exodous"]To be fair to Cody, as mentioned in Ferraris notes, Mcdonald is the only player to have been named in every single squad this season, he may have only played half the games and the majority of them as sub, but when we needed him he popped up with 2 crucial goals. A fantastic attitude towards the game, i just think he needs to bulk up a bit if hes gonna make it in the champ[/quote]Sorry mate, Ferrairis notes ?? whats that... link ? just interested to read it.I would say Grant Holt...BUT( as you can telll from my Cody Mac GK Avatar 8-) ) Im a HUGE Cody Mac fan, think hes gonna be the business for us long term.He hasnt put a foot wrong all season for us and has always stepped up.Awesome attitude and ability.Think hes one to watch, Id like to see him go out on Loan for a few months at least if not a full season.But i think he will make it, bit of time in the gym and some first team football and we will have one HELL of a player.

Surely a joke thread. How on earth can you compare Holt with Cody. Although we have won both games without the great man, we have missed him badly. Work rate, vision and far more skill that given credit for.

Cody has a bit of promise but just can''t see him making it any higher than this league.

ah ok cheers jed,I think Cody will perform in the champ, he seems to be doing a lot of his work on pure determination and tenacity.One of Wayne Rooney''s underlying strengths is the fact hes  like a bulldog. He will chase a ball even if its 50 yards away from him.Same with Cody, he just wants the ball and will chase it regardless of his chances of making it or not.This kind of determination will and HAS been rewarded this season on multiple occasions so cant be put down to "luck" or a "one off."

Agreed Nexus, there should always be a place for someone like Cody in the squad, however, going slightly off topic, injuries aside do you reckon OTJ has done everything poss to get back into this squad? Surely if he is a talented as they were making out, Lambo would''ve given him a crack at it, thats the point i was trying to make on the other thread.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]ah ok cheers jed,

I think Cody will perform in the champ, he seems to be doing a lot of his work on pure determination and tenacity.
One of Wayne Rooney''s underlying strengths is the fact hes  like a bulldog. He will chase a ball even if its 50 yards away from him.
Same with Cody, he just wants the ball and will chase it regardless of his chances of making it or not.
This kind of determination will and HAS been rewarded this season on multiple occasions so cant be put down to "luck" or a "one off."
[/quote]

I think Cody will always scores goals because of his pace and, as you mentioned, determination and tenacity. He can score a goal when he gets the chance.

Unlike Rooney he doesn''t have the strength and power to back it up. But then you know Rooney is one of the top 2 or 3 footballers in the world and Cody cost us a few quid from Dartford so he''s not going to have the total package.

Against Hartlepool I thought Cody put in more leg work than Chris Martin and scored a good goal but did little else. He remains very much a player to come off the bench.

Yup there certainly always should be a spot for a player like Cody.OTJ.... who can honestly tell...whos infront of him ?Rusty : Having a "quiet" but great season in that hes not breaking the headlines but he certainly is a solid brick in the squad. I think we would notice his absence more than his presence if you get my meaning.Smith : Bags of tallent which is obvious but hes young and hes gonna be inconsistant at this point in his career. Deffo needs the first team and hes getting it. Another one whos gonna be a rock in 2-3 years.

OTJ probably needs some time to get his fitness and playing mentallity back. It would be very intimidating to break into the current Norwich team they must have a good bond and spirit in place.He probably feels like a Gunn reject regardless of the fans / players / managers reaction to him.I think he needs some time to get his head straight rather than anything, if thats a loan deal so be it.Dont think we have seen enough of him to judge him really.

FFS, you and Brendan really need to get a grip. I hope Danny Kelly doesn''t come on for the last 10 minutes against Millwall and do ok cause we''ll probably  have a Danny Kelly or Grant Holt thread for the Brighton match

[quote user="Askounin"]FFS, you and Brendan really need to get a grip. I hope Danny Kelly doesn''t come on for the last 10 minutes against Millwall and do ok cause we''ll probably  have a Danny Kelly or Grant Holt thread for the Brighton match[/quote]My one was serious, Rose or Drury is a bit more revelant? This one is just pathetic. Blame me though, ok [Y]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Surely a joke thread. How on earth can you compare Holt with Cody. Although we have won both games without the great man, we have missed him badly. Work rate, vision and far more skill that given credit for.

Cody has a bit of promise but just can''t see him making it any higher than this league.[/quote]

how can u say that?he played in the championship last season, made 7 or 8 appearences scoring on his debut!was my man of the match for the reading game in which he started!?!?!?!?

[quote user="benedictgr"]When McDonald Comes back who shall we play him or McDonald? I think McDonald personly as he is in fine form! :)[/quote]You are an air thief! Stop wasting it for the rest of us.

[quote user="benedictgr"]When McDonald Comes back who shall we play him or McDonald? I think McDonald personly as he is in fine form! :)[/quote]

Holt everyday of the week. For reasons which may about to become clear in a very physical encounter at Millwall. Cody has many good attributes but I cant see him holding the ball up and taking pressure of the defence like Holty does. Also cant see him providing the same leadership in what will be a tough game.

I think that now Holt has had a rest. Recovered from any knocks he might have had. He will come back all guns blazing, but i think it will be really unfair to just kick McDonald out of the squad. Unless he has a howler against Millwall.

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]I think that now Holt has had a rest. Recovered from any knocks he might have had. He will come back all guns blazing, but i think it will be really unfair to just kick McDonald out of the squad. Unless he has a howler against Millwall.[/quote]Interesting point, and Cody knows Holty is available the next game so that should spur him on.

Holt everytime! If hes''s not scoring, he is causing probelms for the defence and letting others take advantage, the break probably has done him some good as he has had a back injury apparently. Iam a fan of Cody though and hope he has a future at this club.

Is this a serious debate you are having??  Cody or Grant, hmm, let me engage one brain cell.

would be harsh to drop cody if he plays well and scores.. you should give him a chance.. "if it aint broke" and all that.... if it meant Holt on the bench then so be it.